PDA

View Full Version : Rotherham United transfer rumours

millertop
06-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Cardiff understood to have made a bid for Revell.

@jonathondveal83

ColinRUFC
06-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Cardiff understood to have made a bid for Revell.

@jonathondveal83

it's @jonathandveal83

luvpud
06-01-2015, 09:54 AM
We could swap him for Alf good deal for both parties .

millertop
06-01-2015, 01:33 PM
We are suppose to be in talks with Leeds about making Wootton permanent

uttis
06-01-2015, 02:03 PM
If we are making him a permanent signing how come Leeds refused us permission to play in FA Cup (not saying it isn't true-just doesn't make any sense)

leedsmiller
06-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Evans said permission wasn't refused just not granted due to being unable to track down Cellino.

NorthEssexMiller
06-01-2015, 03:02 PM
not keen on Wooton at RB, but maybe a cheapish option

millertop
06-01-2015, 03:03 PM

I'm not either but we can't be too harsh on the lad really seeing that he's a CB

millermanic
06-01-2015, 03:16 PM

Neither am I, no better than what we have, would be another uninspiring signing.

PeteWaller
06-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Maybe Wootton goes to CB, his favoured position to release Arnie into midfield??

riccallmiller
07-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Wootten is a better CB than a RB

Rothbiz
07-01-2015, 11:00 AM
reporter for PA on twitter:

"I understand @ChesterfieldFC have rejected an offer of around 600,000 from Rotherham for Eoin Doyle" - view external link (twitter.com/seantaylorpress)

Rothbiz
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Veal stated previously that "Deal may have been cash plus player." - view external link (twitter.com/jonathandveal83)

millertop
07-01-2015, 11:05 AM
[quote="Rothbiz"[/quote]

I heard the player was Derbyshire :s

DavidR__9
07-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Bit sceptical about Doyle. There are a fair few strikers who have one great season and then vanish. He could be a late developer, but he's 26 and this is the first season where he's really done anything. He's also not, by the looks of him, powerfully built.

If they've refused 600K plus Derbyshire, I wonder if they'd accept 150K if we agreed to keep Derbyshire with us?

millertop
07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Putting a 2nd bid in for Doyle but other clubs are interested in him including Derby.

hillsborough miller
07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
spoke to a dire fan at work and they want 2M for him so thats us out

so we have revell going and maybe brindley
2 out noone in so far
unless we do our usual business of getting players in on a thursday and friday and throw them straight in

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Chezzy value him at between 1m and 2m, so maybe 850,000 will get him.

crookadile
07-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Bit sceptical about Doyle. There are a fair few strikers who have one great season and then vanish.

A certain Mr Bowery springs to mind.

Brin
07-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Bit sceptical about Doyle. There are a fair few strikers who have one great season and then vanish.

A certain Mr Bowery springs to mind.[/quote]

Well he came from there and what I've seen of him they can have him back...

nys
07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Bit sceptical about Doyle. There are a fair few strikers who have one great season and then vanish. He could be a late developer, but he's 26 and this is the first season where he's really done anything. He's also not, by the looks of him, powerfully built.

If they've refused 600K plus Derbyshire, I wonder if they'd accept 150K if we agreed to keep Derbyshire with us?

That was my exact thought when I heard this rumour. I've seen many one season wonders. Derbyshire is an example, in my opinion. What I have noted, though, is that Doyle has scored a wide variety of goals this season and does seem to be quite an accomplished finisher. That is more important to our squad then another powerfully built forward, who contributes a great deal to our build up play, but doesn't get goals. The midfield aren't chipping in this year and sadly the defence never do, so we need a pure goalscorer.

PeteWaller
07-01-2015, 03:41 PM
I think he may be the real deal and I'm hoping we risk the investment

sawmiller
07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
If those other clubs are seriously interested, we can forget it - not a chance of competing with them

A London based central defender on their way to us...?

millertop
08-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Leeds interested in Ryan Hall, cant see that

RedAnt
08-01-2015, 08:48 AM
If the rumours about bids are true, then I'm disappointed. Not because of the player, but because of our usual protracted transfer dealings. Why can't we be like Brentford? They seem to find decent players, put in decent bids, and have the whole thing concluded before any rumours take hold. This must be why we never seem to bag our main targets.

Ravo_Miller
08-01-2015, 09:11 AM
If the rumours about bids are true, then I'm disappointed. Not because of the player, but because of our usual protracted transfer dealings. Why can't we be like Brentford? They seem to find decent players, put in decent bids, and have the whole thing concluded before any rumours take hold. This must be why we never seem to bag our main targets.

I think RedAnt that Brentford seem to have more money than we do. They are able to bid 1M plus for players. We have to try and negotiate more as we cannot stretch to that. I would imagine if we did bid 1M+ we would get the player mentioned on this thread, but can we really afford it? I think, bearing in mind our financial history, that we may just have to accept that we need to operate within our means. A London club may be more inclined to overspend as if one investor drops out you have more chance of finding another rich investor to take their place. I do not see this being the same i

swintondude
08-01-2015, 09:11 AM
I reckon we've been pipped at the post for someone. Two days ago the club put a Facebook message out saying news imminent or words to that effect.

Utter silence since.

not looking good chaps

RedAnt
08-01-2015, 09:27 AM

I think RedAnt that Brentford seem to have more money than we do. They are able to bid 1M plus for players. We have to try and negotiate more as we cannot stretch to that. I would imagine if we did bid 1M+ we would get the player mentioned on this thread, but can we really afford it? I think, bearing in mind our financial history, that we may just have to accept that we need to operate within our means. A London club may be more inclined to overspend as if one investor drops out you have more chance of finding another rich investor to tak

Wickersley_Miller
08-01-2015, 09:33 AM
I reckon we've been pipped at the post for someone. Two days ago the club put a Facebook message out saying news imminent or words to that effect.

Utter silence since.

not looking good chaps

That was the news about Rowe extending his loan to the end of the season, which they put out about 10 minutes after saying transfer news imminent

Ravo_Miller
08-01-2015, 09:50 AM

I think RedAnt that Brentford seem to have more money than we do. They are able to bid 1M plus for players. We have to try and negotiate more as we cannot stretch to that. I would imagine if we did bid 1M+ we would get the player mentioned on this thread, but can we really afford it? I think, bearing in mind our financial history, that we may just have to accept that we need to operate within our means. A London club may be more inclined to overspend as if one investor drops out you have more ch

millertop
08-01-2015, 03:53 PM
rumours that we have released Brandy, waiting on club to confirm (be waiting a while then ;) )

Also heard Wootton won't be staying with us

Few clubs interested in Pringle.

uttis
08-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Not all bad news then (the Brandy and Wootton bit)

twinnyjoe
08-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Linked with danny ward winger from huddersfield

millertop
08-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Not all bad news then (the Brandy and Wootton bit)

i just wish we had some sort of settled team :/

Think the Brandy bit came from Deano so must be true ;)

twinnyjoe
08-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Now had is contract terminated. The danny ward rumour also came from him [!]128521;

millertop
09-01-2015, 06:54 AM
don't know if any truth in this but talks broke down between Pringle & Millwall.

if this is/was true then have we lost the plot?

twinnyjoe
09-01-2015, 07:06 AM
Some 1 told me he has rejected contract extension so trying to sell rather than lose him for nothing in the summer. Don't know how true this is though!

millertop
09-01-2015, 07:12 AM
Some 1 told me he has rejected contract extension so trying to sell rather than lose him for nothing in the summer. Don't know how true this is though!

can understand that but Millwall? relegation rivals? not that we will be relegated :D

millertop
09-01-2015, 07:35 AM
@jonathandveal83

Millwall journo reporting that 175,000 deal for Pringle has fallen through :s

millertop
09-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Brindley deal might have fallen through too, S****horpe did'nt want to pay the fee, well do one then>:(

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 07:43 AM
either Evans is clearing out or the players want to go so 2 of our best players want to leave the latter has me worried

millertop
09-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Pringle couldn't agree personal terms with Millwall

millertop
09-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Tidier' s contract terminated :/ should have gone before imo, he was never going to play for us

Well its all happening XD

Rothbiz
10-01-2015, 07:40 AM
According to the Irish press, Celtic has joined the race for Eoin Doyle.

"Thus far, Rotherham have made three bids, the latest on Thursday when they offered 900,000 plus two players. However, Celtic are willing to meet the asking price [1.5m], placing them in pole position to secure the 26-year-old's services." - view external link (www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/celtic-ready-to-step-up-doyle-pursuit-with-15m-offer-30896560.html)

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Pringle couldn't agree personal terms with Millwall

I'm pleased another club failed to agree terms with Ben Pringle. We'll never know what we offered Pringle to extend or what Millwall used to try and tempt him away. Sometimes it feels like everyclub offers more than us and in this case both clubs were short of the mark. Since the Bosman ruling players wages have gone through the roof and it's all money leaving the game and driving up ticket prices.

Hopefully we can get back round the table with Ben Pringle and meet somewhere in the middle and sign a new longer contract. Unfortunately I had to watch the Preston Play Off game at NYS on Sky and he looked fantastic. I'm sure everybody in the ground thought the same but seeing his crosses and passes from lots of different angles really showed his talent. I hope we can enjoy a few more seasons of Ben Pringle in a Millers shirt.

UTM!

twinnyjoe
10-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Rumours that wolves have offered 175k for Pringle Nd he won't be involved today

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 10:31 AM
According to the Irish press, Celtic has joined the race for Eoin Doyle.

"Thus far, Rotherham have made three bids, the latest on Thursday when they offered 900,000 plus two players. However, Celtic are willing to meet the asking price [1.5m], placing them in pole position to secure the 26-year-old's services."

It feels like agents are using us as lever to get bigger fees from other clubs. Paying reasonable money for players is new for us as a club and I guess its a steep learning experience. I know I'm bias but I would sell the club to a player at the Million pound mark something like. You'll play every week, your home ground NYS is a decent stadium in a quality league instead of rotting in Premiership reserve team or on the bench of a bigger Championship club. To the selling club we'll put in a 20% sell on clause so if he takes off on fire you've got another pay day on the horizon. If he bombs out and is a total flop you've got

LiAmOfRuFc
10-01-2015, 12:56 PM
"Thus far, Rotherham have made three bids, the latest on Thursday when they offered 900,000 plus two players.

I bloody hope not!

LiAmOfRuFc
10-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Also, you can't tell me Prignle's value has decreased THAT much, we'd take a tenner for Lionel Messi if he was ours! - view external link (http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/pringle-as-good-as-wolves-4m-sako-says-evans-1-6494720)