PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Goal of the year nomination

gogogadgetlegs
01-12-2014, 11:15 PM
I did something similar once in St Marys playground. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30284831)

GordonvaleClaret
01-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Did you get all those kisses too?

yorksclaret
02-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Just when you thought FIFA had reached their limit of incompetence, they go and give us this bullsh1t.
You probably had a bigger crowd in the playground.

claretblue
02-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Heaton to Barnes - 8 passes

brilliant! :D

see link: - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN7B92CZWAE)

Walton
02-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Yorksclaret - the dinosaurs called and want their views back.

dsr
02-12-2014, 12:37 PM
I'd be surprised if that's one of the best three goals scored during the year in any syandard of football. It's good, but it's similar to (say) Steve Thompson at Reading in the play-offs, and no-one nominated that for goal of the year. I suspect the opposition in that match on the link wasn't quite World Cup standard either.

It might be the best goal scored by a woman, maybe? Though you'd think they'd have their own competition.

chekhov
02-12-2014, 03:46 PM
dsr, what a lot of pompous nonsense you are talking.
1. It's a ****in' good goal, no matter what arena.
2. It's great women's football is getting a bit of attention.
3. At least it's not some shte from Man **ity or chelski.
4. Is it really that important to get your head in a tissy? And...
5. Grow up and grow some b***s.

wherewasi
02-12-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm not being funny but if Thompson's goal was a tenth as good as that, I'd best start watching tiddlywinks instead. That was a well-hit goal but the two touches Roche took to set it up including the back-heeled one take hers to an entirely different level.

yorksclaret
02-12-2014, 10:24 PM
If it's scored by a fella at an equivalent level it's nowhere near a nomination. It's basically park level football and to have it alongside WC finals goals is laughable.

But it's scored by a blonde woman so we can all show how PC we are by bigging it up.

F##k off FIFA.