PDA

View Full Version : rampant Burnley to conquer other Citadels

davemanu2000
29-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Before Burnley registered their two successive wins ,it seemed to me that they were buried in the abyss of despair and desolation . There was a certain degree of inferiority complex that had shaded the players .It was not their fault as they badly needed adaptation to new upwards conditions prevalent in the Premier League .It was very apparent that the majority of big city clubs were spending a fabulous amount of money on new players emanating from other continents and thus reshaping them to stand stronger .
After playing some matches the players gradually regained their senses that they were not swimming in the lagoon of lower divisions but were in the mid of the ocean where they have to battle against the rough and tough waves blown by established clubs and not to forget the sharks which were all the time rampant.
The back to back two wins gave them the necessary impetus that they have grown up and prepared to challenge any of them .Hats off also to Sean Dyche who is known as a

Toby1
29-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Well put Dave and echoed by many on here I suspect. They really have played very confidently in the last two games and thoroughly deserved those two wins.

Lets hope they can continue that today.

Turfiteclaret
29-11-2014, 06:59 AM
We have not had "back to back two wins" that would be four in a row. Still we may have by 10pm Tuesday. UTC.

HatfieldClaret
29-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Pure poetry Dave. Far more eloquent than some who post on here who have English as a 1st language, not a 4th language...

If we roll over a rudderless Aston Villa, that's 3 in a row. Draw or win midweek to Newcastle leaving Harry panicking at QPR next Saturday. Blimey, we could be mid-table in a weeks time.

Hell of a big IF though.

Soon Dave, people will be walking along the beach wearing an Aston Villa shirt and the waiter will say, "Is that Burnley ?"

davemanu2000
29-11-2014, 09:47 AM
You still remember the funny episode at Ile aux Cerfs ,Mauritius when one hotel employee mistook me as an Aston Villa fan .The colours of both clubs are identical .I think Brnley became Claret in1920 as proposed by a lady member .

dougcollins
29-11-2014, 10:06 AM
in the days of generic football shirts (about 1976 I think) I was in a remote pub in some god-forsaken part of mid Wales and a bloke with a Brummie accent asked me if I was wearing a Villa shirt.

'**** off' said I, 'It's Burnley'.

Turns out he was fairly well known Wolves fan Robert Plant.