PDA

View Full Version : Just Strikers please Mr Evans, just Srikers

DavidEdinburgh
05-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Ok, I’ve ranted on about needing strikers for months – but it my opinion, it’s right to do so.

I thought watching us in the early part of this season, BEFORE we brought in the loan players, we were in my opinion playing some of the best football I have seen us play for many many years. Others said the same to me, so it’s not just my opinion either. (first half against Watford, Blackburn game, etc…)

If we had taken a few more chances we had created, we would be sitting mid table with no panic – the Bournemouth beating wouldn’t matter as much, we wouldn’t be as worried or reflective.

We have (mostly) not been beaten by much. Mostly we have matched the teams in this league player for player, mostly we have created as many chances if not more than the opposition. Mostly, the confidence from last year and the core ability, was already in the team we had.

Our issue all season has been our lack of ability to take the chances we create.

I honestly think Becchio was helping turn that aro

millertop
05-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm beginning to think it's not the players but the Staff that need to be looking at themselves, are they doing the right things in training,do they need someone in to help them for training in the championship, does Raynor/Evans need to look at having a talk with an expience person who knows about Championship ?

If you have seen Raynor/Evans/warne at the touch line then (if you're being honest ) you can see they have been looking a little panicky/don't know what to do :s

I do think we have some players here that are not being used right :s

PeteWaller
05-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Sorry david. I agree with everything you say about the strikers.

But for me we need to get an experienced CB who is fast, rugged and experienced. One who commands the defence and dominates opposition forwards.

Then Arnie pushes up into midfield. Ledesma and Becchio to return

That would be my hope but agree, alas, Becchio it seems is not for coming

Archiemiller
05-01-2015, 05:13 PM

But for me we need to get an experienced CB who is fast, rugged and experienced. One who commands the defence and dominates opposition forwards.

That would be my hope but agree, alas, Becchio it seems is not for comingAn experienced CB who is fast,rugged and commands the defence and dominates opposition forwards.Sounds like John Terry,dont know another in this country that fits your discription Pete. Keep dreaming.XD XD

PeteWaller
05-01-2015, 07:27 PM

That would be my hope but agree, alas, Becchio it seems is not for comingAn experienced CB who is fast,rugged and commands the defence and dominates opposition forwards.Sounds like John Terry,dont know another in this country that fits your discription Pete. Keep dreaming.XD XD[/quote]

Shouldn't have to dream Archie, that's why we have professionals doing scouting missions not fans like you and I. CBs are out there

deMiller
05-01-2015, 10:41 PM

That would be my hope but agree, alas, Becchio it seems is not for comingAn experienced CB who is fast,rugged and commands the defence and dominates opposition forwards.Sounds like John Terry,dont know another in this country that fits your discription Pete. Keep dreaming.XD XD[/quote]

John Terry doesnt even fit the bill. Hes not fast.

tom12026
06-01-2015, 11:45 AM

John Terry doesnt even fit the bill. Hes not fast.[/quote]
bring back CLAUDE!!.;D

DavidEdinburgh
10-01-2015, 03:56 PM
We created one more attempt than Brentford, who are 5th... we don't take any.

This is the most obvious fecking fecking thing that Evans still does not address and it's making me fecking angry

Why does Evans not see that in most parts of the pitch we do not need new players, again we lose by the odd goal and create loads of chances... we need fecking strikers...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:( >:( >:(