PDA

View Full Version : Leave TS alone

Soxmiller
04-01-2015, 01:50 PM
There are too many posts knocking around saying that if TS can't afford to back us sufficiently he needs to get additional backing. Do people really believe he hasn't already tried/still trying ?
He is a hugely successful businessman and will be very aware that we are now in a different financial stratosphere. He will struggle to get further backing although the AESEAL deal was a coup.
Please remember he was the only one who came forward when we were in the verge of extinction and he is still the only one who is showing the colour of his money.
With regards to extending the ground , I am sure he will have investigated this and have a plan but now is not the time. He needs to see that the club can maintain championship status for a couple of seasons before investing another lump (of his) money.
The fact is he has backed Steve Evans handsomely but unfortunately he has recruited badly. Hopefully Steve will turn the season round with some good mid season signings like he has over the last

GingaMilla
04-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Makes me laugh when some people keep on coming out saying that TS needs to get his wallet out yet he's already spent millions on us and still is spending huge amounts of money every year. Different story if we told people what to do with there wages every week wouldn't it?

Just let him get on with it as you say.

gramiller1959
04-01-2015, 02:00 PM
correct anybody would think we moved back to millmoor :(

Deepmidwinter
04-01-2015, 04:08 PM
There's no doubt about it. Some of the posters on here are dafter than the Chuckle Brothers

ilikecarling
04-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Excellent post, spot on. If anyone knocks me Stewart for what he has done they must be abit simple. He's backed Evans to the max an more with the money Evans has squandered on garbage. The stadium is fantastic an mr Stewart deserves so much credit. Now if Evans had the same mentality an stopped buying players that have never been good enough and went to tactic school we'd be sorted .

CrackersATM
04-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Good posts and before anybody who tells TS to spend his money what about getting their own wallets out to back the Millers. I chip in my few quid but nothing like the Millions TS has and I wish I could get to more games and chip more in. We will expand NYS but when the time is right. That time will become sooner if we keep getting full houses so we need to keep going to games and encourage any family or mates who have stopped for whatever reason.

Reference SE going from gun ho to overly cautious he had nothing to lose in Lge 1. For a long time we all but guaranteed a play off place which every fan would have settled for in our first season back at that level. At Wembley he was cautious and we'll never know what would had happened if Revs hadn't found a goal from nowhere.

UTM!

dmentor
04-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Anyone who has the audacity to come on here and criticize Tony Stewart,is not a true Rotherham United supporter,what he as done for our club is nothing short of amazing.

PeteWaller
04-01-2015, 05:57 PM
No one is rubbishing TS who has done a superb job to date.

But grow some. If you want as a club to play Chamionship football there is an investment to be made, a big one. How many of you have researched at companies house as to the viability or otherwise of TS's company bankrolling RUFC more than he has done. None I suspect.

Stop dreaming, no one is calling TS, no one but you can't behave like kids and hope we will stay up. Half the teams in this League have been recipients of parachute payments, we cannot compete. So, we need to build an infrastructure for Championship football and attendances capped at 11500 won't cut it. We need a stadium of 16000. We then need to fill it by competing. That means more investment. That means getting another backer. No one is asking TS to do more other than find another backer who jointly can move us forward.

It's the same old niaive numbskulls on here who quote idiotic cliches and expect things to tick along.

For the record TS has been fantastic

Millerlez
04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Well said Pete,I wasn't criticising TS in any way, the guy deserves more respect than that!!!
I just wish some of the less realistic posters would read other peoples post correctly and be a little less hasty with the keyboard.

Soxmiller
04-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Point 1
It's not anyone's business to be checking whether TS company to invest more money. If he decides to invest more money that's his and only his prerogative.
Point 2
If it's that easy to find another investor, have a go yourself.

People with your attitude will be the people who ultimately drive him away.
Leave him to carry on running our club superbly and I'm sure he will stabilise us in the championship all in good time

PeteWaller
04-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Well said Pete,I wasn't criticising TS in any way, the guy deserves more respect than that!!!
I just wish some of the less realistic posters would read other peoples post correctly and be a little less hasty with the keyboard.

Well said. We all just want the best don't we?

PeteWaller
04-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Point 1
It's not anyone's business to be checking whether TS company to invest more money. If he decides to invest more money that's his and only his prerogative.
Point 2

Leave him to carry on running our club superbly and I'm sure he will stabilise us in the championship all in good time

You make my point perfectly. Companies House is an open register where companies have to disclose their accounts. It is a public register.

Point 2 : just how silly are you?

You validate entirely what I'm saying about some on here.

Really really strange this. A board supporting RUFC and a hard core minority of the members look to behave like plebs towards each other.

Braggy, can you save us?

Soxmiller
04-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm perfectly aware that Companis House is in the public domain,
The point is it is upto TS whether he invests anymore of his own money - you seem to have missed the point.
I suggest you stop calling fellow posterss and concentrate on supporting your football club and leave the people who DO know something about business and investment to get on with it
I find your obnoxious attitude objectionable.

PeteWaller
04-01-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm perfectly aware that Companis House is in the public domain,
The point is it is upto TS whether he invests anymore of his own money - you seem to have missed the point.
I suggest you stop calling fellow posterss and concentrate on supporting your football club and leave the people who DO know something about business and investment to get on with it
I find your obnoxious attitude objectionable.

Then maybe, just maybe you will interprete what other posters say, accurately. Eternally grateful to TS and in no way did I say otherwise. Nor did I read others being derogatory either.

welovebooth
04-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm not been funny but tony stewart chose to be a chairman off a football club.

You only do that if you have got or are prepared to pump in a lot off cash its the criteria off the job.

Rotherham never has nor never will be self sufficient bar a season in the premier league.

What worried me the most is that Bournemouth made 7-9 changes from the team that played there last league game and still gave us a hammering..to me that is very worrying and highlights the massive gulf in quality.

I read a lot off people on here are blaming evans for wasting a lot off cash.

Well when you're having to scrape off the scraps at the bottom off the barrel you are going to take a lot off risks and a lot off the time they aren't going to work out..how many times has man utd etc spent 7-12 million on a player and it hasn't worked out?? And people moan about free transfers from the left overs off the bigger clubs don't want.

rileyev
04-01-2015, 09:12 PM
The best chairman this club has ever had by a country mile.

That is all.

millavanilla
05-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Point 1
Point 2

You make my point perfectly. Companies House is an open register where companies have to disclose their accounts. It is a public register.

Really really strange this. A board supporting RUFC and a hard core minority of the members look to behave like plebs towards each other.

Braggy, can you save us?[/quote]

doubt if he can help you now...he'll be sick as a pig ...

braggyowl
05-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Point 1
Point 2

Agree word for word Pete...Nip on our board some time ma

braggyowl
05-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Point 1
Point 2

doubt i

tom12026
05-01-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm not been funny but tony stewart chose to be a chairman off a football club.

You only do that if you have got or are prepared to pump in a lot off cash its the criteria off the job.

Rotherham never has nor never will be self sufficient bar a season in the premier league.

What worried me the most is that Bournemouth made 7-9 changes from the team that played there last league game and still gave us a hammering..to me that is very worrying and highlights the massive gulf in quality.

I read a lot off people on here are blaming evans for wasting a lot off cash.

Well when you're having to scrape off the scraps at the bottom off the barrel you are going to take a lot off risks and a lot off the time they aren't going to work out..how many times has man utd etc spent 7-12 million on a player and it hasn't worked out?? And people moan about free transfers from the left overs off the bigger clubs don't want.

correctimungo!!!:/ :

CrackersATM
05-01-2015, 05:52 PM
I disagree every chairman should pump money in every season and think football clubs business models should aim to be sulf sufficient. Bottom line the more cash chairman pump in the more money leaves the game in players wages. I'm not against World Class players earning big money but some championship clubs have players on the bench drawing 10K a week. With the TV money in the game and gate receipts every club in the top 2 divisions should be self sustainable.

Ref Bournemouths changes they made a similar amount against West Brom and turned them over this season. I'm not happy about it but we've met a club in the best purple patch of their history. I hope it continues either side of our league fixture and go on to make the Premiership. Generally nobody has thrashed us in the league this season and the defence has been ok if the strikers haven't been on fire yet.

UTM!

Soxmiller
05-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Totally agree Crackers.
Good luck to Bournemouth , I would absolutely love to see them in the Premiership. I think they showed that SE has got it bang on playing a passing game.