PDA

View Full Version : rivals?

sotw
01-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Stockport County have been given the plum tie of the next round of the FA Trophy. Ramsbottom United away.How the mighty have fallen.

DiBranchio
01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
To be fair, they were never mighty and they will probably be the underdogs against Rammy. XD

buxtonclaret
01-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Watched my local side beat Rammy in the FA cup recently. Could have gone either way.
Does seem strange seeing County's fixtures these days though.
Doesn't seem two minutes ago we were beating them at Wembley.
Still stranger that they adopted us so strongly as their 'big rivals' back then.

Bin_Ont_Turf
01-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Do they still sing about hating us? :D

(I mean Stockport not Ramsbottom)

Boliclaret
01-12-2014, 08:27 PM
A chant of "we hate Ramsbottom and we hate Ramsbottom" sounds like a collective statement of being against bestiality. :s

Quicknick
01-12-2014, 08:54 PM
What sort of crowds do Stockport get for home games and where do they play?

Rowls
01-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Do they still sing about us?

Saw them their last season in the FL. We were the main target of their songs.

Poor dears.

mkmel
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I remember a few years ago seeing a Stockport supporter wearing their shirt and on the back it had the number 8 in the middle with the letter I printed above that and Burnley printed under the 8

I 8 BURNLEY :D

Boliclaret
01-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I worked with a Stockport fan many moons ago. When they played Rovers at Ewood in a cup game they started chanting "We hate Burnley and we hate Burnley" at the start of the game to which the Rovers fans joined in.

He claimed that this was his fondest football memory as a supporter, to which I just thought, you poor sod.

He also believed that Burnley fans were gutted that Stockport won 1-0 that night at Ewood and was miffed that I was pleased for them. He deludedly thought that County were Burnleys main rivals.

Really really sad.