PDA

View Full Version : Wallace WONDER performance changed the game

chingchongchinaman
01-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Ross Wallace must start tomorrow. he has proven at leicester and again against Villa that he makes a big difference. If Jone's has a knock why don't we play Boyd and Wallace as out and out wingers with Arfield and Marney in the middle. Stick with Juke, he will score and is 100% more effective than Barnes who is still to win a header in open play

COME ON ROSS

Quicknick
01-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Duke is one hundred per cent more effective than Barnes!?

Wallace as a super sub.

the_quoon
01-12-2014, 10:54 AM
"100% more effective than Barnes who is still to win a header in open play"

remember that goal he scored with his head?

chingchongchinaman
01-12-2014, 10:55 AM
it came off his shoulder

Like all Burnley players, I wish him well but he isn't very good, Juke will deliver

the_quoon
01-12-2014, 10:59 AM
of course, of course.

ksrclaret
01-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Barnes clearly doesn't need to win headers when he's so good at directing the ball with his shoulder and his hands.

ClaretTony2014
01-12-2014, 11:03 AM
"Barnes who is still to win a header in open play"

Does that not include the countless ones he won at Stoke?

"Jone's"

Who? - Signed, Tony Schole's

Nutters_uclan
01-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Wallace was excellent on Saturday, no doubt.

The rest of your post, and your username, undermine anything valid you had to say though.

chingchongchinaman
01-12-2014, 11:12 AM
You have never made a typo?

Apologies, in the presence of genius I se

chingchongchinaman
01-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Anti Chinese?

Come on, get it off your chest...

Come on...

LincolnClaret
01-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Crikey, where do we start here...

Wallace is a super sub, end of conversation. In the PL you need your wide men to offer a lot of defensive cover - hence why Kightly, Arfield and Boyd start in front of Ross. Once the game opens up, usually with 15-20 minutes to go, then Ross can come on and have an impact.

Juke more effective than Barnes? Wow, that is just factually wrong. Juke played well in the first 4 or 5 games, and even though he didn't score, you could see his contribution. Since then he looks lacking in confidence and to be honest he looks well out of his depth. The pecking order for strikers when they're all fit is still Ings, Vokes, Barnes and then either / or Juke / Sordell.

claretspice
01-12-2014, 12:03 PM
The idea that Barnes has still to win a header this season, despite 'that' goal against Hull and the evidence of his other 3 starts, is one of the most amusing I've seen on this board.

Wallace did indeed do well against Villa, and its another reminder that he's a really valuable option as a 15-20 minute impact sub - a role which is really valuable in this league. But as others have said he's not robust enough to start ahead of Boyd, Kightly or Arfield (and for what its worth I'd like to see Arfield start ahead of Kightly tomorrow night).

Barnes has done a decent job in the last 3 games, but I don't think there's a lot bewteen him and Juke in terms of overall impact. Juke missed a sitter on Saturday and the evidence suggests he's not a goalscorer, but the way in which he won the penalty demonstrated what he can offer us and in many respects I suspect he's a better foil for Ings than Barnes.

jt_claret
01-12-2014, 12:59 PM
This thread is bizarre.

Yeah, fair enough to call Wallace to start. Though there's a good shout for any of the wingers, they all make a difference.

But Barnes hasn't won a header? What?
I thought Juke was doing well, but Barnes' flick-ons have been far more effective. Barnes doesn't have the pace to be great at this level (I'm certainly not going to say can't be good enough), but he links up with Ings considerably better than anyone else.

I personally would rather have a striker who scores with his shoulder than one who misses with his head. Seem to remember Vokes getting the goals with every body part bar his feet and head (including his arse).

Juke is way too low on confidence, so we can't afford to start him.

ClaretTony2014
01-12-2014, 01:03 PM
"Seem to remember Vokes getting the goals with every body part bar his feet and head (including his arse)."

They were bouncing off his arse and face into the net early last season. Those goals helped give him a positive start to the season that only ever ended with the injury. It doesn't matter how they go in.

SussexDon1
01-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Agree Ross Wallace for a super sub but not to start the game for me.
Unless Sean starts him then that's fine by me as well.

UTC

solidsilver1862
01-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Its good that we are debating competition for places, as we approach Christmas. This month will be crucial for our final position come May! to myself,either the Duke OR Barnes starting wont make much difference as long as both take their opportunity, a win tomorrow night will declare to everybody we are going in the direction and deserve our position.Wallace can turn a game and depending who is marking him as to be considered while another home performance from keane as SATURDAY could prove invaluable for the games, for the rest of this year

notnowbernard
01-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Kightly has been excellent and deserves to start imo, with a run of games and fitness he seems to get better, no way I would bench him at the moment. Have been a bit surprised Sean has taken him off in the last couple, but back the managers judgement in these things.

I think Wallace does deserve credit. He is one of those that divides opinion but has made an impression off the bench in a few games (I include last season) just don't see him ahead of Kights or Jones in the starting 11.

Jamb0MackemClaret
01-12-2014, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't start him on the back of a very bright, albeit very brief, cameo. He's better coming on at the end I think. Would certainly go Arfield for Kightly tomorrow night though, Kightly was as poor on Saturday as he was good last week, he missed two great chances.

bf2k
01-12-2014, 07:42 PM
chingchongchinaman - Post #4

You're a bit of tool aren't you?

Patey
02-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Wallace from the bench if needed. I doubt he could play like he did on Saturday for the whole 90 minutes.

chingchongchinaman
02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
a bit of a tool...

you bet cocoa, I'm a full tool box

what about you? bright spark are you?