PDA

View Full Version : O/t that call to sky.

1fatclaret
04-12-2014, 08:05 PM
OK, so I've been a sky customer for the best part of 15 years, have the entire package, including phone and broadband. Finally got round to trying the cancellation game to get myself a deal. I ended up with their cancellations dept offering me 35% off the TV package for 8 months and 50% off fibre broadband for 6. But, they were both on 18 month deals so I rejected.

Question is, how long do I wait before I sign up to another provider if they don't come calling with a better deal? Cancelled at the weekend and not heard a thing since.

mondayclubber
04-12-2014, 08:14 PM
I left sky last year, similar thing.
They did not try to keep me, despite being a loyal customer, so I'm now with virgin.
On balance, the package is very similar, I would be marginally better switching back to sky now, but the way they treat their loyal customers, sod em.

MDWat
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
between 21-28 days after cancelling is the general rule, I think, 1fatclaret.

They usually come crawling back in the final week before you cancel.

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
04-12-2014, 08:39 PM
They called me after a couple of weeks. On the third call I accepted 40 per month for my package which should be 87.50

1fatclaret
04-12-2014, 08:59 PM
I could save a good few quid by splitting the package up, but truth is , I'm allazy b'stard, and have no confidence a new supplier would have my broadband and TV working in time for my sky turning off.

I'll take the advice and wait for day 21.if I've not heard from them, I'll go somewhere else.

rhighfield1984
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
if Sky don't offer you a deal, switch to Virgin via topcashback or quidco, will give you 150+ to switch, nice little perk.