PDA

View Full Version : A contender for the strangest loan move ever!

jvmiller
02-01-2015, 05:30 PM
So Anthony Wordsworth is back at Ipswich after a five-month loan spell at Rotherham.

He has not been seen since Norwich away, someone send a search party out, and it's fair to say he won't be coming back.

Here's the curious case of Anthony Wordsworth's loan spell with the Millers. - view external link (http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2015/01/the-curious-case-of-anthony-wordsworths.html)

CrackersATM
02-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Whats strange about a loan player making 3 starts and 3 sub appearances before picking up a calf injury and not playing again. How many starts have our 2 record signings made? It wont be many more.

UTM!

Lasterman
02-01-2015, 08:24 PM
On the contrary. Par for the course I'd say. What's far more strange in my view are the signings of Brandy, Newton, Sadler and Woods who have pretty much never had a kick. If we were going to play loan players in front of them, why bother paying their wages?

jvmiller
03-01-2015, 11:27 AM
The calf injury was only picked up at the beginning of December, he played in a reserve fixture on November 26. He'd been out of the reckoning two months by then after initially being part of the squad. That's why I think it's strange that the move was not cancelled before.

tony260674
03-01-2015, 11:31 AM
He did okayish at first but as more loanees came in he was always going to suffer from the rules regarding the maximum amount of temporary players in the matchday squad. If we were to drop down he might be worth another look if the wage was right.