PDA

View Full Version : Ready for Newcastle

oldcolner
30-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Time to focus on grabbing the points on Tuesday.
Looks like Krul and Sissoko are out.
Only one goal difference in their 5 league wins on the trot - three 1-0 home wins Leicestre QPR and Liverpool and two away wins at Spurs and West Brom. They lost 1-0 at Stoke and at West Ham.
We have a good chance to put the fans pressure back on Pardew.

randomclaret2
30-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Colback suspended as well

oldcolner
30-11-2014, 10:18 PM
From BBC site

Rob Elliot in goal for next five games
Daryl Janmaat - got hamstring injury in the WH game.
Already without Siem de Jong, Ryan Taylor, Rolando Aarons and Mehdi Abeid, Fabricio Coloccini and Davide Santon.

Hoping we can test the goalie early

butterflyvenom
30-11-2014, 11:00 PM
On the back of three games without defeat, and at home, I can see a victory on the horizon against this lot.Yes, they improved dramatically in recent weeks, but they will be vulnerable.I think there is a veneeer about Newcastle. They might appear like a team on the "up" but I don't believe they are as strong as the journalists say. Hats off to Pardew for silencing his critics. In the main, they were just clowns. That said, they have suffered a defeat by west Ham. I think the foundations are more than a bit creaky. Got to go with 2-0 Burnley.Some teams may shock us by their brilliance, but Newcastle won't be one of them.

butterflyvenom
30-11-2014, 11:02 PM
By the way, I reckon Barnes will grab both goals.

IanMcL
01-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Both teams confident. Should be a good match. Will hold breath throughout!

jedi_master
01-12-2014, 06:38 AM
Krul and Sissoko arguably been their best players this season, and Coloccini is their captain.

Good time to play them, but a tough game without a doubt.

Alp12Mac
01-12-2014, 08:47 AM
I am looking forward to Tuesday night under the lights.

The 'Toon Army' will be well up for it as always, we need to be on equal footing and get the Turf rocking.

I'm sure the lads will be giving it their all and hopefully we can get the points.

Even with injuries and suspensions Newcastle will be difficult to beat though.

COYC

Ashingtonclaret46
01-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Don't get carried away with the fact that Newcastle have various injuries and suspensions.
They have some good, young talented players who will step up to the mark and their confidence is high after their recent recovery.

Toby1
01-12-2014, 09:17 AM
A tough game no doubt, but SD with have everyone prepared I'm sure. Looking forward to it as we are building in confidence all over the field.

the_quoon
01-12-2014, 09:34 AM
sissoko's sending off was the best of the season so far. the first booking was a triumph.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-12-2014, 09:43 AM
A sneaky 1-0 for us. The bet is already placed with Danny to score. UTC!

blueheeler1
01-12-2014, 10:27 AM
This is a tough ask ---taking three points from this fixture.

Newcastle would rate as a top ten club.

BUT IF we take the game by the throat and IF we score early on and IF we continue to press we will likely get there.

This really is a game for the brave heart.

wickdkewlclaret
01-12-2014, 10:33 AM
We need to start early this time, and put away our chances, will their young lads have the character to come from behind? It's essential we start well.

oldcolner
01-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Pardew says Daryl Janmaat, Mike Williamson and Massaido Haidara are all doubts for the Burnley game.

Cant be many left!

g69
01-12-2014, 03:12 PM
I am slightly worried it's too soon after an exhaustive Villa match and Newcastles weakened squad is not their strength and it's not a game we never get going in
UTC

FCBurnley
01-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Villa had injuries and brought Joe Cole in !!! Be careful what you wish for in this league. Think it will be a tight game, 1-1 or a frustrating 0-1. Hope I am wrong

oldcolner
01-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Jack Colback will miss out as well after he was shown a fifth yellow card of the season at Upton Park.

solidsilver1862
01-12-2014, 03:40 PM
FC BURNLEY
I hope , and think you will be wrong 2-0 to the Clarets or 3-1 with the Duke Ings AND Boyd sending them unhappily home over the Blubberhouses

earbyclaret
01-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Looks like they'll be missing a number of key players but on the flip-side, those incoming will have fresh legs.

We put a big effort into getting back on terms Saturday and this appears likely to be another game where working hard work when we don't have the ball will be critical.

Defensively they've looked very solid for a couple of months but haven't been prolific in front of goal.

As has been suggested already a start with the intensity we showed at Stoke will be required. Whatever side Newcastle put out, on paper, it's likely, to be stronger than Villa's starting line-up on Saturday.

The big difference between those two sides is that Newcastle are used to winning. Defeat for them at West Ham gives us hope though and Sissoko's crazy red card is a massive boost - he's been one of the standout players in their recent revival.

Really think we need this one though - QPR away looks like a much tougher proposition than it did two or three weeks ago.

Would be great if Jutkiewicz coul

oldcolner
01-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Earby
Yes think you are spot on. Their players will be wanting to fight for a regular place and we haven't scored more than 1 at home yet. Would be good to get that monkey off our back and for Jut and Boyd to get one.

BBC says Newcastle's last victory at the Turf was 1-0 on Boxing Day 1975 in good old Division 1
The last time they played us was 31 years ago at Turf Moor and we won 1-0 in the old Division 2 ... but we were later relegated. :blue:

billyhamilton82
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Rob Elliot will remember Turf Moor with mixed feelings.

If I remember correctly he had a good game in our promotion season 2008-09 part of a Charlton rearguard action until Stevie Thompson scored twice hitting the winner in the last minute as we won 2-1.

He hasn't played much at all in the last few years.

Knows the area well after being on loan at Accy Stanley.

Bound to have a stormer ?????

Bullabill
02-12-2014, 05:24 AM

g69 ..."I am slightly worried it's too soon after an exhaustive Villa match and Newcastles weakened squad is not their strength and it's not a game we never get going in
UTC" ...

Go on, I'll bite - what the hell does it mean???

oldcolner
02-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Mirror says Danny Ings is being courted by Newcastle in a cut price deal.

The England U21 star is out of contract in June and available for around 3 million in compensation, with the Geordies topping the list of interested clubs.

Ings is free to strike a pre-contract agreement next month, and Newcastle are ready to force the issue and strengthen their forward line.