PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve in Newcastle

brockpadiham
30-12-2014, 09:28 AM
For thoses going up for New years eve, which pubs are everyone thinking about going to?.We're thinking about starting around the Haymarket and heading towards central station for the pubs around there.

what_no_pies
30-12-2014, 11:15 AM
House Party. Wouldn't dream of going out for New Years and those spots would be at the bottom of my list if I did. Enjoy!

fatboy47
30-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Hard to think of a worse way of spending NYE than crammed up against a bar, fighting for over-priced drinks with hordes of tanked-up scroats and general Geordie low-life, and sliding from bar to bar on pats of vomit and puked-up or discarded curries left by know-nowts who think it's clever being blotto by 8pm.

House party for me too...in a quiet village with a dozen or so close friends and their families. Most Scots know what Hogmanay is about, apart from the usual neds making a din in Glasgow centre.

stanleyj
30-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Yes how awful spending new years eve in a busy pub.Probably full of those chavs that sing and chant at matches about t#ts fanny and clarets.How dare they create a atmosphere.Local art gallery for me.