PDA

View Full Version : If this message board is accurate...

MarkThomas
04-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Almost every player in the squad needs offloading because almost everyone is garbage and almost everyone is on ridiculous money for doing nothing.

Bearing all that in mind it's astonishing that we are not marooned at the bottom of the league. Being outclassed by the best team yet to visit NYS requires us all to jump off the nearest bridge!

jolly_roger
04-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Exactly

Players fault nothing to do with Evans and Raynor.

Casper64Frank
04-01-2015, 01:55 PM
The whole squad is not garbage,some are not up to Championship standard and will be moved on.
As for this elusive striker wish someone would one.
No leaders on the pitch atm just a set of players thrown together in the hope it will work.
Don't think SE knows his best team even allowing for injuries,suspensions and some players being bang off form.
Here`s to a better second half of the season than the first.

UTM.

benbr
04-01-2015, 01:58 PM
Not quite accurate, Mark. No disputing that Bournemouth is the best team in the League but we didnt see the Championship side, did we?
Note AFC BOURNEMOUTH League team the previous week was:-
A. Boruc
T. Elphick
S. Francis
C. Daniels
A. Smith
S. Cook
A. Surman
H. Arter
M. Ritchie
Y. Kermorgant
C. Wilson
The team yesterday was:-
L. Camp
I. Harte
A. Smith
S. Cook
B. Cargill
D. Gosling
S. MacDonald
J. Stanislas
E. O'Kane
R. Fraser
Y. Kermorgant
I'll let you count the changes.

Once in a while criticism has to be directed at the Management and players. Yesterday was such a performance.

Soxmiller
04-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Completely agree Mark.
Total over reaction as usual.
All we need is a few shrewd signings and Steve to drop the bigging up all our opponents and get our lads believing again.
We are all frustrated because we know we capable of better.
UTM

Marlon
04-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Mark we are not saying that everyone in the squad is garbage , far from it . But you have to admit we have lots of deadwood who never get in the squad let alone play . We have to get rid of quite a few and replace them with quality players . We need young hungry players but most of all we need pace the lack of it throughout the team is glaringly obvious . Most of them couldn't beat your old neighbour Flash over 10 yards that's how bad it is .

MarkThomas
05-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Marlon - I agree our lack of pace is a problem and there are obviously players who have made no impact or little impact who need to be moved on.

My worry is the gross over reaction to the Bournemouth defeat. There is a sense that some fans have 'turned' against certain players and formed rigid inflexible views. When fans start to increasingly categorise certain players as ' not Championship quality ' on social media it's only a short and dangerous step before debate becomes a bandwagon of criticism driving player confidence down. We may not be able to recruit the players we want in this transfer window.
It is therefore critical that we stick behind the players we have - the players who beat Blackburn, Wolves and Leeds and who dragged the game back against Huddersfield.

Rileyrev also expresses concern about over reaction on another thread and rightly says be careful what you wish for.

Some fans criticised an over reliance on the long ball to Revs. This in itself led to what was in m

Marlon
05-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Mark I agree about the need to mix the passing game and long balls into the box . I agree that we much better with Revs in the team his work rate upsets defenders and makes space for others to exploit .it needs to be done at a much higher tempo than we are currently playing .
However I disagree with you about criticising players , after all football is a game of opinions and everyone that was there on Saturday has a right to express their opinion .
If you went out for a meal and it wasn't up to standard you would voice your opinion and hope that next time you went to the same restaurant things would improve .
All people are doing are stating what they think. Indeed you have made criticisms about the style and tempo .
All we ask is to see effort,commitment,passion and skill we pay our hard earned money which we have worked bloody hard for . All we ask for in return is that the players work equally as hard as we do .
That also applies to the management if we can see the lack of pace ,one

MarkThomas
05-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Marlon, I would join you in defending the right to criticise and express opinion.
However, we may end up having to rely on the majority of the current squad for the rest of the season because we may not be successful in the transfer window - our league position may well put some targets off. I think it's therefore important that criticism is measured and that people take account of the quality of the opposition and the fact that 2 promotions amounts to a big step up.

I suppose where I differ from some in my reaction to the Bournemouth defeat is that I think the players did the best they could on the day and that we got hammered because Bournemouth were streets ahead of us in quality and in every aspect of the game.

Anyway, let's hope we recover quickly. Onwards to Brentford. Keep the Bramley flag flying!

Brin
06-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Marlon, I would join you in defending the right to criticise and express opinion.
However, we may end up having to rely on the majority of the current squad for the rest of the season because we may not be successful in the transfer window - our league position may well put some targets off. I think it's therefore important that criticism is measured and that people take account of the quality of the opposition and the fact that 2 promotions amounts to a big step up.

I suppose where I differ from some in my reaction to the Bournemouth defeat is that I think the players did the best they could on the day and that we got hammered because Bournemouth were streets ahead of us in quality and in every aspect of the game.

Anyway, let's hope we recover quickly. Onwards to Brentford. Keep the Bramley flag flying!

You're up late Mr...myself I'm on a late shift tomorrow so a quick peruse on here before I retire to bed...

Some interestin