PDA

View Full Version : Selling Revell would be a disaster

moorgatemiller
04-01-2015, 08:50 AM
I know Alex Revell is not a prolific goal scorer but in a two up front with a natural finisher, he is an essential part of the team. Remember how good we looked when Becchio has getting fit and Revell was laying the ball on to him.

Revell is the only forward at the club that can hold the ball up and head to someone, not head anywhere. He also gives 100% every match and values having the millers shirt. The jury is out on whether some of the other strikers do!

I would happily lose Derbyshire and Bowery but not Revell. We will live to regret it if we sell him.

rawmarshred
04-01-2015, 09:48 AM
I know Alex Revell is not a prolific goal scorer but in a two up front with a natural finisher, he is an essential part of the team. Remember how good we looked when Becchio has getting fit and Revell was laying the ball on to him.

Revell is the only forward at the club that can hold the ball up and head to someone, not head anywhere. He also gives 100% every match and values having the millers shirt. The jury is out on whether some of the other strikers do!

I would happily lose Derbyshire and Bowery but not Revell. We will live to regret it if we sell him. God, this man sounds amazing!. Is he for sale?, how much, what team does he currently play for?. We need him now. Our target man doesn't win headers, falls down, needs a roundabout to turn, falls down and can't run. Then spends the rest of the time with his arms in the air complaining about a tackle. Then falls down. We would certainly benefit from signing the target ma

moorgatemiller
04-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Football is all about opinions and time will tell who was correct. I am sad however that someone who has given a lot to the club and done his best is described like that. It is a good job my target man and not yours played at Wembley or we would still be in League 1.

dmentor
04-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Rawmarshred,you need just to sit back and take stock a little,the thing about Alex Revell is he makes a nuisance of himself,and defender's have to be aware he's about,with the front two that played yesterday,it was like a walk in the park for there defender's,Alex is never going to be everyone's cup of tea,but to his credit he never give's in,the second half performance must have hurt every Miller that was there,i hope SE can bring in the necessary additions to the team,we are crying out for them,its going to be a hell of a long season without them,it just goes to prove just how much the last four loan signing's improved the team,i will be at Brentford on Saturday,and looking for a much more improved performance,then its the return game against Bournemouth in the league,let's hope for a different outcome from yesterday.

riccallmiller
04-01-2015, 11:35 AM
I would certainly play Revell ahead of any of our current forwards and would get rid of both Bowery and JCH on monday if any club wants them. Both are way out of there depth and shrink when going up for a 50/50 header. Harris is not interested in closing down and should be shown the door ASAP.

PokerMillersSwinton
04-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Revell. Too slow wins the odd header probably best out of the 4 we have.But no where near to this level.

Clarke-Harris Still young has pace and at the moment at little out of his depth but certainly a good buy and one for the future. If we go down he will get 25 next season.

Derbyshire Waste of money did not take his chance when he got those 3 or 4 game starts. Missed sitters, Looks completely off his game and out of confidence. Sell now.

Bowrey. Not sure what he offers to be honest has the build tall, strong and has a bit of pace. Sell or loan out to give him confidence.

Evans has a massive job to sort those 4 out .Lets see if he can earn his money.I am the most positive when it comes to the millers but iam beginning to doubt now.

millertop
04-01-2015, 01:32 PM
There's no way Evans will sell Revell this season, why do you even think he would? :s

Evans does need to know when to use him though, I think 90 mins in the championship is too much for him

caytonmiller
04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Derbyshire Waste of money did not take his chance when he got those 3 or 4 game starts. Missed sitters, Looks completely off his game and out of confidence. Sell now.

im all for people having an opinion but ones like this make me chuckle.. is it a frustration post? did you actually read what you said?

let me brake it down for you.
"waste of money" "missed sitters" "sell now" fair enough opinion

then you say
"looks completely off his game and out of confidence" so if he wasn't off his game and had confidence would you still sell????

someone said in other post derbyshire has scored 1 goal in 600+ minutes of football. problem with that stat is its only 7 games. i can recall him missing atleast 5 sitters in that time. if he scored those sitters we would be saying. hes scored 6 in 7 games. as i asked. would you still sell?

im happy for peeps to not like a player. thats there choice.

sawmiller
04-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Some of my extended family are North End fans and they seem to think that PNE are interested in signing Alex - hope it is just rumour as I would prefer him to stay with us

leedsmiller
04-01-2015, 03:49 PM
The point is the current squad is not good enough but in order to bring in players we probably need to sell and we haven't got an abundance of salable assets. I doubt we'd recoup a great deal of our outlay if we were to sell Bowery or JCH at this stage, Revell and Pringle are probably the only two that would reap a profit - and Pringle's value is falling fast.

CrackersATM
04-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Every player including Revell has their price. It would be a concern if we flogged him without bringing a proven replacement in. Revs isn't the best Championship player but he's our most consistent and always puts a shift in. I'd like SE to play JCH or Bowery alongside Revs and bring the other on for Revell with 20 - 25 mins to go. The idea would be use Revell to batter teams and when he and the defenders tire bring on some pace who can hit a barn door.

UTM!

DavidEdinburgh
04-01-2015, 04:01 PM

I would happily lose Derbyshire and Bowery but not Revell. We will live to regret it if we sell him.

Agree 100%. Revs is our ONLY striker, he will get 10 goals a season but is worth 100 times that for the reasons you quote. He's not the problem. Problem is that we sold Agard and did not sign May or keep Becchio. JCH is an impact player. Bowery and Derbyshire not good enough. As I've said for a bout 3 months... we need two new strikers, Now.

jackmansell
04-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Alex's contract is up at the end of this season, he wants 2 years but the club has only offered him one. If this doesn't change I think we will get whatever cash we can for him during this transfer window. I personally hope he gets the two year deal!

pollittburo
04-01-2015, 06:47 PM
I would totally agree. If it was still last season.