PDA

View Full Version : 3 on the spin?

RawmarshMiller
27-10-2014, 08:51 AM
After repeatedly being told that the Championship is a huge step up, I have got to say I have yet to see a team that has seriously outclassed us. After watching the L2 to L1 transition, this one is beginning to look similar.

If, and its a big if, we can find some efficiency in front of goal and convert more of our chances, I truly believe we can be challenging at the right end of the table come May.

None of our players look out of their depth, I have not seen many better players this season than the ones wearing a red and white shirt.

If the big man can do some more astute signings, both on loan and in the transfer window, I truly believe the roller coaster will be heading back upwards.

My prediction, don't laugh, another play-off journey is on the cards...

hillsbmiller
27-10-2014, 09:04 AM
I totally agree with the players that got us from l2 added to the new signings in l1 and beginning of the season have begun blend and play and have made us a feared team I know a smoggy fan and they are not looking forward to playing us on saturday
survival would do top table finish ideal with an added bonus would be the truffle snufflers at swillsborough finishing below us or even better relegated. they can be massive in league one with the blunts

crashbang
27-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I think M'boro is a benchmark game.
For some reason it is the only one I have really been worried about. Really worried.
Hope I'm wrong.

gwru
27-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Watched highlights from sat on sky show you more. Quality crosses from Pringle for Bowery & Richardson for Revell in 1st half.

Sat will tell were we're going against Middlesbora. Need a left back in, this is championship.

dmentor
27-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Dont worry Crash,these player's will more than hold there own.

ida
27-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Agree to an extent with OP.

The team seem to be making progress in a similar fashion to last season, however, I think we have been outclassed a few times in terms of possession and movement. In terms of technical ability this league is a massive gap compared to league 2 to 1.

That being said SE has finally got the basic shape and tempo going and he can now start edging up the quality in certain areas.

Im not sure we can sustain a top 10 place this season due to the size/quality of squads, but I do think SE and little ol' Rotherham can make a play off spot over the next 2-3 seasons if SE and TS keep the status quo.

caytonmiller
27-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Agree to an extent with OP.

The team seem to be making progress in a similar fashion to last season, however, I think we have been outclassed a few times in terms of possession and movement. In terms of technical ability this league is a massive gap compared to league 2 to 1.

That being said SE has finally got the basic shape and tempo going and he can now start edging up the quality in certain areas.

Im not sure we can sustain a top 10 place this season due to the size/quality of squads, but I do think SE and little ol' Rotherham can make a play off spot over the next 2-3 seasons if SE and TS keep the status quo.

agree with this. wolves gave us a torrid time all over the pitch. from the rest watford are higher than the NYS showing would suggest.. mid table finish for sure with what we have, a couple of good loan signing and playoff are possible