PDA

View Full Version : Bruce not going to Newcastle

oldcolner
31-12-2014, 10:07 AM
BBC says he wants to stay at Hull and Steve McLaren is happy at Derby .. When/ if a vacancy arises at Newcastle. - view external link (www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30640919)

stevie_thunder
31-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Most managers are "staying put" just before they leave aren't they?

One particular former Burnley manager springs to mind.

the_quoon
31-12-2014, 10:26 AM
bruce is due a move.

i'd expect him to pitch up at newcastle despite what he's said.

NUMANdroid
31-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Bruce baffles me. As a manager, just what has he achieved? Promotion from the second tier with a blank cheque to throw at it?

I don't rate him as highly as the media do. I wouldn't want him at the Turf. What credentials does he have that would have Newcastle interested in taking him? When I have watched his teams in the past, they've been dire entertainment, lacking imagination and desire, and yet he bounces from pay cheque to pay cheque.

:?

So we need him to stay at Hull.. LOL

stevie_thunder
31-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Below average, ex-Sunderland manager + volatile, deluded fans = hours of fun for football fans everywhere.

oldcolner
31-12-2014, 10:33 AM
If her s so keen to stay why has he only 6 months left on his contract?

Peter_Nobles_Wig
31-12-2014, 10:37 AM
I love watching Steve Bruce... especially when they've lost and the belligerent little **** can't hold his temper back! Long may he continue to entertain. My favourites for the drop come May.

oldcolner
31-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Mirror says Ashley considering offering job to Carver so tomorrow will be important for him to show he can do it.

Jamb0MackemClaret
31-12-2014, 10:55 AM
"Bruce baffles me. As a manager, just what has he achieved? Promotion from the second tier with a blank cheque to throw at it?"

It's not easy to get promoted even with a "blank cheque" as various Championship clubs have found. He also kept them up very easily despite a drop in form towards the end of the season, got them to the FA Cup final and gave Arsenal a real scare in the final. Newcastle want someone solid and reliable who will deliver mid-table finishes. Bruce seems to fit the bill to me.