PDA

View Full Version : Fearful about future

moorgatemiller
06-01-2015, 02:10 PM
So if the rumours are to be believed Revell is off to Cardiff (who clearly think he is good enough for the Championship, as I do) and we are negotiating to sign (for a fee) Wootton - oh dear! What are we doing or what is Evans doing to be more exact? It feels as if we are just going to have another mad window where we:-
1. Throw out the players who are loyal, hard working and will fight to stay up;
2. Bring in another 7 or 8 has been's, never were's and never will be's, with an odd quality loan player thrown in to keep us quiet. The loan player will probably be recalled after a month (if any good) and the others (with an odd exception), will provide the cast for the summer series of Revolving Door RUFC.

I really worry for the future of the club. Everyone knows the Championship is tough but even if the worst happened and we were to have gone down with the nucleus of last year's squad, we would have probably got up again as they were fighters. Instead we are getting worse!

I neve

hillsborough miller
06-01-2015, 02:35 PM
I TOTALLY completely agree with everything you said.

I never wanted Evans from the start, But I have to admit he has done well Promotions etc. but like I have said on other posts, his abrasive attitude towards players and officials has cost us money and points.
I myself would like TS to get independent advice from respected managers in the game so he can take a complete overview of Evans tenure his transfer policy ( re wasting money ( with hindsight thrown in)),coaching man management( gobbing at players).
The promotions have covered the cracks in his management style (I know I will ragged again by the Evans fan base) but I think he has come a league too far.
So why should our team be Evans championship training club to learn from his mistakes so when he takes us down and then leaves us broke and in the mire for another club with money to waste and he will leave, when another clubs comes a calling He didnt need much encouragement to leave crawley A team he has professed the same de

villamiller
06-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Fear not my posh friend. ;D , I thought exactly the same this time last year when he shipped out half the squad including nards our top scorer at the time ...I have loved revs being a miller but if the price is right...take it.
In Steve we trust ...( I fecking hope) B) B) B)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Don't worry Evans way is sustainable. :s :s

Galant
06-01-2015, 04:14 PM
In and out of administration.
Record 37 points deducted over 3 seasons.
Relegated to league 1 then league 2.
No stadium to play in.
Had to move to Sheffield under threat of a fine if not returning in a time limit.
Club run by amateurs.
Then the sun shines - we get a great chairman, great stadium, great manager, 2 promotion and NOW yes NOW YOU DECIDE TO WORRY FOR THE FUTURE!!!!!

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Yes admins never come out of the blue. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gIY_06vjus)

moorgatemiller
06-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes and I (with about 3000 others) was there throughout that period of administrations, points deductions and had season tickets each year at Don Valley. It is exactly the memory of returning to that that makes me fearful. Tony Stewart is a fantastic Chairman but he won't have bottomless pockets and surely can't afford the constant wasting of money

howdydoo
06-01-2015, 04:45 PM
If we're wasting money, god help the likes of Fulham.

Anyway I see the latest MM resident armchair manager, really likes your posts.

What a comfort, eh?

gwru
06-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Wooton at centre back & James hope they sign at least till end of season. Would like Tavernier back, need a right back. Revell & Pringle are out of contract end of season, they might not want to stop.

If they go going to need 2 strikers [ think Derbyshire is on the way out, should be ] right back & winger. Midfield player + left sided player. All fringe players who are not championship players got to be shown the door. Players such as Broadfoot & Green can go for me.

If we stop up it will beat the 2 promotions, these next 4 games Charlton away are only side not in the top 6. Just got to target matches we've got a chance of getting something out of. If we get right players in could get something at Brentford.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 05:34 PM
If we're wasting money, god help the likes of Fulham.

Anyway I see the latest MM resident armchair manager, really likes your posts.

What a comfort, eh?

PMSL XD XD

Armchair manager, what on football forum??

Isn't that what football forums are used for? (the ones I've seen are) you know give opinions on what you'd have done etc...

Why don't you start one where folk just agree everything the club does because it's users are not qualified to comment? Let me know how you get on.

howdydoo
06-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Better still, let's see your qualifications and/or evidence of expertise in anything?

The criticism directed at RUFC's manager and it's players on these boards is frankly pathetic.

You seem to be one of the most critical for some reason.

Two consecutive promotions and we're not even in the bottom three (that might be YET, granted) in a league where we're punching above our weight.

Evans's manager style is there, was there for all to see. He's a modern day Barry Fry and I bet not a nice bloke to work for. He'll bring in another 10+players before this seasons out because THAT'S WHAT HE DOES.

He was recruited to do a job on a limited budget and he's exceeded all expectations. The facts speak for themselves.

You could reel off any number of players in this league who earn a lot more and cost a lot more than the so called, (according to the MM grand achievers brigade) 'shower of shyte' Evans has bought.

Every season it's the same.

I know: let's buy shares in the top clubs in the cou

dell1525
06-01-2015, 06:25 PM
[quote="howdydoo"]Better still, let's see your qualifications and/or evidence of expertise in anything?

The criticism directed at RUFC's manager and it's players on these boards is frankly pathetic.

Two consecutive promotions and we're not even in the bottom three (that might be YET, granted) in a league where we're punching above our weight.

Evans's manager style is there, was there for all to see. He's a modern day Barry Fry and I bet not a nice bloke to work for. He'll bring in another 10+players before this seasons out because THAT'S WHAT HE DOES.

He was recruited to do a job on a limited budget and he's exceeded all expectations. The facts speak for themselves.

You could reel off any number of players in this league who earn a lot more and cost a lot more than the so called, (according to the MM grand achievers brigade) 'shower of shyte' Evans has bought.

Every season it's the same.

I know

millavanilla
06-01-2015, 06:46 PM
[quote="Galant"]In and out of administration.
Record 37 points deducted over 3 seasons.
Relegated to league 1 then league 2.
No stadium to play in.
Had to move to Sheffield under threat of a fine if not returning in a time limit.
Club run by amateurs.
Then the sun shines - we get a great chairman, great stadium, great manager, 2 promotion and NOW yes NOW YOU DECIDE TO WORRY FOR THE FUTURE!!!!![/
quote]

not to worry, it will not happen...maybe emperor hirohito thought the same...

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 07:22 PM
I give my opinions like everyone else does and will continue to do so (keeps the board interesting I believe and you didn't address my point above, just put some irreverent things to distract away from it?), based on what I see and what information I have. My crime seems to be you not liking them/me (not the only one to post similar things and some other poster's can be very abusive, have I been?) and disagreeing with you the other day. Insult away I care not and don't hold grudges.

I don't think this way is sustainable, time will tell, hope I'm wrong.

I love how folk always assume (sure you'll point out where I've been guilty of this) and tar with the same brush, both highly stupid things to do.

Didn't say anything about the Government buying anything. Did say 'probably after a revolution.'

You seem really nice though Howdy. :heart: :heart:

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 07:23 PM
[quote="dell1525"]Better still, let's see your qualifications and/or evidence of expertise in anything?

You could reel off any number of players in this league who earn a lot more and cost a lot more than the so called, (according to the MM grand achievers brigade) 'shower of shyte' Evans ha

C_Millers
06-01-2015, 07:34 PM
A championship club shouldn't have to be doing what we are about to do now in completely re shaping the squad mid season. I keep hearing we can't afford this and we can't afford that but signing in excess of twenty players suggests otherwise to me.

Big transfer window for Evans but I'm not sure I trust him after the dross he fetched in during the summer.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 07:42 PM
I give my opinions like everyone else does and will continue to do so (keeps the board interesting I believe and you didn't address my point above, just put some irreverent things to distract away from it?), based on what I see and what information I have. My crime seems to be you not liking them/me (not the only one to post similar things and some other poster's can be very abusive, have I been?) and disagreeing with you the other day. Insult away I care not and don't hold grudges.

I don't think this way is sustainable, time will tell, hope I'm wrong.

I love how folk always assume (sure you'll point out where I've been guilty of this) and tar with the same brush, both highly stupid things to do.

Didn't say anything about the Government buying anything. Did say 'Would require a competent Government though and probably after a revolution.'

You seem really nice though Howdy. :heart: :heart:

An Edit: didn't have time

howdydoo
06-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Own??? Buy???

Nitpicking?????

Still a potty idealogy.

Don't take anything I post personally.

Just imagine how our players/management team feel. They get it 100 fold.

Get back to posting those CV 's off.