PDA

View Full Version : Concerned!!!!

rileyev
05-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Firstly, sorry if this seems repetitive considering the amount of contribution on here since Saturday.

Why following a defeat in the F.A. Cup to the championship league leaders does Paul Raynor announce players will have played their last game for the club.

Who is he talking about? Pringle. Brindley. Bowery. I could go on.

What has happened since we beat Blackburn. Leeds. Pushed Fulham all the way. Have the players suddenly become not good enough.

Yes there have been poor performances since, but do the players shoulder all the blame?

It doesn't sit comfortable with me making wholesale changes on the back of a cup defeat, previous we were 6 unbeaten in the league.

I find Raynors comments strange and concerning tbh.

The merry go round of players coming in and out of our club also concerns me. Loads never even get a decent chance.

If someone like Ben Pringle is just shipped out because he is out of form, we all need to be concerned. He has been instrumental in everything g

CrackersATM
05-01-2015, 05:58 PM
The game moves on and I guess you can't perservere with players for ever. There's a saying that players get you the sack. I think and have always thought SE takes the players merry go round too far and promotions hide a lot of cracks. Just on signing on fees it can't be the best business model.

UTM!

Archiemiller
05-01-2015, 06:09 PM
[quote="rileyev"]Firstly, sorry if this seems repetitive considering the amount of contribution on here since Saturday.

Why following a defeat in the F.A. Cup to the championship league leaders does Paul Raynor announce players will have played their last game for the club.

Who is he talking about? Pringle. Brindley. Bowery. I could go on.

What has happened since we beat Blackburn. Leeds. Pushed Fulham all the way. Have the players suddenly become not good enough.

Yes there have been poor performances since, but do the players shoulder all the blame?

It doesn't sit comfortable with me making wholesale changes on the back of a cup defeat, previous we were 6 unbeaten in the league.

I find Raynors comments strange and concerning tbh.

The merry go round of players coming in and out of our club also concerns me. Loads never even get a decent chance.

If someone like Ben Pringle is just shipped out because he is out of form, we all need to be concer

rileyev
05-01-2015, 06:12 PM
I agree Crackers but the margins are so fine aren't they.

With more composure/luck, Matt Derbyshire could be on 10 goals for the season. His signing would be considered one of the best ever.

That said he's on 1..

I just get the feeling after Saturday, the take from our management duo has been lets blame the players, distancing themselves from responsibility.

For the first time since league 2, I am having doubts about Steve Evans.

That said, I do believe he will prove himself at this level.

CrackersATM
05-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I too think SE will at least survive at this level. He has bucket loads of determination and has a successful track record. The difference this season is he has one of the smallest budgets in the division and not the biggest like in Lge 2 or at least a very healthy wage bill like in Lge 1. We'll know a lot more in May 15 how well he survives.

UTM!

millertop
05-01-2015, 06:32 PM
They knew beforehand who they wanted to get rid of, don't know why did Raynor have to come out and say that about players ?