jedi_master
29-11-2014, 04:36 PM
How? HOW?

TheLonePoster
29-11-2014, 04:40 PM
...probably Mark Lawrensen's fault...

Boliclaret
He won the penner so he certainly contributed. If only he'd put that chance in but Ings chance looked easier.

jojomk1
He will never score but at least he got the pen

Caernarfon_Claret
29-11-2014, 04:41 PM
I know this one.

John Lee Hooker.

Boom Boom

'how how how how' - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnQ0bdHW0s)

PopGoesTheCherry
29-11-2014, 05:07 PM
What is this thread?

Caernarfon_Claret
29-11-2014, 05:15 PM
It's a thread saying how can Jutkiewicz be justifiably selected in our match day squad.

hence the Jutkiewicz

How? How?

others disagree and respond with comments such as those that followed the initial post.

I was attempting to be humorous, which failed miserably.

clareturion
29-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Would struggle in the championship as he did with Middlesbrough.

DarkCloud
29-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Certainly contributed with the penalty incident, but tbh that was more down to awful defending of (another) rather hopeful long ball than good attacking play. He missed a great chance within seconds of coming on and then put a bread and butter strikers header wide of the post in the final seconds which should have got us the win. I like the guy's effort and tenacity but the quality (and pace) just isn't there at this level. Perhaps if he could just get that lucky goal things might change for him, but I'm not so sure.

PopGoesTheCherry
29-11-2014, 05:36 PM
"I was attempting to be humorous, which failed miserably."

I agree.

1989_claret
29-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Not good enough, end of. You can't miss those kind of chances in the Premier League. He missed a sitter at Swansea but gave him the before of the doubt. We lack fire power and are desperate for a fully fit and firing Sam Vokes.

Caernarfon_Claret
29-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Thank you for agreeing.

I feel validated.

Caernarfon_Claret
29-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Just think.

If Vokes had been available and had the same chances as Jukiewicz.

I'm sure he would have scored a fair few.

ClaretTony2014
29-11-2014, 05:42 PM
How sad it is that some find the need to start threads criticising individual players every time we don't win.

ksrclaret
29-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Really does struggle at this level. He's a powerful lad and does work hard, but you can't miss chances like the one he did today. They simply don't come around often enough.

Caernarfon_Claret
29-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Particularly sad as he seems a hard working and dedicated lad.

Hopefully he will develop, learn how to relax in front of goal, and start converting chances.

Boliclaret
29-11-2014, 05:50 PM
"I was attempting to be humorous, which failed miserably.

You got 3 likes and the night is still young. :?

bfcjon
29-11-2014, 06:07 PM
I really feel sorry for the Duke,..with him things happen in the box,..
He is like a Battering Ram,...He takes it!!
And won 2 pens so far,..

He has a part to play,..

Just give the Bloke a chance!!!

Steve_Harpers_Perm
29-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Dreadful miss it actually looked harder to miss than hit the target! To be fair on the balance of play we were lucky to get a point.

longside4evr
29-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Its all very well slating a player that has just come on and been on the bench for the last few games, he won us a penalty and that's enough contribution for me as the game was running away from us up till then.
And the comments about Vokes Its going to be a big ask for him to come back rocking and rolling
I am more or less sure it will take time for him to bed in again its a big step up for anyone is this league UTC

wherewasi
29-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Disagree completely. There will be dozens of chances like the one that nearly fell to him just after he came on when he was being leant all over by the centre-back and they will be missed by strikers with bigger pedigrees than LJ. The header wasn't nearly as easy as is made out either - was just slightly higher and deeper than he was. Never mind, I'm sure the fans who don't rate him have someone else in mind. And, FWIW, he didn't struggle in the Championship last year. He gave a superb performance as a central striker in a win over one of the promoted teams at the Riverside - at least as good as any Vokes gave all season. That was us.

taio
29-11-2014, 07:06 PM
wherewasi, i'll watch it again tonight, but from where I was sat it looked like a sitter to me. When I looked at his reaction immediately afterwards I got the impression he thought the same.

...by the way, I like him and think he certainly has a role to play

Cirrus_Minor
29-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I think it was a bad miss but the lad is bit of an enigma.

He has great ability at holding the ball up and allowing our attackers to get at the opposition. But he does need to start becoming more of a threat on their goal.

My opinion of course.

The Bedlington Terrier
29-11-2014, 07:49 PM
I will not knock our players. Never have, never will but a centre forward cannot miss those gilt edged chances at this level. Austin would have scored three today no problem whatsoever. How on earth he knocked that header wide (right in front of us!) I will never know. The lad says the Juke should be sold in January, "because he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo whilst strapped to its tail!" Kids today!

taio
29-11-2014, 07:54 PM
'I will not knock our players. Never have, never will'

What about your repeated tirades about Ings a few weeks ago?

longside4evr
30-11-2014, 06:59 AM
And then he use's his lad to slate him very good :blue:
If that's your moto don't say anything if someone else calls a player and broadcast it.
Its like hiding behind someone else and calling them

Happyclaret12
30-11-2014, 07:12 AM
7 points from last 3 games despite missing several chances that vokes would have buried...reasons to be cheerful part 1...utc.

Pidgeon
30-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Im sorry but I think he is simply not good enough. Miissed real sitters yesterday. I wonder what it was that someone at BFC thought he had that would be useful in the PL. He probably doesnt score goals in training.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Hiding behind the lad? He's six foot three and I ain't arguing with him!

wilks_bfc
30-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I remember conversations like this during Vokes loan spell and prior to last season :/

TuftyBeamish
30-11-2014, 09:18 AM
He works hard for the team and contributes all he can other than a serious goal threat. He's not even a marginal goal threat.
Then again he wasn't a real goal threat at Championship level, so why on Earth anyone thought he'd make the grade in the Prem is beyond me.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-11-2014, 09:22 AM
The season ticket holding lady who sits almost directly behind me is not a Madder and she says it's OK for me to say he should learn where the net is!

claretspice
30-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Saw what Juke brings to the table with the way he bested a physical beast in Okora for the penalty, and generally once he warmed up he gave the attack a physical focal point it had hitherto lacked.

But anyone pretending that wasn't a sitter is kidding themselves. Its a free header, for which he barely had to jump, 4 yards out in the middle of the goal. It might not be a foot in front of him as he would have ideally like but he had plenty of time to adjust his neck. If it needs to be a free header, 4 yards out, middle of the goal, perfect height, perfectly into his stride to be a sitter, then you're sort of proving the argument that he's not good enough in front of goal at this level.

It was a header which lacked any real conviction and I'm not completely sure there was any real attempt to direct the ball at all. He sort of just let it hit him.

He's a willing lad and a physical presence. But if we'd brought in the player with a geater goal threat in the summer that we needed, I suspe

BlackCountry
30-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Certainly gives his all but the longer his goal drought continues his confidence will suffer.

Just wish we still had Charlie up front instead of a pathetic 4 million pounds. With him and Danny we would arguably be mid-table.

claret78
30-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Arguably? We'll be a mid table side in just over 48 hours so if we'd had one of the most impressive forwards in the Prem this season playing up top with Ings I'd argue we'd be top ten easy.

Quickenthetempo
30-11-2014, 01:37 PM
He's a trier is the lad but for a target man is terrible at heading the ball goalwards.

I thought he was unlucky at first, saying things like the cross was an inch to high or behind him. But when you watch the West Ham boys score their headed goals it shows a technical problem for him in my eyes. Does he take his eye off the ball for a split second? Too many chances now have gone to waste to be unlucky.

Having said that he makes things happen and the team need to benefit from it. A bit like Vokes on his first few games heading long throws on but no one gambling in the right areas to benefit.

earbyclaret
30-11-2014, 02:06 PM
He came in because he was the closest equivalent player to Vokes within our budget and assume it has always been the plan to restore Sam to that role once he's ready - so with that in mind it was a perfectly sound decision to buy him - rather than a more expensive alternative - in the summer.

As has been mentioned the initial reaction to his performances is quite similar to what was being said about Vokes when he first arrived.

Jutkiewicz was unfortunate that Danny got injured at Palace just as the two looked like they had the makings of a decent partnership. Had we converted the penalty he won that day we'd be 15th - two points clear of the bottom three.

This division is all about fine margins.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Remember the first "Home Alone" film? Remember when the little guy puts his fingers in front of his eyes when the burglars first appear? Exactly the same reaction from the little guy in front of us when the Juke headed a yard wide from four yards out!

claretspice
30-11-2014, 04:42 PM
"He came in because he was the closest equivalent player to Vokes within our budget and assume it has always been the plan to restore Sam to that role once he's ready - so with that in mind it was a perfectly sound decision to buy him - rather than a more expensive alternative - in the summer."

Well if that was the logic I think it was flawed for a number of reasons. Firstly, because you should always be trying to improve your squad overall, rather than holding the status quo - particularly when you've just been promoted. And secondly because no one should be that sure Vokes will be able to recapture at any point this season the form he showed last season, let alone make the stop up to the Premier League.

"the initial reaction to his performances is quite similar to what was being said about Vokes when he first arrived."

I sort of see this point, and confidence is undoubtedly a big part of that. However, Vokes was signed as someone who needed a bit of nurturing at a time when that w

bobinho
30-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Just needs a goal. Before his confidence drops and before Sam gets back.

I'm sure he'll get one.

He's a good player. But if he was as good as people want/demand/expect, he'd never be playing for us in the first place. He'd be at Arsenal or Liverpool or summat.

Keep it real...

solidsilver1862
30-11-2014, 06:43 PM
HEARD THE ONE ABOUT THE jutkiewicz bus
it will arrive!!!!
the player was so unlucky yesterday, but we and he!
have to move on!, the goal, will come!maybe tomorrow night!!! hes just got to get the head the right way SATURDAYS PENALTY!! WOULD NOT HAVE
ARRIVED WITHOUT THE DUKE BEING IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF HE GETS ONE TOMORROW WE WILL ALL CELEBRATE WITH HIM,( COME ON, WEVE HAD THIS BEFORE)OUR CLUB NEEDS US.

solidsilver1862
30-11-2014, 07:06 PM
alright you miserable lot, TUESDAY NGHT come on DUKE im going for 2-0 burnley with you to score that wili ruffle a few feathers?

bfcjon
30-11-2014, 07:11 PM
bobinho...He will get one soon!!

And i for one will be overjoyed for him..

When we get into midfield/defensive errors, and we hoof it,...Who is there all the time,..

He needs more credit, for his role...

Jamb0MackemClaret
01-12-2014, 05:10 AM
Just doesn't look like scoring, does he? The chance at the end is an absolute sitter, there's no doubt about it, and it's much easier than the one Ings hit the post with. Ings had to beat a man to create his for starters.

It's December now and Juke has had a handful of really good chances and I'm struggling to think of when he's even forced anything other than routine saves from the keeper. He often misses the target completely and that's if he even hits the ball, I thought the mistimed header from Trippier's free kick was another fantastic chance.

His link up play is decent and he leads the line reasonably well, but if you've got a striker who can't score a goal you've got a problem. I think Vokes would have had maybe 3-5 goals by now if he'd been playing instead. To be fair to him though, he's done really well for the penalty to get between Okore and the ball.

As someone else has noted above, it's fine margins in the Premier League and these missed chances might cost us. We did

jedi_master
01-12-2014, 06:36 AM
I think this thread has kind of been blown out of proportion, I was only commenting on the miss rather than his overall attributes and abilities as a player.

However, if we are going down that road...

I can't make my mind up on him.

I actually thought he was very good for the first half a dozen games, very strong up front and held the ball up well. The problem is, I think we play better without him. Barnes has been excellent (IMO) three games running now, I personally wouldn't have subbed him on Saturday, although SD's decision was vindicated as the Juke won the penalty. The bloke to me looks absolutely shot of confidence and seems to really panic in front of goal (Which is very surprising when you consider that everything he touched turned to a goal in pre-season) and, as quite a few have mentioned above, looks unlikely to hit the net.

There is a place for him in our squad, but I think even that is a question mark when Sam is back, which seems will be in a month or two at worst. I