PDA

View Full Version : Richard Brindley

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
07-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Millers defender Richard Brindley talks to The Star about what the future might hold for him as he looks for more match action. - view external link (http://bit.ly/1tIvjvR)

TimeforAle
07-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Heís already a fan of Rotherhamís new pass-and-move approach.

ďItís important that we push on now. In the league Iíve seen weíve been doing quite well. Thereís a new style now, which Iíll have to adapt to if Iím going to be here, and I think the lads are confident we can do well for the rest of the season.Ē

...this quote doesn't say he is a fan of the new approach at all!!!

Good luck Brindley, whereever you may go, cos I can't see you wearing a Millers shirt again - which is a shame.

twinnyjoe
07-01-2015, 09:25 AM
S****horpe have made a bid for him

DavidR__9
07-01-2015, 09:28 AM
I think Brindley is worth persevering with. He's young, relatively inexperienced (so makes naive mistakes, rather than ones through lack of innate ability) and quick. He's got quick feet, too. He's the kind of player who we could coach into a real asset, I think.

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 09:34 AM
I will hold my hand up here and say I changed my opinion about Brindley overnight.

I was convinced he was going to be important for us because he had pace and only a fortnight ago I suggested that he should be in the team.

Up to halftime against Bournemouth I was convinced I had got it right. After the second half I realised I had got it totally wrong. This wasn't a player having an off day. It was a player who just didn't know how to defend. His positional play was that bad that even his speed wouldn't compensate. He was totally and utterly out of his depth.

Sell him to Scunny and wish him all the best.

Seems a nice fella.

millertop
07-01-2015, 09:35 AM
I've always liked Brindley, you can see he's got potential, give him a run of games and IMO I think he would be better than Richardson.

If we sign Wootton then that's 5 at CB, if Evans is thinking of getting shut in defence then let one of them go

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Always thought he looked good and especially when it mattered in the playoffs and thought he should have already had a chance because of this. I can't comment about the Bournemouth game because I wasn't there, I was WORKING! (FAO howdydoo) :)

RawmarshMiller
07-01-2015, 09:48 AM
IBS - got to disagree. Second half wasn't really Brindleys fault. Bournemouth simply pushed their full-back high up the pitch and subsequently made every wide situation a 2 v 1 in their benefit. We played with everything in front of the back 4 very narrow, really exposing us down the flanks.

It was brindley who put the ball in for Derbyshire's miss.

For me, get a decent right hand sided midfielder in front of him and this lad will develop.

ColinRUFC
07-01-2015, 10:03 AM
IBS - got to disagree. Second half wasn't really Brindleys fault. Bournemouth simply pushed their full-back high up the pitch and subsequently made every wide situation a 2 v 1 in their benefit. We played with everything in front of the back 4 very narrow, really exposing us down the flanks.

For me, get a decent right hand sided midfielder in front of him and this lad will develop.

Evans doesn't play with right midfielders though. He seems to have adopted the trendy new Premier league idea of sticking strikers on the right wing. See Agard, Taylor and lately Bowery.

That policy affords no protection to an attack minded full back, which is why so often our right full backs get so much stick for regularly being caught out of position. Only Tavernier, with his superior ability, has managed to pull off the role of "full back behind a striker on the wing" successfully in

dmentor
07-01-2015, 10:08 AM
He's nowhere near ready to play in the Championship,i nearly fell out of my seat when they announced him MOM,he does have potential,im not saying he doesn't,it may be a good idea to loan him out to S****horpe for the rest of the season,so he get's regular first team football.

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 10:36 AM

Not saying it was his fault although he was partially responsible.

He has pace which is a valuable commodity but he just doesn't seem to have that defensive instinct. It might have been worth trying him as a right sided midfielder but I think his chance has gone now and he will go.

fivetide
07-01-2015, 10:43 AM
For me his comments say a lot about how he plays. He likes to get forward.

Seems like he could be more of a right winger stepping back to help out in defense rather than being a defender who goes forward. Certainly at this level.

While he has been admired at Scunny, the forward play isn't as ruthless so naivety doesn't get shown up as much (i guess).

For that reason I think he is certainly a prospect. On one hand we are being criticised for not developing players but at the same time, shipping out the ones who do have a bit of promise simply because we can't risk the time to develop them. Vicious circle.

DavidR__9
07-01-2015, 10:47 AM
IBS - it's about development and potential, though. He's been playing in League One (and then only a handful of games), comes back in, trains two days with a side that is collectively adjusting to a new approach and is then thrown into action against a top team playing well. In some respects, his game was very similar to the first game that James had for us. Good going forward, but with some naive mistakes defensively. James has improved, but he still was at fault for at least one of Bournemouth's goals (where he let Stanislaus get a run on him to score).

To me, if Brindley had been our new loan signing from Norwich reserves, we'd be impressed by him. But because he's been around a bit, we forget he's young, raw and still developing.

This kind of touches on my point about how we run the squad. My concern is that we're too focussed on the here and now. I completely get Evans' categorisation of players as good enough, not good enough and maybe good enough (which means not good enough

Wonder_goal
07-01-2015, 10:54 AM
I thought Brindley in his short stint looked good for us "scunny", albeit in lg 1. Brindley will still have flaws in his games, he's young and obviously needs more games,but,he's got the quality there, just needs fine tuning.

I hope we get the deal done, looks a good prospect to me.

Good luck for the rest of the season !

collecting
07-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Sell.

millertop
07-01-2015, 11:01 AM
[quote="Wonder_goal", albeit in lg 1. Brindley will still have flaws in his games, he's young and obviously needs more games,but,he's got the quality there, just needs fine tuning.

I hope we get the deal done, looks a good prospect to me.

Good luck for the rest of the season ![/quote]

I don't know if I'm reading this right, are you saying we should get rid or? :s

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
[quote="DavidR__9"]IBS - it's about development and potential, though. He's been playing in League One (and then only a handful of games), comes back in, trains two days with a side that is collectively adjusting to a new approach and is then thrown into action against a top team playing well. In some respects, his game was very similar to the first game that James had for us. Good going forward, but with some naive mistakes defensively. James has improved, but he still was at fault for at least one of Bournemouth's goals (where he let Stanislaus get a run on him to score).

To me, if Brindley had been our new loan signing from Norwich reserves, we'd be impressed by him. But because he's been around a bit, we forget he's young, raw and still developing.

This kind of touches on my point about how we run the squad. My concern is that we're too focussed on the here and now. I completely get Evans' categorisation of players as good enough, not good enough and

millertop
07-01-2015, 11:27 AM
[quote="the_idiotb_stardson"]IBS - it's about development and potential, though. He's been playing in League One (and then only a handful of games), comes back in, trains two days with a side that is collectively adjusting to a new approach and is then thrown into action against a top team playing well. In some respects, his game was very similar to the first game that James had for us. Good going forward, but with some naive mistakes defensively. James has improved, but he still was at fault for at least one of Bournemouth's goals (where he let Stanislaus get a run on him to score).

This kind of touches on my point about how we run the squad. My concern is that we're too focussed on the here and now. I completely get Evans' cate

millertop
08-01-2015, 07:56 AM
is he going to S****horpe on loan or permanent? :/

riccallmiller
08-01-2015, 09:51 PM
I would sell or let him out for the season and see where we are next season. He is not a championship player and apart from JCH was our worst overall on saturday. I have sympathy for him because it was a hard game for him but he was poor for a big part of it.

deMiller
08-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Id say Brindley has potential, maybe not quite Championship quality yet but League 1 yes.
Could be important if we get relegated as he could be just like Tavs offering an attacking option all the way from defence.

minnow55
08-01-2015, 11:05 PM
He has been out on loan where ever so he should be match fit and I think he will do a good job for us now.