PDA

View Full Version : Bowery

Donald_Valley
03-01-2015, 07:29 PM
I don't like to single players out but I think he deserves a special mention.

I know a lot of CFC fans who claim they never rated him but I always thought it was because he up and left them for Villa. However, I've seen absolutely nothing from him. Lazy, ponderous, no pace, can't head, can't pass, can't shoot...

Utter joke. Stealing a living.

How on earth did he ever get a move to Villa?

ph100564
03-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Got to agree.
Just doesn't seem bothered
Then again neither do some of his team mates.

leedsmiller
03-01-2015, 07:34 PM

They thought he had 'potential', so did we, seems we were both wrong!

ida
03-01-2015, 07:37 PM

They thought he had 'potential', so did we, seems we were both wrong![/quote]

Spot on. Oh **** that goes for JCH too..,

pringle, oh dear. Heads Are going to roll

Donald_Valley
03-01-2015, 07:39 PM

They thought he had 'potential', so did we, seems we were both wrong![/quote]

Yep! Still 750k for potential seems a lot. I actually would play Derbyshire in front of him everyday because although he misses everything at least he get there to miss em!

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Was actually warned off a Miller on one of the facebook pages that he was a bad signing, wasn't sure myself but he doesn't look owt special and he's on around 6k a week.

crashbang
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM
If I get a chance to play. I will miss as many for 3 grand.

redhouse
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
I think he looks better coming off the bench rather than starting a game

deMiller
03-01-2015, 08:38 PM
I thought Bowery was half decent in patches today. A lot better in the air and with his hold up play doing the job of Revell even though his playing style isnt really with his head. I still think this lad has potential and although isnt rapid is neither slow and is a powerful kid too.
I think of him as a baby giraffe at times as he doesnt really know what his feet are doing but I think there is more to come from Bowery,

He has a better record than Derbyshire so starts before him any day for me.
Cant complain about this young lad on 5k a week when there is poor old Derbyshire on 7k a week who hasnt scored a goal for us yet!

Brin
03-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I thought Bowery was half decent in patches today. A lot better in the air and with his hold up play doing the job of Revell even though his playing style isnt really with his head. I still think this lad has potential and although isnt rapid is neither slow and is a powerful kid too.
I think of him as a baby giraffe at times as he doesnt really know what his feet are doing but I think there is more to come from Bowery,

He has a better record than Derbyshire so starts before him any day for me.
Cant complain about this young lad on 5k a week when there is poor old Derbyshire on 7k a week who hasnt scored a goal for us yet!

Bigger disappointment than the long chased Tubbs!

wrinkly
03-01-2015, 09:29 PM

Well he has scored 1 goal. His penalty against Fleetwood.

I remember him shoving Agard out of the way to take the penalty kick. I was happy with that at the time. Agard didn't want to play for us and Derbyshire was marking his territory as our new marksman. At least that's the way I saw it at the time. Since then Derbyshire has looked like he'll never score again.

I remember one game earlier in the season when Evans put on the third sub. Derbyshire chucked his bib into the dugout disgusted that it wasn't him. Such petulance can be forgiven if, when you get the chance, you prove the manager wrong. Derbyshire has had the chances to show he deserves a regular place. He has certainly not taken them.

Derbymiller
03-01-2015, 09:36 PM
I think that this is a shocking post and shows what crap fans we have. The lad has hardly played and anyone that knows anything about football knows players need a run of games

DavidR__9
03-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Odd player, Bowery.

Sometimes the ball looks completely alien to him, it bobbles away as his foot recoils in horror. And then sometimes he'll control, turn and glide into a pocket of space with real grace.

Sometimes he dashes with real aggression. And then others he'll watch a ball he could win go a few feet past where we could challenge for it.

He's tall, but seemingly incapable of winning a header. He's supposedly fast, but never seems able to get free of his man.

And yet. He's a real athlete, you can see that and he has that forward's way of getting an extra little spring in his step around the penalty area, like he relishes being there (which is why his deep role today was puzzling).

I suspect, like Grabban, he might be a late bloomer. I wonder if it'll be with us if he is.

wrinkly
03-01-2015, 09:40 PM
I think that this is a shocking post and shows what crap fans we have. The lad has hardly played and anyone that knows anything about football knows players need a run of games

Which post?

JohnLeedsMiller
03-01-2015, 09:47 PM

Agreed. He wasn't good at all today but I think he can get better with time, unlike Derby****e. The problem is we don't have time. The ball doesn't stick when it comes to him. Thats what we were missing today, someone to hold the ball up. No respite from their attacks.

nymiller95
03-01-2015, 10:14 PM
I think he has loads of potential just hasn't been given a fair run of game time and also not used in right way for us

Casper64Frank
03-01-2015, 10:47 PM
I think he has loads of potential just hasn't been given a fair run of game time and also not used in right way for us

Agree but some of his problems could stem from the coaching staff.

UTM.

Bambmiller
03-01-2015, 11:20 PM
As an ex striker I will say that Bowery has some control of the ball, anticipates fairly well and is willing to work. jCH today was embarrassing, no movement, control, work ethic or understanding of the game. I know he's young but he needs to learn quick otherwise he is no good to us. I would be interested in hearing from the constant Revell knockers as well!!!

On a more positive note, I still believe we will stay up.

Donald_Valley
04-01-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry if I shocked some of the more sensitive souls on here but I express my opinions based on what I see. I'm shocked we have shelled out good money on Bowery and I question how much research we actually did on this guy other than being dazzled by his previous move to Villa. I also question this guys desire and application the to cause.

Evans signed him before we adopted this new style therefore I assume he was purchased to fit in with the hard working and energetic style we had before - well, if that's the case Evans must be reeling with shock. Yes, he can control a ball but not when anyone is in close proximity. Yes he can glide into space but not where there is any threat to the opponent.

If I'm a crap fan then so be it - my interest is only in RUFC not any of the individual players particularly those who don't put in the effort.

riccallmiller
04-01-2015, 11:47 AM
I agree Bowery had a poor game today but he was excellent compared to JCH who i would have taken off very early on. This kid is blessed with pace but failed to close down at all and we may as well as played with 10 men. I could not believe it when he appeared for the 2nd half. We need him out on loan or better still off the wage bill, no excuse for lazy players.

bogsdollox
04-01-2015, 12:38 PM
So with those attributes he fits in perfectly with the rest of the team !

redandgreen
04-01-2015, 01:21 PM
unfortunately, you'd think he was trying to control a superball the way it bounces away from him.