PDA

View Full Version : Taylor's lack of discipline.

the_idiotb_stardson
01-11-2014, 05:57 PM
i am not a fan...give him his due he changed the game against Leeds... but his lack of discipline and awareness is a real problem.

We need players to get rid of the ball early but Taylor wants a hundred touches before he gets rid. His selfishness is costing us big time.

We can't blame Evans and Raynor for poor coaching of Taylor either. They were bellowing at him to dispatch the ball early instead of hogging it.

It's time to drop him. He is not a team player.

No complaints about the result today. They were better than us. Their number 33 Yanic Wildschutt was the best player I have seen at NYS. Everytime he got the ball he was in space. Top drawer.

Positives: we kept trying and played it out from the back and didn't revert to hoofing it upfront.

Smallwood was sublime. Can we really leave him out?

niamh999
01-11-2014, 06:08 PM
At least taylor keeps the ball and takes the pressure of us and he tries to play football , leave him out and well keep hoofing up field constantly . Theres worse performers than taylor in my opinion . You cant drop green or frecklington for smallwood at the minute

villamiller
01-11-2014, 06:10 PM
at least 47 times we hoofed it up front ...do you go to the games ibs ? ;D ;D

the_idiotb_stardson
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Yes and I watch the game sober and don't need a gallon of ale in Bluecoats beforehand.

ghost_of_dusty_m
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
At least taylor keeps the ball and takes the pressure of us and he tries to play football , leave him out and well keep hoofing up field constantly . Theres worse performers than taylor in my opinion . You cant drop green or frecklington for smallwood at the minute

Yes you can - you pick the side that will perform the best against to opposition. Green hasn't been sparking last couple of games - I expected to see Smallwood in the starting 11 and was suprised when he wasn't...

the_idiotb_stardson
01-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Taylor was awful for 3 games before being left out. He played well against Leeds when he came on and played for his place but now he is back in...he has reverted to his usual greedy , selfish ways.

He has no intelligence.

Brin
01-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Yes you can - you pick the side that will perform the best against to opposition. Green hasn't been sparking last couple of games - I expected to see Smallwood in the starting 11 and was suprised when he wasn't...[/quote]

To me Green never stopped today...Frecks gave up at half time...there's the midfield weak link today...I commented in the second half how Green was still full of it and ran and ran...Frecks' body posture playing too deep and general not he same Frecks we all know told me he needs a rest so get Smallwood back in at his expense...

villamiller
01-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Yes and I watch the game sober and don't need a gallon of ale in Bluecoats beforehand.
who says we have a gallon of beer beforehand ? my point is we kept on with the hoof ball when revs was took off ,and boy didn't it show how much we miss revs ...bad day at the office from everyone me thinks ..we will get over it (remember swindon at home last season)...onwards and upwards ;D ;D ;D

the_idiotb_stardson
01-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Villa, I was proud of how we kept going and didn't collapse. It could have been 5 or 6 today. We were still in the game even though we were outclassed.If Derbyshire had put that one away...we could have had an interesting finale.

gm_gm
01-11-2014, 06:29 PM
at least 47 times we hoofed it up front ...do you go to the games ibs ? ;D ;D

We hoofed it a hell of lot today villa.

Which game did you attend today IBS

villamiller
01-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Villa, I was proud of how we kept going and didn't collapse. It could have been 5 or 6 today. We were still in the game even though we were outclassed.If Derbyshire had put that one away...we could have had an interesting finale.
i do agree with that ;D

collecting
01-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Frecklington was poor today and showed he is league 1 at best.
Green mistake gave them the first goal.

It all changed on Revells injury and Bowerys sending off so no sound conclusions to be drawn.
First 15 minutes we had win written all over us then luck and ref stepped in.

Barnsley_Miller
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM
who says we have a gallon of beer beforehand ? my point is we kept on with the hoof ball when revs was took off ,and boy didn't it show how much we miss revs ...bad day at the office from everyone me thinks ..we will get over it (remember swindon at home last season)...onwards and upwards ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

A Gallon of Beer? What does he think we are? Lightweights? XD

the_idiotb_stardson
01-11-2014, 06:53 PM

Taylor has ability but no brains. i have lost count of how many times the bench bellow at him for hanging on to the ball too long.

He might hold the ball up but that's no good when we want to counter at speed.

I think the reason Mcarthy didn't play him is becoming crystal clear.

loyalmiller
01-11-2014, 07:09 PM
I like Taylor and think he adds something to the team but today he looked very lightweight and easily pushed off the ball.

Bloody annoying when you see players with the skill and talent I wished I was born with and then not using it!

gm_gm
01-11-2014, 07:13 PM
He's a frustrating player, on his day he's a match winner, no a bad day he's a liability.

Barnsley_Miller
01-11-2014, 07:16 PM
If he was C*ck on every game he wouldnt be here on loan with us!

gm_gm
01-11-2014, 08:04 PM
If he was C*ck on every game he wouldnt be here on loan with us!

Very true

LRmiller
01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
But as is becoming the norm, he didn't

gazmadmiller
01-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Villa, i counted 1, count em, 1 ball that wasnt hoofed up front, we gotta mix it, there is a time when u get rid wherever but every ball ???? teams payin us know exactly what t do when we have the ball, mark the hell outta Revell, if he's not on the park, mark the hell outta who ever is furthest forward. Its blatently school boy at best conference tactics !!

the_idiotb_stardson
01-11-2014, 09:02 PM
We had ten men. We are not going to one-two our way up the park.

Hoofing is aimless...we didn't do that today...we looked for our man and played long passes. The back 4 in particular made some very intricate passing moves today.

redhouse
01-11-2014, 09:16 PM

Hoofing is aimless...we didn't do that today...we looked for our man and played long passes. The back 4 in particular made some very intricate passing moves today.

Agreed I thought we played some good football second half

Good tactics with ten men IMO I for one stayed till the final whistle to applaud the players commitment

millmoormagic
01-11-2014, 09:25 PM

Agreed I thought we played some good football second half

Good tactics with ten men IMO I for one stayed till the final whistle to applaud the players commitment[/quote]

Me too, and those knocking Frecks...have a word with yersens...

millertop
01-11-2014, 09:27 PM
We did hoof ball it.
Frecks did have a crap game.
Taylor wasn't too bad.

loyalmiller
01-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Funny how we all watch the same match and all have totally different opinions!

For the record, in my opinion we didn't play hoof ball today we worked it from the back with the occasional long searching pass.

No-one plays hoof ball with 10 men. Get real!

caytonmiller
01-11-2014, 10:09 PM
imo we did a mix of both. when taylor went off richardson had no out option so he went to long ball. my pops is a taylor fan. after 15 minutes today he said get him off. hes not interested (his words)

all tried today and were outplayed by a far better team. reminds me of Swindon last season. chalk it off and move on

redhouse
01-11-2014, 10:33 PM
imo we did a mix of both. when taylor went off richardson had no out option so he went to long ball. my pops is a taylor fan. after 15 minutes today he said get him off. hes not interested (his words)

all tried today and were outplayed by a far better team. reminds me of Swindon last season. chalk it off and move on

There is a difference though mate between long ball and hoof ball

caytonmiller
01-11-2014, 11:33 PM

There is a difference though mate between long ball and hoof ball[/quote]

i dont see any difference. you either play the ball out of defense on the floor or it goes over the top.
whatever you call it (hoof or long) today wrong decisions were made

loyalmiller
01-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Hoofing is hitting into the general area and hoping someone might get on the end of it.

Long passes is seeing a player in space at the far end of the pitch and picking him out with a pin point pass.

World of difference!

Ellis_D
02-11-2014, 01:59 AM

Whilst I agree with everything in this post, you must be blind or not have gone to the game if you didn't see the amount of long balls today. For the record, I never drank a gallon of lager or any other alcohol in any pub or otherwise as I went with my two young daughters, so I was completely sober.

But I don't mind certain long balls; Revell is an excellent outlet when we do this. However, when he went off and then Bowery got sent off, we continued with this style of play to Clarke-Harris. Who, fair play to the lad, did well, he won a few balls he had no right to win. But then he flicked it on to no-one. It was pointless.

Ellis_D
02-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Frecklington was poor today and showed he is league 1 at best.
Green mistake gave them the first goal.

It all changed on Revells injury and Bowerys sending off so no sound conclusions to be drawn.
First 15 minutes we had win written all over us then luck and ref stepped in.

Deluded, absolutely deluded. Boro were slightly the better team, then went 1-0 up in the 8th minute. How does that tie in to the "First 15 minutes we had win written all over us"????

Then they p!ssed on us, deservedly went 2-0 up. Then just toyed with us.

The sending off made no difference. We played better with ten men, but still rarely threatened, 4 shots and 1 on target in the 90 mins says it all.

Boro easily deserved 3 points, sending off or not.

BUT I am still positive. That's the best team to come to NYS this year, and we will be alright this season, we won't go down and we can build on this season.

caytonmiller
02-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Hoofing is hitting into the general area and hoping someone might get on the end of it.

Long passes is seeing a player in space at the far end of the pitch and picking him out with a pin point pass.

World of difference!

ok, by your description imo we played hoof ball all day.

the_idiotb_stardson
08-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Evident once again today.

He did admittedly hold the ball up and make some probing runs but sometimes you have got to play it first time.

Use your brains lad and lay it off first time, once in a while,

Very frustrating.

loyalmiller
09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Spot on, IBS. Reminds me of Andy Monkhouse, bags of talent but frustrates the hell out of me with the thoughtless final ball, if there is a final ball that is!

Take yesterday 30 seconds of injury time left and he's got the ball just outside the box, crying to be put in the box. What does he do? Try and go round the two defenders, loses possession and it's full time. I was so angry I nearly threw up!

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
09-11-2014, 09:10 PM
The more I see of him, the more I don't like.

S8_Miller
09-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Afraid he was awful yesterday - every time he had the ball in a good position, he made the wrong choice. Which is not a good trait for a professional footballer.

gm_gm
10-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Afraid he was awful yesterday - every time he had the ball in a good position, he made the wrong choice. Which is not a good trait for a professional footballer.

It wasnt just the pigs game hes done it in most games.

He has so much skill but fails in his application

royalfunkness
10-11-2014, 08:11 AM
The game was crying out for a change and bringing on JCH or Bowery to attack that flank.

Taylor was out paced and out muscled all day. JCH and or Bowery would not have been.

Thought we started poorly today but were stronger for the final 60 minutes of the game

millavanilla
10-11-2014, 11:56 AM
You do this for reaction dont you...you know, like kempo does, fishing...you really cant be serious...are you ? no, please tell me youre not...if you are, im going to give in..(head hits wall)(head hits wall again)(and again)...

millertop
10-11-2014, 12:40 PM
I like Taylor

ColinRUFC
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
I like Taylor as well. He gives us options that we otherwise don't have in the team.

But...

There are times when you can have too much of that option. Times when it's not working for the player, and if I'm honest I'm not convinced Taylor has it within his game to play the simple pass and move football.

So...

In those games when it's not working for Taylor, surely it's the manager's job to see this and try something different?

the_idiotb_stardson
22-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Can anyone seriously question my view on Taylor now?

He actually had a hissy fit while he was playing.

He broke out of midfield on 3 occasions and through sheer greed and lack of awareness lost possession.

The Millers fans rightly gave him some stick.

The next time he gets the ball he, in a fit of petulance, he launches the ball upfield.

Well Paul there is a middle ground between greedy pointless dribble and the long ball and if you need someone to point out what that is you need to find another job.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
22-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Totally with you IBS.

I liken him to a expert trick shot snooker player, who cannot play the actual game.

gm_gm
22-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Totally with you IBS.

I liken him to a expert trick shot snooker player, who cannot play the actual game.

Agree Amanda... He flatters to deceive. He gets in goal scoring positions and fluffs...can see why McCarthy doesn't fancy him

Derbymiller
22-11-2014, 07:16 PM
he was very poor first half

luvpud
22-11-2014, 08:29 PM
I
I wished I'd had a gallon of ale before the game , might just have numbed the pain of that inept display .

redhouse
22-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Can anyone seriously question my view on Taylor now?

He actually had a hissy fit while he was playing.

He broke out of midfield on 3 occasions and through sheer greed and lack of awareness lost possession.

The Millers fans rightly gave him some stick.

The next time he gets the ball he, in a fit of petulance, he launches the ball upfield.

Well Paul there is a middle ground between greedy pointless dribble and the long ball and if you need someone to point out what that is you need to find another job.

I got the impression today that he does not like playing as he is asked to do can see him going as soon as

millavanilla
23-11-2014, 06:26 AM
Amazing really, taylors so far in front thinking that no one else sees it...not even the fans..there was no one there today making runs...he was left in no mans land on three or four occasions...so evans takes him off...for another inept signing..

one_a_day
23-11-2014, 08:43 AM
I've said it for a long time. Send him and Wordsworth back ASAP.

Very skillful player but no end product. He holds on to the ball far too long and then loses it.

GingaMilla
23-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Can see both of them going back when their loans end. Going to be a lot of movement in January.