PDA

View Full Version : Tough December - is 3 points a must on Saturday

moggybfc
05-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Looking at our fixtures coming up, do you think 3 points is a "must" on Saturday.

I feel that any points against Saints, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle is a Bonus.

ClaretTony2014
05-12-2014, 10:33 AM
I doubt there's a must win game in December

moggybfc
05-12-2014, 10:36 AM
It already been classed as a 6 pointer though

ClaretTony2014
05-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Not even half way through the season. It would be good to win and it is more of a key game than any other up to January. But no way is it a must win.

jojomk1
05-12-2014, 10:43 AM
'Arry was twitching this week when he described it as a 6 pointer

SiClaret
05-12-2014, 10:46 AM
It goes without saying, there are no easy games in this division and ideally is a game we would hope to get something from.

However, if you are looking at a tough run of games, dont look at or fixtures from February into April when we have Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a), Swansea (h), Liverpool (a), Man City (h), Southampton (a), Spurs (h), Arsenal (h) and Everton (a), before we then start playing teams you would generally consider our direct relegation rivals.

Onwards and upwards, and without wishing to cause offence I would still rather be watching and competing against these teams week in week out than Brighton, Birmingham, Charlton, Reading, Millwall et al.

ksrclaret
05-12-2014, 10:56 AM
3 points for either side tomorrow would be very useful in that not only is it a win but also takes points off a team around them at the bottom.

Looking at QPR's fixtures though, after us they have home games against Palace and West Brom to come in December whereas we enter a run of very tough fixtures. What with their win against Leicester last week, I can sort of understand why a victory for us tomorrow could be quite important.

It's a difficult one, but I agree that it isn't the sort of end of season must win game by any means. Still plenty of points after this one to play for!

Jamb0MackemClaret
05-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I think it's a really significant game psychologically in that if we beat QPR, who have a good record at home, it will plant a lot of doubts for them. It's probably more important for us that we don't get beat, but a win would be absolutely massive. These games against relegation rivals are the ones we really need to be up for as losing the so-called six pointers last time really cost us in the end.

stevie_thunder
05-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Other than having a good striker like Austin in form, I see nothing to fear. They don't appear to be any better than they were last year when we comfortably finished above them.

garfunkal
05-12-2014, 05:16 PM
I take it you didn't see them play against Liverpool and Man City , Stevie , when they were unfortunate not to take 6 points , tomorrow will be just as tough as any other game in December

SussexDon1
05-12-2014, 05:48 PM
i went there last season in that thrilling 3-3 draw when Stanislas nearly nicked it for us at the end. I am concerned that they will get good quality crosses into our box and may score at least once so we have to score tomorrow and although Ings is playing well we clearly miss Vokesey.

Anyway can't make tomorrow but will be willing the team on. Hope Keano and Shacks can keep Charlie quiet.

I would take a draw.

UTC!