PDA

View Full Version : End of the line for some players

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
05-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Some players could have made their last appearance in a Millers shirt after the heavy cup defeat against Bournemouth. No 2 Paul Raynor doesn't hold back in The Star's two-page match verdict. - view external link (http://bit.ly/1xwlZQJ)

1960smiller
05-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Love the quote from Raynor if you can't beat them copy them,what with the crap you brought in,we can't play like that because our players are not good enough.Back to basics for me so we survive this season,ok it's not pretty but if we survive I don't care.Back to in your face type football.All this should have been sorted pre season.

millertop
05-01-2015, 08:50 AM
I hope Raynor and Evans are taking some blame :/

Wasted money, not giving some players a chance but giving others to many imo.

Please get rid of the right players

leedsmiller
05-01-2015, 09:10 AM
It's all very well Raynor saying some players are not good enough, everybody who attends matches on a regular basis could produce a list of players who are not good enough but who brought them here in the first place? Have Evans or Raynor ever admitted their mistakes in the transfer market? Why is it always the players fault? If you bring in sub-standard players you get sub-standard performances.

Let's hope the next crop of imports are infinitely better than the last.

DavidEdinburgh
05-01-2015, 03:18 PM
I feel not a single player they brought in pre season were better than any we had - we fans said that looked like the case as early as the friendlies in Scotland. On paper Derbyshire looked ok, but he needs a new club to get some sort of confidence back.

In the article Raynor says:

“It’s showed us that when we’ve lost the three loan boys, when we’ve lost the talent of Lawrence and Ledesma and Wootton, it leaves a big hole,”

But – this doesn’t recognise that the problem is partly created by relying on too many loan players. Same was when we lost Dicko last year – but then we still had Agard!

I still feel we are good enough if we just add two goal scorers, I would have started by offering Becchio a perm 'pay per play' deal assuming he is: a) interested, b we could agree terms and c) Norwich would let him go.
Him alongside Revs would be a step forward in my opinion, plus the addition of one more striker.

Whatever, strikers are the priority – but I fear we will end up focusing