PDA

View Full Version : Revell off?

twinnyjoe
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
According to jonathon veal cardiff have made an offer for revell

tongmeister
06-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Just had a call from friends in Cardiff asking me about Revell's credentials. It would appear that a bid has been made

elvisisamiller
06-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Reports of a 175 k bid put in for him also reported that we are in talks with Leeds about a permenent deal for wooton with a fee involved as they still owe man utd part of the fee they paid

fivetide
06-01-2015, 01:07 PM
I think we'll regret it but Slade signed him for Orient so after the unappreciated efforts for us I think he might like the move.

Greasbroughmiller
06-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Sounds like it's a done deal as a mate has overheard him at the training ground saying his goodbyes.

I will be gutted if he leaves as I think he's been a great player and a huge part of our success

the_idiotb_stardson
06-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I think we'll regret it but Slade signed him for Orient so after the unappreciated efforts for us I think he might like the move.

Definitely not unappreciated.

Revell has been cut a lot of slack by Millers fans. infact I don't think I can recall a time when we have stuck by a striker with such a low scoring record.

He deserved the support as well.

The 2nd goall at Wembley meant so much more to us because it was Revell who scored it and we had seen him through the hard times.

There are always knockers but I reckon Revs has been given plenty of support over the years.

fivetide
06-01-2015, 01:23 PM
All I can say IBS is you must be reading a different millersmad to me.

the_idiotb_stardson
06-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Yes there has been plenty of Rev critics on MM and the odd one in and around the stadium.

I wish him well. He won me over with his effort, enthusiasm and dedication.

Timbertop
06-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Hope Evans has a better replacement lined up cos all we have left are 3 bone idle lightweight strikers who haven't got a goal between them!

NeztheMiller
06-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Revell should NOT be allowed to leave I.M.O.!

It's never bothered me that Alex hasn't been scoring frequently because he's always made up for it with the work rate and all the unselfish running he does.

His two goals, and especially the second one, will go down in Miller's history, and THAT goal is probably the best goal ever to be scored by any Miller!

When his career is over he should be stuffed and placed in the foyer at New York Stadium! :star:

fivetide
06-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Yes there has been plenty of Rev critics on MM and the odd one in and around the stadium.

I wish him well. He won me over with his effort, enthusiasm and dedication.

Ditto. That's basically what I meant by unappreciated.

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Well, if he is off he will be remembered with great affection by the vast majority of fans.

RawmarshMiller
06-01-2015, 01:47 PM
The best of all our striking options, for me still first on the team sheet. If he goes, hope we have someone lined up to come in...

Tophams_Excelsior
06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Article here in Welsh local newspaper.

I'd be gutted if he goes... - view external link (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-make-bid-rotherham-8390563)

leedsmiller
06-01-2015, 01:51 PM
That'll be two we need then (at least), one to replace Revell and one to play alongside.

fivetide
06-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Article here in Welsh local newspaper.

I'd be gutted if he goes...

Excellent link with the telling phrase "But this term in the Championship the marksman has come under fire from fans for his lack of goals having netted just four times in 26 appearances. "

uttis
06-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Bet Cardiff fans arent happy,even though he's loved to bits by vast majority of Millers fans they are used to "name" strikers there Bellamy, Kenwyn Jones etc Slade's in the last chance saloon even though he's only been there a couple of months, trigger happy chairman who rubs the fans up the wrong way, makes sense though as they are playing a moredirect style under Slade, how ironic he could be playing alongside Alfie

miller_Jam84
06-01-2015, 02:26 PM
He's on his way there as we speak and all staff have been told.

hillsborough miller
06-01-2015, 02:55 PM
its true he was in at the training ground and he was overheard by a respected source telling pringle and arnie he was off to cardiff to sign
that person thanked him for all his service to us and revell replayed everyone else has said the same

another evans has rub up the wrong way

NorthEssexMiller
06-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Cardiff LOVE a Miller don't they

Ronnie Moore
Alan Lee
Leo Fortune-West
Alfie

sure theres more...

northy69
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Any chance we get Alfie as part of the deal?

millertop
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Well I'm surprised if Evans has let him go.

Maybe the time is right for him to leave

gramiller1959
06-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Reports of a 175 k bid put in for him also reported that we are in talks with Leeds about a permenent deal for wooton with a fee involved as they still owe man utd part of the fee they paid

if thats all theve offered its an insult :s

dmentor
06-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Its a cracking move for Alex he's been a credit to RUFC and will be remembered with admiration. His work ethos and continued commitment was second to none.I for one wish him good luck and thank him for his efforts in helping RUFC get back to back promotions. He always acknowledged the fans and found time to communicate with them.
Will be missed but not forgotten. ;D

RawmarshMiller
06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
175k for a 31 year old out of contract in the summer - on the face of it sounds good for us and Revell, especially if he can get a multiple year deal out of it.

But, this is our top scorer and despite the moronic opinion of some of our fans, our most effective forward. For me personally, Revs should get a deal to take him to the end of next season with us and should continue in his role.

We will find it very difficult to replace him. A forward line of perm 2 from Bowery, JCH and Derbyshire is a bit of a worry. Maybe Jerry Yates is to be given a chance?

I can only think that if Revs is being allowed to leave, that we have someone lined up to replace him. If not, the mind boggles.

bigburns
06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Not sure what either will be getting out of this. Why would we get rid of a player who plays every game, who probably isn't a top earner for a (relative) pittance?

Also, our team is more or less built around him, will Cardiff do the same?

Seems a bit odd.

welovebooth
06-01-2015, 03:59 PM
175k for a first team championship cf is peanuts.do you think we could get becchio for that??

But on the other hand if hes out off contract at the end off the season than its better to cash in now he wouldn't turn cardiff down for us.

Got nothing against revell hes a work horse who pops up with some decent goals now and again but I'm not dissapointed at losing him neither

ashbynick
06-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Any chance we get Alfie as part of the deal? Is that the same Alfie who has scored ONE LESS than Rev`s this season?

Ericsladkilnhurst
06-01-2015, 04:14 PM
The news we got on saturday when we went in the ground, was that Revel had signed for Preston, for 100k.

calumwhite
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM
a lot of morons in the pub after the Huddersfield game I was talking to will be happy with this news.
Bowery this and give Derbyshire a chance that.

kevthemaltbymiller
06-01-2015, 05:07 PM
This will be a big loss, all we needed was another striker to play up top with Revs.
Bowery, JCH and Derbyshire not fit to lace Revs boots :blue:

northy69
06-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Any chance we get Alfie as part of the deal? Is that the same Alfie who has scored ONE LESS than Rev`s this season?[/quote]

That's the one fella, the one who scored for fun in his one season in the Premier League.

Wonder how many Revs would score in the top flight?

mikemiller
06-01-2015, 05:16 PM
We'd be mad to sell him, unless we have a replacement lined up {and not just a loan player)

DavidEdinburgh
06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
This will be a big loss, all we needed was another striker to play up top with Revs.

Agreed

mikemiller
06-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Matt Tubbs has been recalled from AFC Wimbledon by Bournemouth, and is about to move to an another club... you don't think...er...no, surely not...?

PeteWaller
06-01-2015, 05:59 PM

Agree. Luv Revs and he will be remembered as a legend. People forget, we wouldn't be in the Championship if it hadn't been for him at Wembley. Be nice to see him return in the future within management perhaps.

In the meantime my bet is on Doyle coming now that Cardiff have ceased their interest

LiverDamage
06-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Matt Tubbs has been recalled from AFC Wimbledon by Bournemouth, and is about to move to an another club... you don't think...er...no, surely not...?

Lined up for Portsmouth i think Mike.UTM

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Tubbs missed one against Liverpool last night that Derbyshire would have been proud of

millertop
06-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Agree. Luv Revs and he will be remembered as a legend. People forget, we wouldn't be in the Championship if it hadn't been for him at Wembley. Be nice to see him return in the future within management perhaps.

In the meantime my bet is on Doyle coming now that Cardiff have ceased their interest[/quote]

no people don't forget what he's done for us, they are just thinking about what we need now

themillerspitter
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Really like revs, legend !!! Should keep him !!!

frogmiller
06-01-2015, 07:02 PM
I hope Howdydoo doesn't mind me kicking this.

http://i62.tinypic.com/25hk2us.gif

Thanks Alex Revell you will always be remember for this

CrackersATM
06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Revs has been a fantastic servant to the Millers and it will be a shame if he leaves. However with only 4 goals by January after being just about ever present, 31 years old and in the last year of his contract it works for both parties. Hopefully Revs gets a improved and longer contract plus we get a fee towards a replacement.

I think if this happens SE will bring in a new striker. If SE doesn't surely then surely one of the clubs record signings will get a run in the team and have to grow a pair. Also I remember Cardiff City fans wearing 'I saw Ronnie Moore score T shirts'. I hope he's prolific enough to prevent that and if Revs plays against the Millers he gets a heroes reception from Rotherham fans similar to Alan Lee. I'll never forget Wembley and all the shifts he put in leading the line when others went missing.

UTM!

the_idiotb_stardson
06-01-2015, 07:30 PM
It is nonsense to even hint that Revell has been hounded out by the fans

Revell loves the Millers and I bet he wanted to stay (this doesn't mean he will as RUFC also have an influence on his future, as does his family).

Just look at the guys twitter page...it looks exactly the opposite to what's being made out in some quarters. This isn't a Tom Pope scenario. Revs loves Millers and us fans.

There are always a few moaners ( I myself took some convincing about Revell) but they are nothing compared to the thousands who admire and respect Revell.

No other player in the current squad has the chemistry with the fans that Revs does...so let's put to bed the fabrication that Revell is undervalued and not appreciated by the fans. .

millavanilla
06-01-2015, 07:53 PM
I was never a big revell fan until it clicked what he brought to the team..i wanted a better centre forward like kevin davies..then i saw davies play against us..picking most likely a fat wage packet up for strolling around..revell's control and goalscoring record is average at best, but his workrate in bringing others into play, and chasing hopeless balls puts him on the same level as dave gwyther for me, and probably the hardest working miller ive ever seen..lets be honest, if he was a prolific goalscorer, he would be the complete centre forward, and probably not playing for us anyway...so i reckon he'll be remembered for a long time, he deserves it because hes earned every penny and earned the club a lot of money in the process...

the_idiotb_stardson
06-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Spot on. Put it like this, there might be a time when Revs is playing against us.

All those that criticise Revs will see how good he is when he works our defence harder than they have ever been worked in their life.

BigLadonOS
06-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Feel really sad if Revs leaves us :-(

For me Revs has been one of the best players we have had in the last 15 years or so.

He may not score as many goals as some would like but his game is not just about scoring goals but its a waste of time trying to educate some people on here who wouldnt know a proper footballer if they saw one.

MarkThomas
06-01-2015, 08:55 PM
We should keep Alex Revell.

The critical question is can he make a valuable contribution to the second half of our season. The answer is a resounding yes.

It will be essential at times to get the ball into the final third and our best target for that is undoubtedly Alex Revell. We have never, and I repeat never, in the past 50 years had anyone who defends so effectively from the front as Alex Revell. It is not simply a question of him working hard, it's a question of the effect he has from a team perspective. The only game we've won in a long time was at Wigan where it was Revs' challenge that created the defensive error from which Lawrence scored and Revs' header for the winner.

Keep him, please.

northy69
06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Spot on. Put it like this, there might be a time when Revs is playing against us.

All those that criticise Revs will see how good he is when he works our defence harder than they have ever been worked in their life.

Probably change my mind about him if he worked the keeper as hard.

CrackersATM
06-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Mark I'm a Revs fan but your point about his contribution to both goals in the only game we've won recently at Wigan. I think thats the main problem, we've only won one league game in ages and Revs has been involved in all of them.

My heart says keep him but my head says it's probably a good deal for the club and Revs if this move comes off.

UTM!

MarkThomas
06-01-2015, 09:20 PM
CrackersATM - I see your point but I'm not necessarily saying play Revs for 90 mins every week or even start him every week. Take Revs out and you weaken the squad options in my view. In a 22 game contest you can use Revs in various ways - start him with a remit to run the central defenders into the ground for 70 minutes and then bring JCH on. Or bring Revs on for 20 mins when 2-1 down and get balls into the box or hit it long for him to chase into corners and win long throws and corners. Revs gives you the option of playing the long and territorial game - which we will need at various stages.

fivetide
06-01-2015, 09:46 PM
It is nonsense to even hint that Revell has been hounded out by the fans...there always a few moaners ( I myself took some convincing about Revell) but they are nothing compared to the thousands who admire and respect Revell.

No other player in the current squad has the chemistry with the fans that Revs does...so let's put to bed the fabrication that Revell is undervalued and not appreciated by the fans. .

IBS it is equally nonsense to suggest that people whinging doesn't get heard. Look at the micky taking falls over a lot post the other day.

We know these things get back to the players, we know they look at the site.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but you should respect that of others too.

The media are reporting it. Do you think the players don't read the press? If it was all hugs and kisses they wouldn't be able to say fans have been getting at him would they? Think about it logically.

Anyway, I hav

gramiller1959
06-01-2015, 09:52 PM
if we signed messi half the feckers would moan he was past his prime :(

revell just like jch is a good plan B and when mixed up brought us good results .. just evans constant hoof ball which only gives the ball straight back to the opposition n this league bored and frustrated the fans to tears :(

any hostility should go evans way not revells .. he has just done as he was told ... and done it exceptionally well ... good luck alex where ever you are .. a millers legend through and through :)

PerigordMiller
06-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Ask yourself, why do Cardiff, with a massive parachute payment and good income from gate receipts, want to pay for Alex Revell.

They know he can do a job.

Good luck Alex, a cracking player

the_idiotb_stardson
06-01-2015, 10:22 PM
It is nonsense to even hint that Revell has been hounded out by the fans...there always a few moaners ( I myself took some convincing about Revell) but they are nothing compared to the thousands who admire and respect Revell.

IBS it is equally nonsense to suggest that people whinging doesn't get heard. Look at the micky taking falls over a lot post the other day.

We know these things get back to the players, we know they look at the site.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but you should respect that of others too.

The media are reporting it. Do you think the players don't read the press? If it was all hugs and kisses they wouldn't be able to say fans have been getting at him would

hillsborough miller
07-01-2015, 05:40 AM
I have criticsed Revell in the past but I then realised he was like other posts have said following the gormless duo instructions and tactics.
if we had two fast wingers putting crosses into the box revell would be 8 out 10 on the end of that with a goal or knock on for some one to put in net this probably how cardiff if he goes to them will do.

if you do go ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD luck ALEX and i will be on my feet applauding you when you come back to nys in the opposition and i hope you stick it to evans if u score

howdydoo
07-01-2015, 05:58 AM
I have criticsed Revell in the past but I then realised he was like other posts have said following the gormless duo instructions and tactics.
if we had two fast wingers putting crosses into the box revell would be 8 out 10 on the end of that with a goal or knock on for some one to put in net this probably how cardiff if he goes to them will do.

if you do go ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD luck ALEX and i will be on my feet applauding you when you come back to nys in the opposition and i hope you stick it to evans if u score

What a pathetic post. Why don't you use your old username, so people can see you for the moaning two hat, you are and always have been.

Two promotions in two years. Get that through the thick skull.

See the usual hypocrites are out in force.

hillsborough miller
07-01-2015, 06:20 AM
what old user think you got me mixed up someone else so perhaps you need to go and find the correct poster to insult.>:(

fan zone and every fan has a right to a opinion and everyone also has that right to disagree
I have never been a FAN of Evans and Raynor.
reluctant admireser of the two promotion yes. and when we played adershot everyone wasw hoping pringle would score so he could show andy scott what he thought of him so why shouldnt revell.

losing revell and evans tactics arfe going to hurtb us badly

if they dont then i will be first to eat crow

howdydoo
07-01-2015, 07:05 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2yxopjs.jpg

hillsborough miller
07-01-2015, 07:11 AM
great pic but no henderson relish:)
i hope evans proves me wrong and finally gets some players in who will keep us up where we belong

utm

millavanilla
07-01-2015, 07:29 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2yxopjs.jpg

Something rings a bell here howdy...he mentioned crow..you drew one...hillsborough miller...crow...hillsborough...crow...sure ive heard some sort of a song...

twinnyjoe
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Bid accepted just personnal terms and medical to complete

moorgatemiller
07-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Shocking decision by the club. Good luck Alex. A Millers hero!

dmentor
07-01-2015, 10:21 AM
If Rev's has set is heart on going,it would probably be best to let him leave,if he was made to stay,it could just knock him back where he wouldn't be the same player for a while,however we all witnessed the performance from the forward's on Saturday,Rev's is a massive miss when he's not in the team,i will always be grateful to him for giving me the best day of my life as a Miller's supporter,with that Wembley victory.

DavidR__9
07-01-2015, 10:31 AM
I'll be really sad if Revell leaves. He's been absolutely fundamental to our promotions. Neither Bowery or Clark-Harris have yet shown that they can offer to the team what Revell does.

Two thoughts:

1. We've been here before, with popular players who have and are serving the club well leaving. On every occasion, Evans' judgment has been vindicated by events.
2. I really hope that we allow Revell to leave without any of the "if a player doesn't want to be here, then we'll move him on" type sentiments that we heard, for example, when Agard left. Revell deserves our thanks and gratitude. He'll probably earn more at Cardiff than here, so it's a great move for him and whether he's angled to leave or we've decided we want him to go, we should salute him and wish him well.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Will he pass the medical with him being sick? ;)

Serious note:
I wish all the best and the fans who slagged him off, you ain't gotta clue. I fear for us if he plays against us.

C_Millers
07-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Find it strange how he's gone from a first team regular and one of Evans favorites to being out of the door.

Ok he hasn't scored many but he's still scored the most goals this season, worrying trend this as the manager likes to flog whoever our top scorer is (Grabban, Nardiello, Agard)

Been mentioned before but he still should have a part to play for us all be it not every single game. Good luck to him though he's been a credit.

TimeforAle
07-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Hearing he has now gone

thaimillerfan
07-01-2015, 10:37 AM
If its the right price, and the player is ready for a change, then good luck to him. We must get a prolific goalscorer before its too late.

twinnyjoe
07-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Personnal terms and medical tomorrow at Cardiff 175 k