PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a wireless printer help

Quickenthetempo
02-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Just wondering if anyone can help and give me a quick and easy way to connect the printer to the computer.

I have tried installing 5 times now but it just can't pick up the printer when scanned. I haven't got a USB lead for it as is a suggestion to use just to get a connection.

I have followed all instructions and even youtube but it still won't connect.

The helpline is busy for another 20 mins so just thought I would ask on here. Cheers.

minniemouth
02-12-2014, 05:56 PM
No idea, so start with the obvious. Does the printer have to be turned on??

westyorkclaret
02-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I have an HP wireless and it was a mare to set up

Had to download the drivers and software first, but even those were a pig to find on the HP site

If yours is an HP, they have some software called print and scan doctor which helps

Quickenthetempo
02-12-2014, 06:47 PM
CheerS, I have been referred to Canons customer services after Currys couldn't sort. Something that should be simple is a nightmare.

LoveCurryPies
02-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Mac or PC ?

Quickenthetempo
02-12-2014, 07:15 PM
pc

The_Exorcist
02-12-2014, 07:44 PM
First things first - is the printer definitely connected to the network?

There's different ways of checking that but one way is that there should be an option to print out the network status. This should, amongst other things, confirm what the IP address is

Assuming you get an IP address then on your computer go Start > run > cmd Then type ping followed by the IP address.
e.g. ping 123.45.67.89

If you get "Reply from " followed by whatever your IP address is then it's on the network