PDA

View Full Version : Hebden Bridge Pubs

Steve_Harpers_Perm
03-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Off on a pub crawl Saturday. Anyone recommend the best pubs and any that will have footy results showing Saturday afternoon (or even better the Burnley game live!)?

todclaret
03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Hebden centre is so small that you'll have plenty of opportunity to visit just about every pub/bar. My favourite, by some way, is the Stubbing Wharf, which is located a little way out of town toward Todmorden. There's always an excellent choice of ales and outstandingly good food.

If you're a real ale buff, then try The Fox And Goose by the traffic lights at the bottom of Heptonstall Road.

ClaretTony2014
03-12-2014, 09:59 AM
I only know the of one and todclaret has already mentioned it. The Stubbing Wharf is definitely worth a visit.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
03-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Cheers. Someone had mentioned the Stubbing Wharf to me as worth a visit. Is it likely to have footy results on a Saturday afternoon?

claretlaykey
03-12-2014, 12:00 PM
The Stubbing wont have any football results on.

Not sure you'll find anywhere decent in Hebden showing them to be honest.

Best place would be to go into Mytholmroyd and go to the Shoulder of Mutton. Football results will definitely be on as well as quite a few Burnley fans in there.

todclaret
03-12-2014, 12:26 PM
The Stubbing doesn't have a tv to my knowledge, but they do have free wifi so you can pick the results up by smartphone etc.

scoobyclaret
03-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Not been to Hebden for a while but I'm sure the Prince Albert pub had a TV showing the footy results . The Railway pub were showing a rugby international last time we were there so they would as well I would have thought and the beer was ok as well.
The Swan and The Shoulder of Mutton were good as well but as I say its been a while(over a year) since I've been so things may have changed

Steve_Harpers_Perm
03-12-2014, 09:51 PM
Cheers for the replies!