PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth gate will be very low

Deepmidwinter
02-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Just been to get my ticket for tomorrow. Young lad who served me said they had sold about three and a half thousand. They are expecting about 200 from Bournemouth so we could be looking at 5500 tops.

TimeforAle
02-01-2015, 12:02 PM
If that

millersrus
02-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Expect 6K+... Long break fans excuse to get out

Deepmidwinter
02-01-2015, 12:18 PM

There will have to be a lot of people paying on the gate then

ColinRUFC
02-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I don't get it. Fans moan about the magic of the cup being ruined by the Premier League. And yet they can't be bothered to turn out for a 3rd round tie without a Premier League club in sight.

Should be a sell out. Fans deserve for the FA cup to die if this is how they treat it.

millersrus
02-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Since we moved to NYS, we have been well supported in cup games.

dalemiller
02-01-2015, 01:28 PM
I don't get it. Fans moan about the magic of the cup being ruined by the Premier League. And yet they can't be bothered to turn out for a 3rd round tie without a Premier League club in sight.

Should be a sell out. Fans deserve for the FA cup to die if this is how they treat it.

Some of us are bothered about going ,but other things get in the way like ...WORK !!!!

BradfordFozzie
02-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Some of us are bothered about going ,but other things get in the way like ...WORK !!!![/quote]

So does WORK only affect cup games? :P :P

swintondude
02-01-2015, 02:32 PM
For me its five reasons

1. Can't be arsed

2. Cup means very little

3. Extra cost on top of season ticket

4. I'm plastic

5. Club have evicted me from my seat to save a few bob

redandgreen
02-01-2015, 02:49 PM

Some of us are bothered about going ,but other things get in the way like ...WORK !!!![/quote]

So does WORK only affect cup games? :P :P[/quote]

Yes, except when it's against Manure, Handball City, wendy etc.

I wonder if those who aren't interested bothered to find out who we had been drawn against.
as Colin said, no wonder the FA Cup is dying if fans won't go watch their side in the 3rd round even at reduced prices.

frogmiller
02-01-2015, 02:52 PM

Was Rotherham v Northampton Town the last time we had a crowd for a FA cup game at home. Before that it'd probably be Newcastle.

redandgreen
02-01-2015, 02:56 PM

Was Rotherham v Northampton Town the last time we had a crowd for a FA cup game at home. Before that it'd probably be Newcastle.[/quote]

Last season we had the second highest crowd of all the first round ties and the highest crowd in the second round and at full league prices!

frogmiller
02-01-2015, 02:59 PM

Was Rotherham v Northampton Town the last time we had a crowd for a FA cup game at home. Before that it'd probably be Newcastle.[/quote]

Last season we had the second highest crowd of all the first round ties and the highest crowd in the second round and at full league prices![/quote]

What was the gate R&D?

redandgreen
02-01-2015, 03:06 PM

Last season we had the second highest crowd of all the first round ties and the highest crowd in the second round and at full league prices![/quote]

What was the gate R&D?[/quote]

Without looking them up 8,000 ish v Bratfud (Grimsby v Scunny was only one higher)and less than 5,000 v Rochdale. Shows how some fans have turned their back on the FA Cup

CrackersATM
02-01-2015, 03:37 PM
It's a shame but I think there will be empty seats against Bournemouth. I get season ticket holders don't fancy paying to watch a team we are playing in a fortnight. But the club have reduced prices and compare NYS to DVS then hopefully some fans will make an effort. Its an ideal opportunity for families who haven't been yet or can't get seats together at big games to go. Every game can be a big match if we back the team and TS in decent numbers.

UTM!

dalemiller
02-01-2015, 05:17 PM

So does WORK only affect cup games? :P :P[/quote]

No it's already got in the way of five league matches, and will do again during the rest of the season

millertop
02-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Some have reason but most are "can't be bothered to get behind the players for cup games" :/ but I'm sure they will be there if we get a Prem game and getting a big head :/

I'll be there as always :D

millertop
02-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Neil Swarbrick is the Ref :s

Bolton v Millers last time we had him

Brin
02-01-2015, 06:31 PM

Here here Dale otherwise I would have been there...