PDA

View Full Version : derby away

TMiller
04-01-2015, 10:18 PM
When we came up last season I thought that we were guna have a right good season. I didn't expect us to walk the league but i did think that we were guna give some good teams a right good hiding. Looking back over the season so far, there was only really derby away that has felt like the team we had and was proud of last season.

Too much has been made of this hoof ball vs short passing game. last season we weren't as direct as people seem to think. We mixed it up a lot more and that was how it was played at derby.

For whatever reason though, for me it's been negative team selections and worrying too much about what the opposition are going to do, we've become terrified of being brave on the ball and making things happen.

So earlier on in the season the lack of bravery meant we played more and more the long ball and spent too much of the game chasing it after giving it away too cheaply. then fast forward a couple of months we're passing it about without actually getting anywhere and

millavanilla
04-01-2015, 10:58 PM
In all honesty, i dont think we're ever gonna have a settled side in this league...we cant afford it, so how we are now, thats your lot ...