PDA

View Full Version : Club Shop Improvements

ClaretTony2014
28-11-2014, 08:24 PM
As you will know I've been very critical of the club shop in the last couple of years or so, believing it has turned into something like a cheap tat bizarre.

I went in today to get some Spurs tickets and was very surprised at the improvements. They've done some work creating new shelving in front of the two windows and generally made the whole place look much neater and tidier. You can actually find things now.

Stan would tell us that one swallow doesn't make a summer and we don't suddenly have an outstanding club shop but it is a small step in the right direction.

Well done to those concerned.

ClaretSi
28-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Mr Baldwin starting to put his stamp on things most probably. Good news.

ets
28-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I was in their today too. Big improvement on previous. Still need more stock though, as they didn't have my size left in one item I wanted, but luckily had one left of the one I chose instead.

Can only get better I'm sure.

Good luck BFC

Bin_Ont_Turf
28-11-2014, 08:36 PM
'Mr Baldwin starting to put his stamp on things most probably'

Folk like Garfunkal are waiting for 100 season tickets or League 2 football, whichever comes first.

Rileybobs
28-11-2014, 08:41 PM
What colour are the beach towels?

ets
28-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Can't see there being much left for the sales E O January this time round especially dressing gowns and slippers LOL

Good effort for Black Friday. But there wasn't mass hysteria down at the Turf shop today. They got to start somewhere I suppose.

See if they beat this with thier Boxing Day Sales?

Like I said, good luck BFC, but don't leave things till it's too late FGS :/

Elliot4England
28-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Or maybe the new club shop store manager has made lots of improvements.

ClaretTony2014
28-11-2014, 08:54 PM
"Mr Baldwin starting to put his stamp on things most probably."

Looks like it to me.

As I said, one swallow doesn't make a summer and neither was Rome built in a day, but it just looked so much better than I've seen it in a long time.

As for the stock, that will surely take time to get sorted but if we are heading in the right direction then that's good news.

ets
28-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Totally agree with you CT!

Just wished they grasped the nettle a bit quicker than they have sometimes :blue:

Big improvement definitely.

Claret_Till_I_Die
29-11-2014, 09:12 AM
A strange type of tat CT ?

ClaretTony2014
29-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Cheap tat - like a cheap market stall full of cheap t-shirts.

Claret_Till_I_Die
29-11-2014, 09:20 AM
A bizarre type of bazaar then...

waterclaret
29-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Just noticed post earlier on about beach towels , think its 7 years plus since we last sold Burnley beach towels in Claret and Blue last one i bought still has old badge on.
Currently only selling black ones this season which have run out.

ClaretTony2014
29-11-2014, 09:37 AM
The bloke responsible for the buying was obsessed with black and gold and tried to get the away kit in those colours. He said he wanted the club shop to move away from claret and blue apparently.

barry_chuckle
29-11-2014, 10:49 AM
It will take more than a few shelves to improve the Club shop.
Improving the quality of the goods would be a step forward, no point adding shelves if its the same "tat" they put on them!

ets
29-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Nothing like promoting the clubs colours! Clueless twit.

Was he from the Black Country or something like?

We should be promo'ing Claret and Blue through and through especially when we are selling our branded goods :s

ralph8
29-11-2014, 10:51 AM
On another point of colours, whilst driving past the Bob Lord reception did I see a blue and white christmas tree on view. A better choice of colours maybe.

ClaretTony2014
29-11-2014, 11:20 AM
"It will take more than a few shelves to improve the Club shop.
Improving the quality of the goods would be a step forward, no point adding shelves if its the same "tat" they put on them!"

Of course it will but the stuff in now and coming in will have been ordered months ago. It will take time but we've got the first step right by improving the look.

claretclaret111
29-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Does anyone from the Commercial department travel to away games and look at what other clubs are doing? My view is that Puma merchandise in general is not as good and this will hopefully be looked at when it can be

ClaretTony2014
29-11-2014, 04:58 PM
"Does anyone from the Commercial department travel to away games and look at what other clubs are doing?"

Can confirm that the new man has visited some other clubs in the last two weeks looking at what they do well compared to what we are doing badly. It is the Christmas rush coming up but give it time and things will improve.

claretclaret111
29-11-2014, 05:03 PM
cheers for that- it is just so frustrating seeing stock in other club shops that you know you would buy if it was Burnley related. Do you know how long Puma contract is for?

waterclaret
29-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Been in today and they now stock Claret and Blue beach towels.
Looked decent and at 20 i think there all inclusive.;D

claretbucky1978
29-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I was in today for a training top but they didnt have it in my size.

They told me that they would be no more puma stock.

They also told me the new kit manufacturer will be announced next week.