PDA

View Full Version : Would Dyche do a Coyle on us

BurnleyFCmad1882
04-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Everytime I listen to dyche he just makes me want to run on that turf myself and run myself ragged into the ground, something that is very reminiscent of how I felt when coyle was here. Now I'm not at all saying Dyche is anything like coyle, but if a club say come in in Jan for him, more money etc etc, do you think he would leave us thinking 'Ive taken Burnley as far as I can with very limited backing'.

People go on about how we need to keep Ings, and rightly so, but keeping this guy is much more important imo.

gosia
04-12-2014, 10:16 PM
As the saying goes 'You can never say never.'

However, I do think it would take a combination of a great offer from elsewhere and a major falling out with the Board here for Dyche to up and away in January.

But as far I recall he hasn't agreed to extend his contract beyond the end of this season if memory serves me well. I may be wrong and possibly he's still contract beyond this season There hasn't been anything muted about offering him an extension or longer deal albeit one presumes the Board must have, or be in the process of doing so. Surely.

I suspect he'll wait until the end of the season and weigh up where we are, what we offer and what might be forthcoming from elsewhere.
If that's the case then we could well lose him as we're not likely to be able to compete with most clubs in the Premiership and not even some from the Championship.

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-12-2014, 10:22 PM
The thread title is crap for a start.

You show me a Burnley fan who thinks that 'Dyche would do a Coyle' and I'll show you a complete idiot.

Of course he will leave eventually, but he won't leave like a lying sewer rat.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
04-12-2014, 10:31 PM
"but he won't leave like a lying sewer rat"

Correct. He does come across as a man with integrity. Unfortunately, so did SuBo until he did his Judas pantomime act which made the way that he left so much more difficult to understand.

If Sean is only contracted until Summer 2015 then his contract extension must be the priority for the Board.

Sidney1st
04-12-2014, 10:32 PM
First thing to consider, are there any of his former clubs in the PL?...no.

Which clubs would pinch him from us?
Qpr, Leicester, maybe WBA at a push.

Thankfully Pulis is still out of work , so with his experience he'd be the first phone call for any desperate club.

The club is very different to when Coyle was here, improvements to things like the training facilities, scouting network and overall structure of the club are ongoing ,with more of an eye to the future.

It's probably worth taking into consideration how he was treated by those Italians at Watford, hopefully made him weary of working for crazy foreign owners (that rules Leeds out for sure).

All in all , I'd say he will be here till at least the end of the season B)

wickdkewlclaret
04-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Perfick answer there Sid!

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-12-2014, 10:56 PM
What's this I then 'we' business all about?

We may have been fooled but there's no doubt that our current manager is anything like or going to act anything like him...

ďIíve turned four or five things down in the past four or five months already. Thatís not a snobbery thing Ė I just have to get the right feeling from the right person. When that comes along Iíll gladly take a job. Itís killing me every day not being involved as itís what I love doing. I love being out working with young players and making them better. I just want to get an affinity with someone and a feeling that I could really work with them.

ďIíve not got any issue with being forgotten about. Wherever Iíve been as a manager, weíve done very well. We never left Wigan for football reasons. We were three points off the play-offs with a game in hand, brought in £19 million in transfers, spent £4.5m and were one game away from reaching the knock-out stage of the Europa League, the only second-tier team in the competitio

DolceBFC
04-12-2014, 10:58 PM
I bumped in to Sean last week near Gawthorpe, i said to him he best not be going anywhere in January/this season like others have done and he said with a smile on his face, "Don't worry son, unless Real Madrid or Barcelona need my help i will be going nowhere!"

Top bloke, sincere and genuine. Really does epitomise the saying "What you see is what you get."

cloughyclaret
04-12-2014, 11:24 PM
"Thereís no point just taking a job for the sake of it"

A heads up, Coyle. Yes, there is. Your PL record clearly indicates you have been **** on average. You need to take any manager job offered and prove yourself properly as an all round manager in the mould of say... Dyche? rather than a kiss arse. Payouts only last so long. Ego is even shorter.

You got away with it last time, wont happen again.

wherewasi
05-12-2014, 12:05 AM
Coyle's record is much better than average whateverBFC fans feel about him. Did a good job (with limited context) in Scotland, performed a miracle with us, did OK at Bolton (all those teams apart from the top 6 or 7 are just waiting for the year their number comes up) and did passably at Wigan. Burnley fans can't have it both ways - last week Whelan was a member of the lunatic fringe that no-one in their right mind could work with. Which is what the self-justifying Coyle says. The highly-regarded Rosler couldn't do any better - in fact he did worse.

He couldn't afford too many more fails, no matter how reasonable the excuses might be, but I'm not suprrised clubs are interested in him.

jordan12rhodes
05-12-2014, 12:11 AM
if a good job comes up in the south(perhaps even the midlands), he`ll be gone imo..

cloughyclaret
05-12-2014, 12:37 AM
So your average is

:-Good job (with limited context)
:- Miracle with us
: - Ok at Bolton
: - Passable at Wigan

What clubs are interested in him?

davemanu2000
05-12-2014, 05:26 AM
previously I had a great liking for Owen Coyle .reasons are that he brought Burnley to the PL and initiallyBurbley did pretty well by defeating big clubs like MU and Everton .Unfortunately by leaving Burnley in the middle of the season gave me a great dislike for him .he is not a man of high integrity and his greediness to opt for Bolton prove that he is a honest man . besides he took with him someplayers and the coaching staff .From "GOD' he was nicknames appropriately "SATAN".he was divinely punished when he was shown the by both Bolton and Wigan . since then he is like a "stray dog"seeking from a similar job from one ofthe clubs of any division .

We cannot forget this episode in the history of Burnley .Dyche is totally different .It was a big surprise to me when he brought Burnley to PL by automatic promotion . He never spent big money in the transfer market .of course he had to seek some players when we acceded to PL .I can adamantly say that Dyche is a man of high principles ,o

andy_1986
05-12-2014, 06:08 AM
It depends on Dyche's

davemanu2000
05-12-2014, 06:45 AM
To read not a honest man .i do not mean Owen Coyle is a honest man .

realistblue
05-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Of course he would, perhaps with a little more integrity, the real question is would you begrudge him a move? The best he's going to get is a west brom or maybe a villa.

The only constant at any club are fans.

DiBraidio
05-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Peter_Nobles_Wig, Owen Coyle showed his colours on the day of the play off finals. Right through the promotion celebrations he refused to distance himself from the link with Celtic.

Allegedly he only stayed because he wanted his promotion bonus which he would have lost if he'd gone to Celtic in May.

I didn't trust Coyle from then on, it was obvious that he was waiting for the first chance to cash in on his success at Burnley.

The problem that we face is that when Dyche does leave he'll take his team with him, we need to make sure that there is a legacy from all the hard work that they've done.

NottsClaret
05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
As long as we don't call Brian again if 'Dyche does a Coyle', then I'm ok.

fatboy47
05-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Coyle's shifty responses to Campbell's blundering gormless questioning on the Town Hall balcony were pretty transparent to anyone with even a basic grasp of psycology/body language.

They basically said.. ""balls to this small-town malarkey, i'm big-time now and offski as soon as someone can up the ante status-wise ""

g69
05-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Malarkey
Offski
Likey
UTC