PDA

View Full Version : F**k the wage structure

luvpud
03-01-2015, 07:24 PM
That's right f**k it because we are never going to sign any decent players paying peanuts in wages .i know we don't want to go back in debt like we were before but here's the reality of it .
This squad isn't good enough we need several additions to it and unless the club are prepared to meet their wage demands they are not going to join us .
It is good that Steve Evans doesn't want to shell out big wages but in our position the truth is if we don't break the wage structure and get some quality players in we will go down , get new blood in and we may still go down but we may also have a better chance of staying up .
The choice is simple staying up means a lot more revenue in the championship than in league 1 . I'm not saying blow tens of thousands on wages but we have lost out on good players when they want maybe just a little more than our wage structure dictates .
If we go down without trying it seems to me there wasn't any point in trying to get promotion in the first place I know

ghost_of_dusty_m
03-01-2015, 07:32 PM
No its just about cutting ones cloth accordingly - instead of a massive squad with a low wage budget have a small squad with a healthier wage budget. The spend will be roughly the same but with better quality players whilst maintaining dressing room harmony. Loans and youth team help through injuries.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-01-2015, 07:47 PM
12K a week could sign someone decent?

Derbyshire 7k and Loach 5k.

He's had money and he's wasted it and will continue to waste it more than likely and if we're not careful the reality is we will end up in the sh!t again. :/ :s - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110390512)

block5upper
03-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi Amanda can you tell me how much Bowery is on because i think he's stealing a wage ???? seeing as you do the contract negotiations. Or in the real world you haven't got a fecking clue.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Bowery as I've posted before is on around 6k a week. I wouldn't post it if I didn't know for sure as I don't lie. Feel free to believe what you want as I don't give a toss.

PeteWaller
03-01-2015, 08:28 PM
To have a rigid wage structure in the Championship is niaive and won't work

loyalmiller
03-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Loach is on 5k a week? Who the fcck agreed that!

Guessing we'd have had to pay the majority of that whilst he wasn't pulling any roses up whilst on loan at Bury too!

dalemiller
03-01-2015, 08:48 PM
[quote="luvpud"]That's right f**k it because we are never going to sign any decent players paying peanuts in wages .i know we don't want to go back in debt like we were before but here's the reality of it .
This squad isn't good enough we need several additions to it and unless the club are prepared to meet their wage demands they are not going to join us .
It is good that Steve Evans doesn't want to shell out big wages but in our position the truth is if we don't break the wage structure and get some quality players in we will go down , get new blood in and we may still go down but we may also have a better chance of staying up .
The choice is simple staying up means a lot more revenue in the championship than in league 1 . I'm not saying blow tens of thousands on wages but we have lost out on good players when they want maybe just a little more than our wage structure dictates .
If we go down without trying it seems to me there wasn't any point in tryin

Brin
03-01-2015, 09:24 PM
[quote="dalemiller"]That's right f**k it because we are never going to sign any decent players paying peanuts in wages .i know we don't want to go back in debt like we were before but here's the reality of it .
If we go down without tryin

luvpud
03-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself brin.
I don't mean spend thousands but sometimes a cherry on top of the cake might just be the deal clincher , and before anyone says it I don't mean brown envelopes either .

Casper64Frank
03-01-2015, 11:12 PM
We need to offload a few before even thinking about the wage structure.
Crowds of 9,500 will not sustain a decent wage budget even for one special player as we all know decent players come at a premium.
Lets see what SE can do this next few weeks and judge him and the team at the end of the season.

thrilller_miller
04-01-2015, 09:01 AM
It's been said already but I think it's obvious where we have shot ourselves in the foot. 20, 21 players is it we've signed? And how many have actually improved the squad? 3, 4? Not good enough at all and it's fustrating for for fans.

Agard wanted another couple of grand a week and we got rid, and then we sign players like Brandy who have never cut it with SUFC in league 1, who'll be on 4k at least a week. I think when we go down this season fans will start pointing the fingers and it won't be a happy place

jolly_roger
04-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Bowery as I've posted before is on around 6k a week. I wouldn't post it if I didn't know for sure as I don't lie. Feel free to believe what you want as I don't give a toss.

Even if he is on average wages for the club he's not earning it.

Ditto JCH

riccallmiller
04-01-2015, 11:40 AM
i would get rid of Bowery Loach, Brindley JCH Green and maybe Derbyshire and Pringle and bring 5 in 2 strikers 2 defenders and a midfielder. All with pace

swintondude
04-01-2015, 11:43 AM
i would get rid of Bowery Loach, Brindley JCH Green and maybe Derbyshire and Pringle and bring 5 in 2 strikers 2 defenders and a midfielder. All with pace

MAYBE Derbyshire, feck me nearly 700 mins without a goal and its a maybe!

dmentor
04-01-2015, 11:47 AM
That first chance he missed yesterday,skied it in center of the goal from 3yrds,:blue:

UpTheMillers_Wrighty
04-01-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm struggling to see what people are complaining about:
19th / Rotherham / 24 played / -9 / 26pts.

We are above the relegation zone with a pretty small budget and small ground.
All the teams around us, including Blackpool can attract quality (players and managers) due to being in this devision for some time. WE CANNOT!

We are halfway through the season and 1pt over halfway to 50pts.

I dont know what people on here expect is going to change!!!

UTM

PeteWaller
04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
The whole infrastructure is set up for Lge 1 not Championship.

We have to invest to expand capacity to 16,000 - it would be self financing within a few years. That's a minimum and then our revenues would grow.

If we don't make the investment in the Stadium and new permanent players we will go down and we will have shown that an opportunity to grow the club and become a sustainable Championship club has been thrown away. I applaud what TS has done but if he can't or won't bankroll the club any further he should seek additional backing. If not then the message is clear to all fans.

It's not about going bust again, it's about planning, forward planning and vision.

Increase the capacity and let kids in for 1. Parents will still spend on programmes, sweets, pop and burgers and you have your new fans following on the tradition. There are some big games in the Champs with big away followings - we should capitalise on that.

leedsmiller
04-01-2015, 12:37 PM
It's true we're not in a hopeless position in the league and we've not been overwhelmed by any of the so-called big teams. But the point is we're a club that was always going to struggle to compete financially. As such we needed to ensure that every penny counted and was spent wisely and effectively. The result has been quite the opposite, we have wasted thousands, hundreds of thousands, that we can ill-afford and despite the numerous players we've signed not one can be said to be of genuine Championship quality. Hence the bulk of the team remains that which played in Leagues 1 and 2. This is calamitous and could be the reason we're back playing League 1 football next season.

Evans needs to get it right over the next four weeks - and this time we can't afford any more passengers

CrackersATM
04-01-2015, 04:11 PM
I think the title to this post is misleading. It looks like to me SE has wasted a large amount on wages for squad players who never looked like cutting it. In the summer though SE quoted words to the effect most of his signings have something to prove and their contracts are performance related so nobody will cost us a fortune in the reserves.

I think the problem is bringing in too many players. I get it when he came to the club he hadn't signed any of the players he inherited but 3 close seasons on the bounce plus endless loan signings. Looking at the Premiership Chelsea bought in 3 or 4 quality players and are challenging for the title. Liverpool applied the SE scattergun approach and are miles behind where they were last season. Any team can only have 11 players on the pitch and 7 on the bench. So once you get pass the 20 mark it should really be topped up with kids. Why pay 4 or 5K a week for 5 or 6 players who you can't even put on the bench when everybody is fit. If you have an