PDA

View Full Version : Hi Millers

AFCB1
03-01-2015, 08:47 PM
AFCB fan here in peace.
Good to hear positive comments about our team as opposed to drivel from Ipswich, Brighton, Norwich fans that we "bought success", "will fail FFP" "played them on an off day" ( it's amazing how many teams we have played that had an off day:D ) Anyway the point is our club owes Steve Evans a favour ( long story ) so I wonder if he would try and get any of our squad player on loan? ( You can't have them all, don't be greedyXD ) Maybe the lad who got our first goal?
Well good luck for the rest of the season apart from two weeks time. Hope you stay up!!!

gramiller1959
03-01-2015, 08:58 PM
welcome to millers mad

loyalmiller
03-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Best team I've seen in our three seasons at the NYS and a Wednesday fan mate of mine says you're the best team he's seen at Hillsborough too so...

Out of interest, how does your club owe Evans a favour? I thought everyone apart from us hated him.

wrinkly
03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the good wishes AFCB1

I'll reciprocate and wish you all the best in your promotion quest. I for one will be delighted if you do it.

Without wishing to be accused of spouting drivel, I think you did catch us on an off day. In fact the second half today was imo the worst we've played since we moved into the new stadium. in part this was caused by your pressure but the number of unforced errors from our side was a disgrace today.

Perhaps you have, to some extent, "bought success" but so what? If you have the money to fund big signings and big wage bills, without risking financial meltdown, good luck to you. Buying success is the norm in modern day football, at any level.

Although we were dire I wouldn't want to take anything away from your performance. I think you are the best team we have played this season - men against boys unfortunately :blue:

I fear for us in the forthcoming league match but who knows?

AFCB1
03-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Well we had a player Steve Fletcher, not great but AFCB through and through. One of the managers let him go after about 16 seasons. He went to Chesterfield, then Crawley. When Eddie took over as manager first time round, his first signing was bringing Fletch back. Evans could have stopped it but he let him come back. It gave the club a massive lift and he went on to score the goal that kept us in the league.

AFCB1
03-01-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure if we have " bought success" as much as built a stable team. We had a count the other day and 8 of the side that played were in our team in div 1 two seasons before. We paid big money ( by our standards ) for Wilson but we received more for selling Grabban.
Wages wise, I'm not sure what we pay I am just a fan. What I do know is that Grabban, after turning down a move in Jan and signing an improved contract, was off to Norwich on a lot more than we were paying six months later.

JohnLeedsMiller
03-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Agree with Loyalmiller, best team I have seen at NYS... and that was the reserves.

dmentor
04-01-2015, 11:42 AM
AFCB1,you enjoy it while it lasts,fair play to you,brilliant team,way above anything i have seen this season.

redandgreen
04-01-2015, 01:30 PM
A combination of Bournemouth's reserves being excellant and our first team being awful.
Compare Bournemouth's passing game, to ours even when SE was boasting about it. Their equaliser came from what seemed four minutes of possession where they remained patient whilst they probed for the chance and with good movement slid a player in with and open goal. When we were playing possession football recently, there was no end product, the move would break down with an overhit pass or trying to play it too tight on the edge of the box and being tackled.
Their other goals came from moving the ball quickly and players losing their markers and running into space, something that we don't do.
And finally, their workrate was fantastic, they defended from the front, pressurising our defenders and they kept going for goals when the game was well won.

riccallmiller
04-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Best side ive seen at the NYS without doubt. Could have won by many more if goal difference was an issue im sure they would have. We need to play with 5 in midfield for the return.

pollittburo
04-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Have to commend your staff for their progressive thinking. They seem to be building not only a squad with a dynamic and exciting style of play but one which is at the same time sustainable. Hats off pal.

MarkThomas
04-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Bournemouth's first goal came after the most clever period of possession football I've seen at NYS this season. They kept possession for the best part of 5 minutes, rotating it quickly and each time they made a forward pass they inched closer and closer to our penalty area. It's what the very best teams do systematically with the effect that gradually you end up defending on your penalty spot, as we did.

gramiller1959
04-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Bournemouth's first goal came after the most clever period of possession football I've seen at NYS this season. They kept possession for the best part of 5 minutes, rotating it quickly and each time they made a forward pass they inched closer and closer to our penalty area. It's what the very best teams do systematically with the effect that gradually you end up defending on your penalty spot, as we did.

we do that but we go sideways and backwards and then hoof it :s

AFCB1
05-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Again many thanks for the warm comments.
Having ( the same as most of you I expect ) been watching lower league football all my life ( us lot are proper fans lol ) I am going to enjoy this while it lasts. We are so lucky to have married our first ever bit of real investment with an exceptional management team at the same time and that doesn't often happen. Our Russian, whilst not in Abramovichs league is undoubtably a massive help.
There is obviously a lot of doom and gloom on your board at the moment and it's not my place to comment too much. However the quick play that set up the chance for Derbyshire ( I know he should have buried it ) shows your side can do it. Keep the faith, cheer your team on ( that can turn a game) bitch on here if they aint no good, but support them at the ground. Good luck on hitting that magic fifty points that should keep you up.