PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham v Leeds Thoughts

Ellis_D
17-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Absolutely fantastic win for the Millers! Superb performance by the lads, thoroughly deserved victory.

Adam Collin made two great saves.

Frazer Richardson put in a superb performance against his old club, as did Paul Green.

Ben Pringle put in some great deliveries, as always.

Frecks was top, great run that got Revs his goal.

And Alex Revell. What a player. First on the team sheet for me. Was everywhere again, wins so many balls for us. The Rotherham fans who knock him know sod all about football. Absolutely delighted for him to have got the goal too.

Jonson Clarke-Harris, what a goal! The swerve and power on it. Top notch!

And one final thought. Tommaso Bianchi and Rodolph Austin. What a pair of dirty, cheating, diving bell ends they both are. They certainly suit dirty Leeds.

In your face Leeds. All the mouth you have given it. Saying it was our cup final, etc. We're just better than you. You're not famous anymore.

You came, you saw, we conquered.

Up The Millers!

crashbang
17-10-2014, 10:37 PM
I'll go with that.
Especially the Revell bit

kevthemaltbymiller
17-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Alex just loves the camera's. I bet he wishes we could be on tele every week.

Scored 2 when we were live on tele a few years ago (can't remember who it was against), two at wembley and again 1 tonight.

Great result , well done the lads.

millertop
17-10-2014, 10:52 PM
We have a very good goalie that's for sure.

Richardson is a good player but backs off too much for my liking.

Pringle has played better.

You'll Always see a difference when Frecks is on, he needs to score.

To me Revell looked like,he's carrying an injury but still a great goal.

JCH get him on the pitch, great player.

Why does Derbshire hit the ball at the goali instead of going round him? Still say he will be a good player though

millyTHEmiller
17-10-2014, 10:55 PM

Scored 2 when we were live on tele a few years ago (can't remember who it was against), two at wembley and again 1 tonight.

think that was against swindon about 4 year ago.remember it well. think we lost 3-2 that game as well

ghost_of_dusty_m
17-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Starting with revell - every time I start to think bout time he was left on the bench he produces a second half like today. I don't think he gels well with derbyshire - I think they make each other look poor and don't think they get on on the pitch, noticed a couple of times tonight they seemed to be having a pop at each other.

At half time I would have swapped them both for Bowery and JCH and I'd have been half wrong. Revs seemed happier with JCH and looks like we have a finisher in JCH. Don't think he's 20 goals a season at this level yet but think hell comfortably get double figures...great home start.

As for the game. Lad in front of me called it perfectly - it was a carbon copy of the shef u game last year. 1st half showed too much respect second half played with more confidence and won the game - and I know Colin made some great saves but their keeper pulled out a few worldies too and we could have had 2 or 3 more...

Well done millers and thank you Steve and the boys for a gr

kevthemaltbymiller
17-10-2014, 11:00 PM

think that was against swindon about 4 year ago.remember it well. think we lost 3-2 that game as well[/quote]

Thanks, thought it was Swindon but wasn't 100% sure so didn't want to look a tw@t if it was wrong.:D

millyTHEmiller
17-10-2014, 11:01 PM
derbyshire just seemed to be a yard off the pace,and a yard off revells flick ons or knock downs. not on same wavelength. feel sorry for him though cos ya can tell hes trying but it just aint happening for him and tbh i dont think it ever will

luvpud
17-10-2014, 11:40 PM
[quote="Ellis_D"]Absolutely fantastic win for the Millers! Superb performance by the lads, thoroughly deserved victory.

Frazer Richardson put in a superb performance against his old club, as did Paul Green.

And Alex Revell. What a player. First on the team sheet for me. Was everywhere again, wins so many balls for us. The Rotherham fans who knock him know sod all about football. Absolutely delighted for him to have got the goal too.

And one final thought. Tommaso Bianchi and Rodolph Austin. What a pair of dirty, cheating, diving bell ends they both are. They certainly suit dirty Leeds.

In your face Leeds. All the mouth you have given it. Saying it was our cup final, etc. We're just better than you. You're not famous anymore.

You came, yo

Ellis_D
17-10-2014, 11:54 PM

think that was against swindon about 4 year ago.remember it well. think we lost 3-2 that game as well[/quote]

Thanks, thought it was Swindon but wasn't 100% sure so didn't want to look a tw@t if it was wrong.:D[/quote]

I think it was his debut and he got both goals in a 3-2 defeat. I can remember thinking we had signed a striker who was going to score loads for us!

Ellis_D
17-10-2014, 11:56 PM
[quote="luvpud"]Absolutely fantastic win for the Millers! Superb performance by the lads, thoroughly deserved victory.

In your face Leeds. All the mouth you have given it. Saying it was our cup final, etc. We're just better than y

Lloydstreet
18-10-2014, 05:50 AM
We played ''too much long,hoofball'',first half says king Ronnie,he was right.Second half we played more football,with aggression and won the game.
Tells you all what brand of football we should be playing from the start.
For me,bad team selection from the start with Hall/Derbyshire.How Derbyshire gets a shirt,I'll never know.
Collin was superb,but he had to be as we backed off as usual when in front.
I watched it all online out here in BG and especially 2nd half the crowd noise was terrific.
Give yourself a pat on the back for shouting the lads on.
To SE,please get your selection right from the start,cos one day subs might not get us out of it.
Proud to be a Miller.

Lloyd

twinnyjoe
18-10-2014, 06:03 AM
I actually quite like derbyshire, he certainly needs a goal but he has good work rate, and has contributed to a few of our goals this season.
Last night Richardson and revell were both magnificent. What a finish from JCH raw talent

1960smiller
18-10-2014, 07:25 AM
It's funny how we all go to the game & see different things,well for me & nobody as mentioned that it was Taylor that changed the game for us.He holds the ball up so we can start to play instead of it coming straight back,he as that change of pace that gets him out of trouble.If you watch the last ten minutes they could not get the ball of him.Well done Taylor.Give him that free role behind the front two he will cause teams a lot of trouble.

Lloydstreet
18-10-2014, 07:34 AM
1960's..agree with you on Taylor,he would get the shirt in front of Derbyshire for me.I think playing Hall was a mistake as all he wanted to do was try too hard,he played Leeds instead of playing the game..he's just not there for me...we do all see the game different to each other,if we didn't it would be boring..

As long as we win

utm's

Lloyd

caytonmiller
18-10-2014, 09:23 AM
said it 2 year ago about Agard and again last season about Revell. Derbyshire will come good.

for a player to get into 4/5 scoring opportunity in each game hes started. tells me hes a decent player.
derbyshire is lacking confidence (we all know that)
would i start him vs fulham? yes
would i start hall. urrrm nope.

Mrpeace
18-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Taylor just needs an end product, that's why Pringle gets the nod on the left every time for me. Superb deliveries all night (apart from that one with his right!)

Taylor on the right suits for me, positive minded and because he can't cut inside and shoot he will be more effective, think that is the one place we could look to sign someone for.

We just gave them to much respect IMO in the first half, second half excellent.

kevthemaltbymiller
18-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Oooooooops how could I forget the one he scored in the play off semi at Preston as well :O :O

kevthemaltbymiller
18-10-2014, 10:14 AM
I actually quite like derbyshire, he certainly needs a goal but he has good work rate, and has contributed to a few of our goals this season.
Last night Richardson and revell were both magnificent. What a finish from JCH raw talent

As mentioned before it's strange how we see things differently, Re Derbyshire I think his work rate is pretty poor, he doesn't hold the ball up well and is to lightweight. As you say he is starting to get in some good positions. I really hope he can find some of the form that his pretty impressive stats suggest (1 goal per 3.5 game ratio) as I want all millers players to maximise their potential while being with us. Come on Matty boy it's time you showed us the quality we know you have. UTM

ScarboroughMiller
18-10-2014, 10:19 AM
It was Swindon away that Revs got a brace on his debut, two headers.

millavanilla
18-10-2014, 10:22 AM
I just hope we can sign taylor permanently when the time comes...bringing him on altered the game yesterday..very talented...

gwru
18-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Taylor got just over 2 months that's if he wants to stop here. Play him on the right, he gave us something last night. Hall & Brandy they haven't got long term contracts its hard but cut our losses and release them.

Derbyshire there's something there when he got that 1st half chance his 1st touch made it. But JCH has got the shirt. He's a powerful unit about same height as Revell. He could prove to be a better buy than Stevie May.

Steve Evans has got the midas touch Becchio injured. Don't think JCH would have got on otherwise. If Becchio has gone and there's money there for one player. What about Tavernier get him on loan while Jan agreeing terms for a transfer. He'll have 2 1/2 years left on his contract at Wigan. We pay him say 5 grand a week and Wigan pay him rest. If we got him Kempo's bet to finish in top half I'd make it odds on.

Jupjamie
18-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Think our strongest team picks itself at the moment. Hall was decent tracking back in the first half but never really got going attacking wise. Derbyshire had a better game than usual but he's still playing poorly and missed another decent chance last night. JCH and Taylor completely changed the game when they came on and both deserve a start.

IMO we should go with the same defence as always, with Pringle,Green,Frecklington and Taylor, and Revs upfront with JCH - those two look like they could form a great partnership.

Tough to leave out Smallwood but I think he can interchange with Green as and when needed - they're very similar players and both play at the same high standard so I don't think it really matters which one of them does start.

UTM!