PDA

View Full Version : Leeds

amex
07-11-2014, 01:37 PM
It just gets better
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29953640 - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29953640)

realistblue
07-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't get over excited, no way are the courts going to wind the club up over a hundred and fifty grand debt owed by a previous regime!

On the plus side I hear Stephen Reid may be fit for you tomorrow.

amex
07-11-2014, 01:54 PM
I think it just goes to show how well our club is being run.

leedsdave
07-11-2014, 01:56 PM
"On the plus side I hear Stephen Reid may be fit for you tomorrow."

And the significance of that is...??

realistblue
07-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Irony mate, putting this non story that a Burnley fan has ****ed off over into some sort of context.

BennyD
07-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately for you lot, it does seem to be in context; car4p on the pitch and cr4p off the pitch. IIRC, Cellino still has the doubts regarding him being an unfit owner hanging over him, managers entering through a non-stop revolving door and now this. It all adds up to Leeds being a poorly run joke of a club. Sure, you won't get wound up over this but it shows the lengths your creditors have to go to to get their money back. We, on the other hand, are a prudent and well run club but we still have to suffer t0ssers like you lot coming on here telling us how to run the club.

realistblue
07-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Tossed is a bit harsh, still we all have our own opinion, the opinion of Leeds fans is that Cellino is a far better bet than what's gone in the last ten years, sure he's a bit nuts but I suspect he'll come good in the end.

BennyD
07-11-2014, 07:35 PM
...but if he doesn't, IMO, you are f***ed. However, you are correct about us all having an opinion, so why not post yours on your own board?

claretant123
07-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Hang on, as disliked as Bates was/is...

didn't he stop the club from plummeting down the leagues faster than Jimmy Savile's hands at a girl guide convention?

realistblue
07-11-2014, 07:54 PM
No, he's a crook end of.

realistblue
07-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Benny, exercise your right of reply, and just don't if it bothers you that much.

BennyD
07-11-2014, 08:01 PM
It's not my right to reply that bothers me, it's yours.

mkmel
07-11-2014, 08:03 PM
No, he's a crook end of.

Are you talking about Cellino,Bates or both?

realistblue
07-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Well one is convicted and one isn't, I'll take the convict any day of the week.

roseylee
07-11-2014, 08:29 PM
burnley a well run club. :D its well run for the chairmen and the directors, not for the fans. ;D

listen benny d, burnley are going down this season, quicker than a prossies knickers. :D

BennyD
07-11-2014, 08:34 PM
listen benny d, burnley are going down this season, quicker than a prossies knickers.

An experience you are no doubt familiar with. However, you might be right; we do have more chance of playing Championship football next year than you have.

roseylee
07-11-2014, 11:35 PM
benny d, you are totally deluded, when you get relegated, do you honestly think you will have the same team. :D

it will be dismantled, your better players will disappear for more money elsewhere. your board have proved they aint got the balls to spend money in the premier league, thats why you are going down. they wont come straight back up, because the exact same thing will happen all over again. :D

you are a championship club at best and thats all you ever will be sunshine. :D

enola_gay
07-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Tossed is a bit harsh, still we all have our own opinion, the opinion of Leeds fans is that Cellino is a far better bet than what's gone in the last ten years, sure he's a bit nuts but I suspect he'll come good in the end.

And at the risk of sounding nasty realistblue, that's about as faint as praise gets :-)

"Yay, he's not Ken Bates !" Erm...

roseylee
08-11-2014, 12:05 AM
cellino is a top bloke, forget the media bull****, he puts his money where it matters, he aint putting it in the bradford and bingley for a rainy day, like them tossers at burnley are doing. :D

enjoy your parachute payments when burnley drop like a brick, because half of that money will disappear into thin air, be warned. :D

RhodesyClaret
08-11-2014, 01:53 AM
"you are a championship club at best and thats all you ever will be sunshine."

So is Leeds a Championship team as well?

For such a 'big club'...our "championship" team has had the opportunity to laugh at Leeds for at least 10 years...10 years!!!...not a few years...but 10 years!!

I can only put it down to school-girl jealously...bless his cotton socks! :)

I wonder if this idiot ever has time to post on the Leeds forum.

Darthlaw
08-11-2014, 07:25 AM
"you are a championship club at best and thats all you ever will be sunshine. "

Hate to point this out but we're actually a PREMIER LEAGUE club. Right now. As I'm typing this.

Bless you and your goldfish memory though.

Speaking of a bad memory, mine is a little fuzzy - was it even called the Premier League last time you were in it Rosey? I'm struggling because it's been that long since you were up here with the big boys...

Supersub6
08-11-2014, 07:39 AM
rosey --a question.
Why would our directors put money in the Bradford and Bingley when we have our own Bank of Dave?

I see that Wigan did you a favour last night by managing to score a goal thus stopping you form droping further down the Championsip table. Never mind, you may get a point today if you're lucky.

merlin1
08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Why are people from Leeds such chimps? The mighty Leeds, which they are not, are struggling in the Championship and they have the nerve to come on others websites and have a go. Then they have to put a smiley at the end of every sentence like a ten year old kid.

I know a few Leeds fans down in Cornwall and they are awfully quiet these days. Which is nice because to listen to a Yorkshireman droning on is a punishment that I wouldn't wish on anybody...apart from a Yorkshireman and G. Boycott.

lotty1
08-11-2014, 08:41 AM
I don't have a problem with fans of any club coming on here for the purpose of debate . What does annoy is the goon Rosylee and JordanRhodes12 love who never at any stage even attempt anything other than a wind up .

If any of us went on their boards with the same attitude we'd be banned very quickly so why the mods haven't banned these 2 numpties is a mystery especially when you think about posts being removed for little or no reason .

If they want to come on here and have debate with the occasional banter then fine but neither of them do . I'm not the 1st to point this out either .

BennyD
08-11-2014, 09:22 AM
cellino is a top bloke, forget the media bull****, he puts his money where it matters, he aint putting it in the bradford and bingley for a rainy day, like them tossers at burnley are doing.

Cellino is a convicted crook so I'm not surprised Leeds fans have an affinity with him. However, he is turning your 'massive' club into a massive joke, up there alongside Blackpool. He has built his reputation on sacking managers without giving them a chance; if results don't go his way, they are out. The guy is a complete, ocean-going, fur lined ****wit and the only 'people' who can't see it are Leeds fans. Take a look Rustypee, a team full of Italian also-rans, struggling 2 points above the relegation zone in the Championship. You might not realise it but you are already in a relegation battle with an idiot in charge. We are in a relegation battle as well, but I'd much rather be where we are than where you are because when he gets sick of spunking money in a black hole, at the wrong end of the

realistblue
08-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Back again Benny lad, too hard to stay away eh? Tell me, assuming your speaking to me that is what are your views on your club at this time? I'm interested as I read on here about the genius that is Sean Dyche, what will it take for your board to get jittery and trigger him? Obviously I'm after your opinion as I don't think you are on the board so cannot offer a definitive answer.

My opinion for what it's worth is Mr Dyche got extremely lucky last year with a style of play that for some reason a lot of clubs seemed to struggle with, almost a throw back, you took 6 points off Leeds but there was little or nothing in either game, that suggests an element of luck, you also suffered relatively few injuries, admittedly that has turned round for you this season and could be used to flip the argument.

Dyche has a problem looming, if as most of you on here seem to think he is a top manager (despite the creeping in of dissenting voices) then how long does he stay with Burnley before his sto

Rileybobs
08-11-2014, 11:06 AM
I find it amusing that Leeds fans come across so arrogant even when they're not trying to.

BennyD
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Too hard to stay away? I'm a Burnley fan on a Burnley board and you aren't so that says more about you than me. FWiW and IMO, your opinion, biased as it is towards Leeds and against us, is worth diddely**** on here. To suggest we were lucky to 'double' you last season is bordering on blind arrogance as we beat you fair and square, twice. We did so because SD marshalled his troops in such a way as to make them nearly unbeatable. That came about because of team spirit, something you won't get at Leeds because of the feeling that everything is temporary and the manager is there, but for how long? Obviously the subtleties of leadership are lost on you because it's so long since you've had any at Bellend Road. Also IMO, the aforementioned leadership ensures that SD will not be sacked whatever happens this season. If he goes he will do so because he wants too and if he does, he will have our blessing as he has progressed this team beyond all our expectations. It must hurt you so much that we

roseylee
08-11-2014, 12:49 PM
benny d, leeds have beaten burnley more times than you have had hot dinners, try looking at our head to head meetings, and see who as won most times. ;D

and as for been in the premier league twice, since leeds came down, you will be doing exactly the same as last time, coming straight back down, simply because you aint big or good enough to stay up there. :D

RationalHumanist
08-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Pretty sure half the population won't mind, they all follow another sport don't they?

stevie_thunder
08-11-2014, 01:07 PM
"cellino is a top bloke, forget the media bull****, he puts his money where it matters"

Well he's certainly brought players (and managers in) but very few of these have any kind of experience at English Championsip standard. Whether that constitutes putting his "money where it matters" is debatable.

And he's clearly not paid of Leeds' debts as has been claimed.

I suspect rusty's "top man" assessment is based on him falling for the sitting with the fans populist schtick.

And rusty, if you feel the need to respond, there is no need to include any of the following as I think we're all aware of your views on these:

Burnley are getting relegated
Your best players will leave when you're relegated.
Dyche will leave
The board is lining their pockets
Leeds will get promoted and take the Premiership by storm

Instead, I'd love to know what you think makes Cellino so great

realistblue
08-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Benny, you sound like a bit of a chimp with your keyboard insults, some decent posters on here with opinions over and above their own club, as you consistently prove. I did get lulled into having a pop at a poster on here about him shagging his sister, but then as a "guest" I though better of it and apologised.

I suggest you were lucky against us last year as that's exactly what you were, especially at TM. Read back on some of your own posters if you doubt that, of course you may be totally blind to any other achievements bar your own. Fair do's you pays your money and takes your choice.

The team spirit you mention will be ok now Redfearn is back in charge, he is playing our youth which is something I have been preying for for the last couple of seasons, perhaps you mean the team spirit that precludes your star man signing a new contract?

Dyche may go or may stay, I commented as his situation is topical to my OP which was about your board of directors, he has indeed made the best of

BennyD
08-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I suggest you were lucky against us last year as that's exactly what you were, especially at TM. Read back on some of your own posters if you doubt that, of course you may be totally blind to any other achievements bar your own...

...what 'achievements' am I blind to? Losing to us twice? Unlike you, I fully appreciate that my team isn't the biggest or the best and that we are unlikely ever to compete with the 'big 5'.

The team spirit you mention will be ok now Redfearn is back in charge, he is playing our youth which is something I have been preying for for the last couple of seasons, perhaps you mean the team spirit that precludes your star man signing a new contract?

...he's entitled not to sign a new contract. However, he gave his all last season and he's doing much the same this season. Don't confuse teamwork, or team spirit, with financial betterment.

Dyche may go or may stay, I commented as his situation is topical to my OP which was about your board of directors, he has inde

merlin1
08-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Lucky? Wow we did well to get promoted on luck. You are lucky to still be in existence, or do I mean it's criminal that you are still in existence?

mkmel
08-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Everyone & I mean everyone has said that we fully deserved automatic promotion & no mention of luck apart from our resident Leeds clowns

realistblue
08-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Are you three blind? I said Burnley went up on merit, merit being that in my opinion they deserved to do so. Absolutely no problem with that, I said that they had a degree of luck to do so, I also said that luck appears to have deserted you this season, hardly partisan.

Enjoy your evening, I will do so even though work calls.

stevie_thunder
08-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Realistblue, post 26:

"My opinion for what it's worth is Mr Dyche got extremely lucky last year with a style of play that for some reason a lot of clubs seemed to struggle with, almost a throw back, you took 6 points off Leeds but there was little or nothing in either game, that suggests an element of luck, you also suffered relatively few injuries, admittedly that has turned round for you this season and could be used to flip the argument."

At which point have you said we went up on merit there?

HatfieldClaret
08-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Rosie darling, history is just that. History.

So pucker up, wipe off the smudged mascara and just enjoy the lower leagues where you will get the occasional win.

:D

RhodesyClaret
09-11-2014, 01:19 AM
It's as simple as this...if any Leeds fan thinks he/she can come onto our BFC forum and slag off our team and/our board they seriously need a reality check...what a joke Leeds have been for many, many, many years!

If somebody offered you the option to be PAID to be a fan of Leeds or Burnley FC...there's only one choice!

Did Leeds win today??...bugger...that means our Leeds followers will feel they can carry on using our forum to bull themselves up!

realistblue
09-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Stevie,

You are absolutely correct I didn't mention your promotion on post 26, or more specifically it's merits, but the post wasn't about that, I offered an opinion about the luck you had RE: styles of play and injuries to make a different point, I think I cleared it up in a later post and stated your promotion was merited. A point that seems to have escaped a couple of later posters, it's almost as if they are looking to be offended, of course they may have had a celebratory shandy or ten and their opinions are skewed slightly. For the record I was gauging opinion on your board to which Benny replied, despite his childish terms he said his bit which surely is what a forum is for, it would be fairly benign if everybody agreed all the time.

Enjoy your re-run of MOTD.

BennyD
09-11-2014, 08:37 AM
I find that using appropriate terms for the person I am addressing helps their understanding of the point I am trying to make. In your case, childish seems appropriate. Good win for you yesterday, victors in the battle of crazy megalomaniacs. Btw, I watched our MoTD rerun and, guess what, we won again.

NUMANdroid
09-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I must admit to finding the constant stream of laughable hypocrisy and over-flowing arrogance good for a chuckle, but do we need to keep starting new threads on this Yorkshire Pudding of a football club?

AuntSally
09-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Who remembers the game between Burnley & Leeds the other season when the referee was from York!

And guess what? Yep, he was as biased in favour to Leeds as was humanly possible without him getting sacked by the FA and forced to go to non-league.

I think that's one of the only times they've won over the last few seasons. I hope they go into admin and demoted to the Conference.

BennyD
09-11-2014, 09:30 AM
To be fair, in recent years up until November 2012 we haven't had a good run against Leeds. My late sons best friend is a Leeds fan and my son took years of cr4p from him every time we played. We went to watch them in the last friendly before our first Premier season and we lost again, 3-2 IIRC. The tide turned on 6 Nov 2012 when we beat them 1-0. That was the day of my sons funeral and even his mate said it was a pity my son couldn't get his own back. Since then it has been more in our favour and last season we doubled them for the first time in a long time. However, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

pearcey
09-11-2014, 09:36 AM
I can't help but think of the Brittas Empire when Leeds are mentioned.

thewellernut70
09-11-2014, 01:03 PM
In response to post 32

The teams mentioned didn't make a return to the top flight after relegation, hence dropping further down the leagues ( out of interest have Leeds returned to the top flight since relegation from it? )

Also mentioned by the same poster earlier that Burnley "got lucky" last season because teams struggled to work us out. For a team that gained 90+ ( one of the highest points totals for a team that finished 2nd in the championship ) and lost only 5 league games suggests that either there were a hell of a lot of sh1t managers out there or in Dyche we have on our hands a bit of a gem ( and one Leeds City could only dream of employing).II prefer to go with the latter B)

realistblue
09-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Our record against Burnley of late hasn't been that bad, I seem to recall us getting the odd late winner or two, biased refs aside!

Wellernut: your right about the other teams mentioned, none of them returned, and in some cases especially Bradford that was due to outrageous spending, a thing I know a little bit about! Which was the point of my contribution to this thread.

Bennys posts proves there's more to life than football so I'll leave it at that.

Regards

BennyD
09-11-2014, 03:45 PM
... there's more to life than football so I'll leave it at that.

At last, something we agree on!

Regards.