PDA

View Full Version : OT bin collection

millertop
06-01-2015, 04:07 PM
What an utter joke the system is.

Short warning about the snow, load of my arse, I knew about it >:(
We couldn't get out as it was raining which would have just washed the salt away, RAIN? , load of my arse again

For health and safety of the PUBLIC we will not be attempting to empty bins but the PUBLIC can help by clearing in front of their properties XD don't worry about it if you break your neck though >:(

It's disguising going through some areas with bags ripped and thrown all over the place >:(

crashbang
06-01-2015, 04:09 PM
I just took any excess to the dumpit site.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
06-01-2015, 04:11 PM

I would have done if I didn't have to get a permit.

crashbang
06-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Just go later on and chuck it over the fence.

millertop
06-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Yes as would any decent folk do but there's not many about by the looks of some area ;)

I don't mind going to dump site , It's the stupid excuses that grate me though

millertop
06-01-2015, 04:16 PM

I would have done if I didn't have to get a permit.[/quote]

Just wait there for the others dropping waste off and throw it in their car ;D

Galant
06-01-2015, 04:17 PM
Is it time we privatised all council services - they seem to be toss at everything - bins, salting, policing parking, child protection ...

crashbang
06-01-2015, 04:17 PM
It's not the bin men. they take owt round here and don't moan. The H&S brigade and risk management rsoles are the problem.

Galant
06-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Sorry - to be fair they are good at one thing - paying themselves double the expenses that Sheffield Councillors claim - credit where it's due they are very good at that - Labour out - anybody in, absolutely anybody.

crashbang
06-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Sorry - to be fair they are good at one thing - paying themselves double the expenses that Sheffield Councillors claim - credit where it's due they are very good at that - Labour out - anybody in, absolutely anybody.

Bins Man Bins . don't start meandering

Peeble
06-01-2015, 04:24 PM

Bins Man Bins . don't start meandering[/quote]

Bins Man bins is he not the Man city owner?

millertop
06-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Extra crews have been sent out, where is anyone's guess .

They keep saying they are a day behind, will collect next day, next day after that,Next day after that :/

Now it's all bins will be emptied by Friday

They should send the sweepers out aswell

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Is it time we privatised all council services - they seem to be toss at everything - bins, salting, policing parking, child protection ...

Dramatic action in respect of the council may be closer than we think

crashbang
06-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Utilise your neighbours bins. When you hear them complailing, hint about the new ones who have moved in the area.

Deepmidwinter
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Utilise your neighbours bins. When you hear them complailing, hint about the new ones who have moved in the area.

Not possible Crash - someone is living in it

danomiller
06-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Ours was due last Tuesday then obviously the bad weather was about they sent a message out saying it'll be Monday so put it all out no bin men I've tweeted them twice with 'rubbish replies'!!, I was rather p!seed off this morning when they did the main road at bottom but didn't come onto estate it's becoming a joke now tbh

fc_miller
06-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Is it really such a big problem. Ours was due to be collected last friday, didn't come then or saturday, so put it out on monday along with two black bin bags next to the bin and it was all collected...no problem.

one_a_day
07-01-2015, 07:05 AM
I can't remember the last time mine got emptied. According to RMBCs website they were going to empty it on the 5th. It is still stood on the pavement full to the brim.

I went to the waste recycling site last week to get rid of the excess but it's started to build up again. We'll end up with rats at this rate.

I was peeved off when they went on strike. My bin gets emptied on a Friday and the strike was on a Thursday. So why the hell did they empty the Thursday bins on the Friday leaving mine full for a further two weeks?

Brin
07-01-2015, 08:15 AM
Ease up fellas you sound like cackling women over a garden fence...

Let me guess... The majority of your bins were stuffed with all your Xmas wrapping papers and packaging? No... Then I'll move on...

If they were do what I did ... Burn the excess to free up some space in my bin...

Yes they were 4 days late emptying mine but here they are now as I type back on schedule... Christ knows how some of you would have got in in a war XD

Happy New Year to you all ... And to all bin men ;D

collecting
07-01-2015, 11:06 AM
No one gave a toss in the old days. Bin man would come down t path and empty your static bin and replace it complete with lid and no maggots.
Bins are now preoccupying everyones life (wheel em in wheel em out, black, green, box, bag).

Is it worth a third party emptying the tins before council and selling em ?

Life post 2000 - Bin World.

millertop
07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Is it really such a big problem. Ours was due to be collected last friday, didn't come then or saturday, so put it out on monday along with two black bin bags next to the bin and it was all collected...no problem.

No problem then for you but some haven't had their bin emptied for 2 WEEKS

Val_Mascal
07-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Anybody remember "the good old days" when the bin men expected a "Christmas bonus" for emptying your bin? Failure to acknowledge this "tradition" was likely to leave you with a full bin over Christmas...or worse; rubbish strewn all over your front garden!

walter10
07-01-2015, 01:15 PM
It is a sad reflection on the state of this country that grown adults cannot take care of a bit of rubbish for a few days.

Galant
07-01-2015, 01:37 PM
"Is it really such a big problem. Ours was due to be collected last friday, didn't come then or saturday, so put it out on monday along with two black bin bags next to the bin and it was all collected...no problem."

Yes it is - I pay 244 per month council tax and get sweet fa in return.
Also I have to drag the bin 150ft up the driveway and back every day until they deign to turn up - t...ss...rs.

one_a_day
07-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Update: Drove down Bawtry road this morning and passed a bin lorry near to Moorlands. Got very excited as Iive near Wick Comp.

Alas, I came home from work to find out my bin hasn't been emptied.

I pay Band E council tax and expect to get the service I pay for.