25-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Relegation
To finish 1 point above 23rd place in Tier 4:-
47 points are enough in 60% of seasons
49 points are enough in 70% of seasons
50 points are enough in 80% of seasons
51 points are enough in 90% of seasons
52 points are enough in 100% of seasons

There appear to be people who think that a reasonable set of results will soon have the effect of us rapidly climbing the table. Err ... other teams can also get points.

Last season Morecambe finished 18th on 54 points.
To reach 54 points we need 33 points from our remaining 25 games. That ratio of points per match would make us the 9th best team in Tier 4.

FellowTraveler
26-12-2014, 04:10 PM
This is lining up to be a ambient season on the bottom.

Meaning it will be somewhere in the 40% not discussed.

The bottom seems quite soft this year with Hartepool leading the dive

FellowTraveler
26-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Quark: By the way. The points total needed to be out of relegation is the same number as 23rd place total.

I hope, you are using that number not the 22nd place number. Giving the hours you clearly spend at this.

Springfield Quark
26-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I am cutting out the goal difference factor. The aim is to be 1 point better than 23rd. At no point do I use statistics about 22nd place, only 23rd.

So my statistics are simply and clearly stated. Those are the number of points needed to finish 1 point above 23rd place, the extra 1 point is in each total.

Jay1
27-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Quark,
Your stastics are based on how many seasons ? Stastics are only an overview of history (past) they do not reflect a team in freefall, clueless, or no @ucking idea how to score, or defend.
You may as well have come up with the Carlisle Sunday League stastics for the last 40 years because it would have the same effect as the crap you have already written... I fact do the stats for the Sunday league as it will keep you busy and we won't have to read any crap that you would have written for a while...GET ON THE BUS AND GET CURLE THE SACK

Springfield Quark
27-12-2014, 09:42 PM
They are based on the last 10 seasons. They are simply the truth about trends. Going back much further than that takes us into a different era.