PDA

View Full Version : Ings on his way in the Summer ?

FCBurnley
19-10-2014, 01:35 PM
According to Mail on Sunday and BBC , Danny Ings will see out his contract at Burnley and leave next summer to join one of a host of interested clubs.

I have no idea if this is correct but it might explain why Danny boy seems to have lost a lot of his passion for us. He is not exactly going through the motions but we are not seeing the Ings of last season. If he is going then let him go in January and lets move on. Either way we will not get full value for him but to be fair, he owes us nothing.

dsr
19-10-2014, 01:38 PM
1. I haven't seen this non-trying Ings you mention.

2. Most players in what the Americans call a "contract year" work harder, not take it easy. If Ings thinks he'll improve his contract position by being non-passionate and scoring fewer goals, he's wrong. I think he's brighter than that.

taio
19-10-2014, 01:38 PM
What makes you say he has lost his passion?

ClaretTony2014
19-10-2014, 01:41 PM
"I have no idea if this is correct but it might explain why Danny boy seems to have lost a lot of his passion for us."

That's nonsense. He might have scored yesterday but other than that, and given he's been out for a while, I thought he played really well yesterday and showed a lot of passion for the game.

Sad comment to see someone suggesting he's lost that passion. Nothing could be further from the truth.

IanMcL
19-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Very silly post!

Notrigsbyscat
19-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Thought we did this to death in the summer

lotty1
19-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Come on Roger you can do better than that surely . He certainly showed passion yesterday .

FCBurnley
19-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Just my opinion Ray. He has just not `looked up for it ` all season. Thought he did fine in the first half yesterday then faded. Maybe he is not 100% fit. Average mark on Clarets Mad ratings so far is 6.42 ( excluding the guy who gave everybody a 10). Plenty of fives and eights so divided opinion. I have said before that we and Ings in particular are missing Vokes. Hope I am wrong and he starts to play as we know he can.

lotty1
19-10-2014, 02:53 PM
He's certainly missing Vokes as are the whole team . We need a little luck as does every team but as it showed again today with QPR (thankfully) when you're down at the wrong end you don't get any .

I thought we played some excellent stuff yesterday and against a decent side 3-1 flattered them . Didn't think the Ings header was as bad as many have commented by the way .

FCBurnley
19-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Agree about the header, it was far from any easy chance. I think we are better than QPR and as good as Leicester . Sunderland have a lot of problems as well. Obviously it is going to be a long hard season but fingers crossed. I will watch Ings very carefully against Everton. Hopefully he will score a couple and make me eat loads of humble pie.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-10-2014, 03:22 PM
His heads gone. He wants away. Put him in the Development Squad. Strapping tin hat on...now!

JohnMcGreal
19-10-2014, 03:36 PM
People seem to be looking for clues in his performances to make out that Ings isn't committed to Burnley.

It's nonsense. His performances have actually been fairly decent.

The biggest clue regarding any potential lack of commitment is the glaringly obvious one: that he didnt, and won't sign a new contract with us.

If you're going question his commitment, don't do it by questioning his performances, because you'll look a bit silly.

I actually think Ings is committed, and will be while he's under contract with us.

BennyD
19-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Tbh, I didn't think he broke any plates yesterday and I wasn't surprised when he was taken off. Maybe he isn't fully fit but he looked a bit off the pace and if he doesn't start scoring soon, the host of interested clubs may start to diminish. Having said that, I'm looking forward to see whether he can rekindle his partnership with Sam and get back to being the player we all think, sorry know, he is.

AuntSally
19-10-2014, 07:34 PM
' According to Mail on Sunday and BBC , Danny Ings will see out his contract at Burnley and leave next summer to join one of a host of interested clubs'

Nobody has commented on how this has always been the most obvious, looking from the outside looking in.

We already know that he's seeing out his contract - OBVIOUS as he's not renewed. We know there will be a 'host of interested clubs' because he won't require any/a big transfer fee.

An utter worthless thread.

arise_sir_charge
19-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Any suggestions that Ings' performances have dipped as he wants away are quite frankly *******s!

He's moved up a level and had an injury hit start yet he still looks to be comfortably our most threatening player.

It's typical of Burnley fans to look for something that isn't actually there.

lotty1
19-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Couldn't agree more - nothing wrong with his performances .

tybfc
19-10-2014, 08:08 PM
I hope for the life of me he does not read this message board.

FCBurnley
19-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Clearly there are some on this board who do not understand the workings of Football clubs/players and especially transfers. IF and I repeat IF Danny Ings is leaving Burnley next summer then he will already have a good idea of where he is going and how much he will be getting paid.That is the job of an agent. Talks will have/be taking place and possibly provisional deals agreed. Bearing this in mind it is almost impossible for any footballer to give his all to the club he is leaving. That is not a criticism of the player it is simply human nature. Sadly Burnley and Danny Ings are just pawns in a much much bigger game.

nonayclaret
19-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Danny is trying his best for us. His "equaliser" header was only just wide; nearer than I thought until I saw MOTD (which incidentally was appalling on what it showed of us in the first half!). At Palace he was crying because he couldn't continue and he was just getting into his stride there.

Danny, injury permitting, will help us stay in this league. Don't knock him.

wickdkewlclaret
20-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Danny ings' potential is being stunted while playing in this team. I'm a believer in if you play with better players you develop yourself to the same standard. For his career, moving on should be an absolute must. Oh and he had a good game Saturday.

braindead
20-10-2014, 08:24 AM
I hope for the life of me he does not read this message board.

I hope for the life of me that a professional football player on several thousand pounds a week isn't precious enough to give a shiny ****e what people think about him on a messageboard.

BobLordsFridge
20-10-2014, 08:50 AM
It's in Ings' interests to do well this season.

The better he does, the fatter that signing on fee and contract at his new club next summer.

There's no way he's going to deliberately coast this season. He needs to prove he's worthy of the move he's probably got in mind for June.

the_quoon
20-10-2014, 08:59 AM
he's been playing fine this season, his effort levels certainly haven't dropped.

claretspice
20-10-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't think his effort levels have dropped particularly, but I think he's been trying too hard if anything at times and being a touch greedy. Not having any idea where he's playing his football next season, and treating this entire season as some sort of extended audition, can't help but serve as a distraction.

Ings is entitled to run his contract down by this, but its cynical and doesn't reflect well on him. I can't remember too many players who have taken a similar approach in the past, and even fewer who have decided to do so after having one fantastic season out of 3 for which their club has paid their wages. Currently, its helping no-one and I do think its damaging us a little.

Jamb0MackemClaret
20-10-2014, 12:30 PM
He's clearly not performing close to the best of his ability. You can't afford any distractions if you're going to perform at the top of your level and this contract business is certainly becoming one. The club has done extremely well to keep talk about it to a minimum but it was always going to be a very useful stick to beat Ings with this season.

Reality is he's only recently turned 22, it's his first season at this level and we already ask a lot of him, especially with Vokes injured. There's an awful lot of pressure on him through no fault of his own but the contract issue adds to that.

spunkybackpack21
20-10-2014, 12:33 PM
I thought he played ok on Saturday and, while not at his very best (understandably) was beginning to show flashes.

**** like the OP helps nothing. We need him more than ever.

PapaBendi
20-10-2014, 12:42 PM
totally agree with claretsspice and do not agree with what Ings is doing at all.

Alp12Mac
20-10-2014, 02:09 PM
I don't think Southampton need him nor the likes of Spurs or any other 'top half' club.

He may move on but he isn't going to be a first choice player unless it's with us or a newly promoted side.

I wish him well whatever he decides and wherever he moves, last season he gave us everything and owes us nothing.

Akinbadbye_20
20-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Our best and most threatening player on Saturday as he has been in every game he's played.
Me and a few others predicted these kind of comments starting early if he didn't sign his new deal.

Boliclaret
20-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Was finding his feet against Palace until the injury were he looked devastated when he went off. Showed against WHU what we've been missing and tired after a fairly long lay off.

Can't understand why people are questioning his commitment.

wickdkewlclaret I agree, If Juke stays onside before tapping in then Ings has an assist for the opening goal, like you said, better players better end result.

Claret_Russ
20-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Ings has been fine. He doesn't remotely come across as the kind of person or player who'll put in half hearted performances. In any case, not playing well is hardly going to do him any favours if he is trying to sell himself to other clubs.

Neither do I buy the 'distraction' argument. He's a footballer, while he's out on the pitch all he'll be doing is trying to score goals and win football matches, not considering what he can do in the next five minutes to impress Ronald Koeman or whoever.

Boliclaret
20-10-2014, 09:06 PM
There's no way he's going to deliberately coast this season.

In a Dyche team he certainly won't, and he hasn't.