PDA

View Full Version : Latest Owen Coyle bull

oldcolner
03-12-2014, 12:39 PM
I know we all take great interest in our former manager /God.
Large article on his ego in the mail - how he's turned down jobs, never got on with Whelan and never failed but may go abroad.
He even uses the royal we many times to refer to himself!
No mention of Burnley at all and an old picture of a normal size person.
How could he forget his many friends here? - view external link (www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2858464/Owen-Coyle-m-no-rush-job-haven-t-ruled-coaching-overseas.html)

ClaretTony2014
03-12-2014, 12:43 PM
‘We left Wigan because the chairman and I never saw eye to eye. We had a couple of blazing arguments and I told him what I thought."

I think Whelan might have been involved in the decision making there.

‘Everywhere we’ve been, we’ve done well. We went to Bolton when they were second bottom and kept them in the Premier League with nine points to spare, had them there for three years.'

Had them there for three years? Two years and four months after he went to Bolton they were relegated.

the_quoon
03-12-2014, 12:43 PM
"I know we all take great interest in our former manager"

speak for yourself, pal.

Darthlaw
03-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Interestingly I don't think he's ever left a club without the fans hating him, either.

Good job football managers don't need references.

oldcolner
03-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Quoon
I suppose sarcasm doesn't come over easily on here. Sorry for that.

Interesting that clubs who had the Coyle fitted became sterile and for some that has become permanent. Even after 'we' was removed!

randomclaret2
03-12-2014, 01:00 PM
He was summarising on the Scottish Cup games over the weekend on the BBC.
I thought he looked well... - view external link (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5geSsJSGBco/SuNyMusVKgI/AAAAAAAAAOU/LQM_zvTWHUQ/s400/fat+alan.jpg)

Rowls
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Can we get a sticky for this recurring thread?