PDA

View Full Version : To say we only turned up for 10 minutes

LClaret
30-11-2014, 11:12 AM
That wasn't too bad a result.

And 7 points out of 9. If you had offered any of us that 3 games ago we would have torn your arm off.

Credit to Aston Villa - they flew out of the traps yesterday. Really had a point to prove.

ClaretTony2014
30-11-2014, 11:12 AM
I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself if you think we only turned up for 10 minutes

LClaret
30-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Alright - 5 minutes really. I gave us an extra 5 minutes because I was being kind...

For the vast majority of the match we were outplayed. Was certainly glad to see the back of Joe Cole.

Supersub6
30-11-2014, 11:19 AM
And the score was?

Must have been a really one-sided game if we were only there for 5 minutes?

Burnleyfan1966
30-11-2014, 11:26 AM
End to end like an FA cup match .draw was a fair result

LClaret
30-11-2014, 11:27 AM
It was a one sided match for 70 odd minutes. Why they took Weimann and Cole off I don't know - they managed to ruin their own formation which had nullified ours for the majority of the match.

I don't really understand why people are hiding from that or acting like stating the obvious is tantamount to some sort of treason?

We need to think up a plan B when our midfield is getting overrun like they were yesterday.

Burnleyfan1966
30-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Arsenal Man u last week should the have won .yes because its football we love it .

LClaret
30-11-2014, 11:41 AM
True - getting a result when you really shouldn't have makes football brilliant and if we had managed to beat them it would have been the best turnaround since Big Chris destroyed Nob Enders a few years ago.

minniemouth
30-11-2014, 11:42 AM
We only turned up for the 10 minutes after they'd gone into "what we have we hold" mode.
At least we did turn up and gave it a real go. Should have sneaked it really.

For a team written off by all the pundits we have now lost less than 50% of our games. Vokes and the transfer window are coming. We need goals to turn draws into victories.

Never quit. UTC.

solidsilver1862
30-11-2014, 11:45 AM
re L CLARET
This was not the same VILLA SIDE OF Monday with Joe Cole returning and a packed midfield,The clarets played well with MANUTD loanee KEENE having a sound debut when taking Michael Duffs role his height and speed can be an asset.
we could have won Ings hitting the post and DUKES header inches wide 7 POINTS IN 3 GAMES is top form id gladly take a the same return in the next 3, such a dour lot of supporters we seem to be gathering at present.

LClaret
30-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Dour?? Did you read the post at all? I said 7 points in 9 was a brilliant return.

I don't see why this should blind us to the fact that sometimes 4-4-2 gets overrun in the midfield and we should think of a way to combat it.

We shouldn't hope that the opposition manager makes a few poor substitutions to let us back into the match. That's a recipe for disaster.

Burnleyfan1966
30-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Same manager that use us for a pay rise he is not thick . but was up against the best in our SEAN

solidsilver1862
30-11-2014, 12:32 PM
L CLARET
You did give credit to the Villa for producing jOE COLE A SEASONED PRO NOTHING FOR debut boy Keene for the best league in the world plus loss of Duff i understand if your are a down the roader?

Burnleyfan1966
30-11-2014, 01:32 PM
SOLIDGOLD that SILVER

BelialofBacup
30-11-2014, 02:43 PM
SHOUT, SHOUT, let it all out

The Bedlington Terrier
30-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Total Bobbins..!

Boliclaret
30-11-2014, 07:01 PM
It was a one sided match for 70 odd minutes. Why they took Weimann and Cole off I don't know - they managed to ruin their own formation which had nullified ours for the majority of the match.

Cole looked knackered when he came off due to his lack of playing time and the lad Grealish looked an excellent replacement.

We need to think up a plan B when our midfield is getting overrun like they were yesterday.

We did, SD brought on Jutkiewicz who gave us a penalty lifeline and he moved Scott infield and put Wallace out wide which almost proved a master stroke against tired legs.

Credit were credits due our workrate was absolutely phenomenom against an established premier league side.

Bin_Ont_Turf
30-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Danny Ings - "First half we didn't turn up really, including myself"

Nice of the honesty Danny, that's how I saw it.

butterflyvenom
30-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Villa had players that were capable of formidable counter attacking. The ground they covered in a short space of time was frightening at times. They managed to do this throughout the entire game. Fortunatley for us, their moves broke down or were broken down.
We had to be switched on for the full 90. We more or less achieved this.The last few minutes may well have been packed with drama, but no way did we get ourselves into gear for just 10.We could have won that, but Villa were no mugs.

NottsClaret
01-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Correct. Nearly every side we play is going to be packed with players more experienced or just plain better than us at this level.

When we're getting outplayed it's not because we 'haven't turned up' or can't be arsed. We're working our asses off in every minute, just to keep them out.

In the end it was Villa that tired first, we saw it and battered them for 7-8 minutes and could, maybe should have won the game in that time. Overall, a good point and well played.

Burt
01-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Op - if any team in this league only turns up for 10 minutes then the score will not be 1-1

Fantastic result against a good established side

claretspice
01-12-2014, 08:54 AM
It certainly wasn't a one sided match for the first 85 minutes, but Villa were the better side throughout and it was only after the penalty that we finally got control of midfield - before that, Villa dictated terms in that area of the pitch.

But it was encouraging that despite that problem, we had some sort of cutting edge throughout - Kightly had two chances, Ings stung Guzan's palms, Boyd ought to have worked the keeper early in the second half and should have extended him in the first half, and leaving aside that question of whether it was handball or not, the 'header' that hit the post was one of two or three really good set pieces which caused Villa real problems.

And it was equally encouraging that after a vulnerable first 25 minutes or so when Keane in particular was pulled all over the place, we generally restricted Villa pretty well.

This sort of game will happen at this level while we play 4-4-2 against teams playing a genuine 5 man midfield. Thought that overall we dealt