PDA

View Full Version : Sell Revell

Powertoola
05-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Am I the only one here, who thinks Revell is way out of his depth, not to mention he's getting on a bit for a championship striker. I haven't forgotten what he did at Wembley (he'll go down a legend), but frankly 28 goals in 150 appearances for Rotherham, is an atrocious record for a striker. Most of you will point out he adds more to the game, yes I agree, but he lacks so much; including pace and stamina. yes he offers height, but lets be honest he hasn't scored that many headers. he has also missed many sitters this season. Again some of you will point out he is our top goal scorer this season, and I would argue this is purely because he has started most of the games. I will concede that nobody works harder on the pitch, but he is always out of position, because by the time he has gotten to where the ball is, it's already somewhere else. JCH or Bowery probably would have scored more, had he been picked as a starter. (I won't even argue for Derbyshire, his goal scoring record is worse

millavanilla
05-01-2015, 07:36 AM
Definate keeper? No hes definately not a keeper...never seen him play in goal anyhow... XD

Gainsbro_Miller
05-01-2015, 07:48 AM
This is probably a multi on a fishing trip but you really can't have it both ways.

If he is as poor as you claim then who will pay decent money for him that would, in turn, allow us "...to buy someone better"?????

Who would we 'off load' to? The only 'mug punters' taking dross on this season are ourselves and not even we're daft enough to buy our own player are we?? :D

P.S. for the record, I'd keep him anyway.

hillsborough miller
05-01-2015, 08:00 AM
I dont agree at the moment he is our top scorer.

I have thought for a long time that revs is best served with two wingers pinging crosses in from the wings evan doesnt like that tactic so he plays hoofball. which does no credit to him as he is often on his own. the new style of play revs isnt quick enough now to latch onto the flowing ball.

deMiller
05-01-2015, 02:51 PM
I agree hs goal scoring record is poor but he does contribute more to the game than goals as you say.
I dont think his pace is bad to be honest, not quick nor slow and im surprise you even question his stamina. He has a great stamina and never stops running. Only Frecks and Pringle I would say cover more distance than him in a game.
He is getting on a bit now which he recognises himself but what about it, with age you do pick up more injurys but its very rare Revell ever gets injured, he keeps going.

Would I keep him or sell him?
Im not sure, im not sure we would be better without him but he does encourage hoofball I have to admit.

Brin
05-01-2015, 03:00 PM
You only have to look at last Saturdays score to realise how we play without him...Bowery nor JCH couldn't lace his boots for effort... Now if they put in as much effort as Revs does in a game this post just might have made a point... For me dump the likes of league 1 Bowery and get JCH to get his finger pulled out if he wants to make a mark in the championship