PDA

View Full Version : ot ibs - ukrain

walter10
02-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Just wondering your thoughts.

I know you expressed a desire that Russia would do the US and EU economies over regarding sanctions to Ukraine. The reality is the rouble has halved in value on the foreign exchange markets due to sanctions and falling oil prices. With Russia importing more than 50% of its consumer goods inflation is spiralling. It is hitting the Russian middle classes hardest. The majority blame Putin (according to a Russian I met a few weeks ago travelling in the middle east) and are ready for a regime change more sympathetic to the west. Interesting if it happens.

And the conspiracy theory that mid east oil producers conspired with the US to keep supply high and drive the price down and force the regime change.

the_idiotb_stardson
02-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Walter, I am not sure I made a comment on sanctions.

I did say the Ukraine uprising was wrong and I suggested that the EU and America made huge efforts to de-stabilise the country before during and after the violence.

Regarding Putin in general, for around two years he has been lined up to be ousted and you are right events seem to suggest change is in the air.

Regarding conspiracy theories and oil companies, well anything is possible. The companies and businesses are the real global players, not politicians.

I have to admit though the Russian economy is not something I have followed in detail, although it is now making the news. on a regular.You seem to have a lot more knowledge on the subject than I have.

What do you think about the mid east oil producers working with the US?

walter10
02-01-2015, 09:52 AM
As a business it is in your best interests to align yourself with your main customer base and conspire against your competitors. So absolutely no surprise the mid east oil producers would work with the US.

What surprised me though while talking to people in the middle east is the depth of support for the US. Maybe though that is just the people I spoke to. Equally the depth of hate for Islamist Extremist Groups like IS.

the_idiotb_stardson
03-01-2015, 11:21 AM
That's very interesting Walter and I have to say I am a little surprised about the support for the US though not the animosity towards ISIS.