PDA

View Full Version : Revell bid accepted

elvisisamiller
07-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Millers accept cardiffs bid for revs all I can say is good luck revs you'll be missed by a lot of fans you always gave 100% even when the going was tough and you was getting knocked left right and centre by the opposition defence but still carried on when others would have faded away and gone into hiding . Once again revs good luck

wrinkly
07-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Millers accept cardiffs bid for revs all I can say is good luck revs you'll be missed by a lot of fans you always gave 100% even when the going was tough and you was getting knocked left right and centre by the opposition defence but still carried on when others would have faded away and gone into hiding . Once again revs good luck

All the very best Alex. You had your limitations but a lack of heart certainly wasn't one of them.

A major player in the best 2 years of my 50+ years of being a Miller.

Not a brilliant goal scorer but a scorer of brilliant goals.

http://i57.tinypic.com/302ure8.jpg

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Gutted, but if it paves the way forward then so be it.
And if your looking in Alex, please play crap against us! ;D

BigLadonOS
07-01-2015, 12:00 PM
All the best Alex.

You will be missed by more than those who wont miss you.

Always gave 100% and in my book should be staying with us.

Good Luck m8.

UTM

axholme_miller
07-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Rubbish decision my opinion. Best striker and the only one ever likely to score off loaded! Amazing!!!

millermanic
07-01-2015, 12:23 PM
the only one ever likely to score

Tongue in cheek surely?

fivetide
07-01-2015, 12:28 PM
All the best Revs. Not sure what we do without him, it isn't like we've looked remotely threatening without him in the side.

Shame that it has gone so wrong that the hero of last year feels the need to move on and that we feel we need to sell him.

On paper though, should be good business for an older player looking for a last nice payday (with a manager he likes) and a club like ours getting money for an out of contract player who, for whatever reason, didn't look like signing again.

Good luck at the Blues. I am sure this will come back to bite a few people on the Jacksie.

GijsbertBos
07-01-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll admit I was originally not his biggest fan, but over the last couple of years he has been a real asset to the side, and I'm struggling to see the sense in this decision.

Although not a natural goalscorer he was a nuisance to opposing defenders if nothing else and provided opportunities for others around him.

The decision makes me question Steve Evans somewhat. Since day 1 he has sang Revell's praises and then all of a sudden, he's on the verge of leaving for a Championship rival.

It really feels like the wheels are falling off the roller coaster that Evans has spoken of in the past.

Good luck Alex, you will always be remembered fondly here. Still can't get enough of watching THAT goal.

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Anyone would think that this was an obituary, he hasn't died, he's just changing jobs!

GijsbertBos
07-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Anyone would think that this was an obituary, he hasn't died, he's just changing jobs!

Constructive

millertop
07-01-2015, 12:53 PM
He is 31 and his contract runs out soon, other clubs want him then maybe its in the best interest of the club (we are not a charity) that he goes.

Maybe others will get a run of games now.
We need a striker who will score goals, let's see this happen.

royalfunkness
07-01-2015, 12:55 PM
One of my all time favourite players. Always played his heart out and provided me with my greatest footballing memory.

Possibly the hardest working I've ever seen and has come in for some unfair criticism in his time here.

All the best Revs, fantastic servant to this club. We wouldn't be trying to survive in the Championship without you. I for one, will miss you.

Grozzrufc69
07-01-2015, 01:04 PM
I would like to say a big thank you to Mr Revell for his efforts in his time with us but this must be the best business Rotherham United have ever done and if I am being honest I cannot believe anyone at our level would pay to have him.

League 2 and league 1 yes but not a side with aspirations of actually doing anything in the Championship surely not.

His effort and work rate cannot be questioned but at the level we are now at he is simply not good enough and at his age never will be. Things move on in football and there is no place for sentiment.

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Constructive[/quote]

No, my constructive bit was post no3 on this thread, this was my "he's still alive" post! XD

Galant
07-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Have the club said that a bid has been accepted? We aren't relying on a twa..t..r feed are we?

twinnyjoe
07-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Been confirmed by radio sheffield and journalist who work for the club

PeteWaller
07-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Sounds like it's just down to a medical now

DavidEdinburgh
07-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Whatever your view on Revs, this weakens our team, there is no doubt of that whatsoever.

The plan is to strengthen the team so I'm expecting to be fecking gobsmacked by our brilliant new signings this time around if selling Revs is the benchmark.

LiverDamage
07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Prepare to be underwhelmed again.UTM ;D

millerman_in_newyork
07-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Gutted if Alex leaves us but really pleased for him if it gives him and his family security for longer.

He's the type of hard working player who's battling qualities will be severely missed in our battle to avoid relegation and I think most fans would acknowledge that. SE has brought in lots of strikers but none have been capable of displacing Alex and that speaks volumes for what he's done for us. Management have to get his replacement right this time as I fear the worse with what we currently have.

Good luck Alex, you will always be a Millers legend!

MysteryMiller
07-01-2015, 07:38 PM
If we have accepted a bid from Cardiff a Revs is off then it has to be a financial as opposed to a footballing decision.

Cardiff have Alfie, Kenywne Jone, Nicky Maynard and Frederico Macheda who are all premiership quality strikers. Is revs better than them? will he get a run in the team like he gets at Rotherham? I doubt it.

I am sure he will be on a stack more money but I am not sure he really wants to go.

If he does however, then Good Luck Alex, Thanks for everything and you will be missed.

CrackersATM
07-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Cardiff have strikers with far higher profiles but Revs will be the only one signed by the current manager so who knows. Reference the extra money, he's 31 and probably has a mortgage and family to feed. In the next few years he's going to have to make a career change or if he moves into coaching and take a large paycut. I for one don't blame him putting his family first and in his shoes I would do the same. Like Alan Lee the fact he's got us some sought of fee just cements his status as one of the clubs best servants.

Good luck Revs,

UTM!

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Good luck Alex Revel.
My number one on the team sheet every week, took a lot of stick from opposing defences, but still carried on with a blood & guts attitude.
He also faced a lot of stick from this forum, which a lot of people who forever criticized him didn't see what a good job he did upfront for the Millers.

riccallmiller
07-01-2015, 10:41 PM
I hope for our sake there is a re=think but if not good luck but i think we will need it more than you.

Rothbiz
08-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Deal going through tonight according to tomorrow's 'tizer. Undisclosed but "in the region if 400k."

Article says contract talks with RUFC ended a few weeks ago with Evans saying they couldn't let the contract just run out with the money that was being talked about.

CrackersATM
08-01-2015, 05:29 PM
400K is higher than previously quoted and more than I thought we get due to his age and length of contract. If it is 400K then its good business on paper and hopefully when added to the funds we've already been trying to spend we'll have a reasonable transfer kitty. Also more chance of Revs being part of their plans if actually handing over cash.

UTM!

wrinkly
08-01-2015, 05:33 PM
400K is higher than previously quoted and more than I thought we get due to his age and length of contract. If it is 400K then its good business on paper and hopefully when added to the funds we've already been trying to spend we'll have a reasonable transfer kitty. Also more chance of Revs being part of their plans if actually handing over cash.

UTM!

I was just logging in to make the same observation when your post appeared.

If it is 400k then it is great business on our part.

Timbertop
08-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Lets get Tom Bradshaw bought now.

gramiller1959
08-01-2015, 06:28 PM
[quote="Rothbiz"

Article says contract talks with RUFC ended a few weeks ago with Evans saying they couldn't let the contract just run out with the money that was being talked about.[/quote]

that sounds a more acceptable figure than the 175k which for a championship striker was p.ss poor

millertop
08-01-2015, 07:06 PM
There no way they have paid 400k for Revell XD

twinnyjoe
08-01-2015, 07:09 PM
No way will it be 400k. Maybe if they got promoted and more adds on but won't be a lump sum.

tivolliman
08-01-2015, 08:11 PM
My number one on the team sheet. If all our players gave as much as he, then we would have no probs - a
few more goals would have been nice.

Good luck Alex and thank you:heart: :heart:

gramiller1959
08-01-2015, 08:14 PM
he is a championship striker now not league 2 :)

450k for alf now worth 3 million same as grabban

twinnyjoe
08-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Yes but he's also 32 and out of contract in summer

caytonmiller
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM
very best of luck to revell.
would be interested in nicky Maynard coming this way

CrackersATM
08-01-2015, 09:05 PM
I did wonder about Maynard. He's either constantly injured or bottom of their pecking order. A fit and hungry Nicky Maynard would walk into our team if we could land him.

UTM!

twinnyjoe
08-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Cardiff are aslo close to signing a striker from chelsea on loan as well. So that Jones, alfie, revell, macheda, new loan signing and Maynard. Can't see Maynard getting a look in at all

DavidEdinburgh
08-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Cardiff are aslo close to signing a striker from chelsea on loan as well. So that Jones, alfie, revell, macheda, new loan signing and Maynard. Can't see Maynard getting a look in at all

I honestly don’t know what Cardiff are playing at, it’s not like you need any strikers in a team to win a football match… oh, no wait… there might be something in that, maybe we are missing something?? ;D ;D

twinnyjoe
08-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Ha maybe so, slade did say he wants to trim his squad though so can't see them having 6 strikers on the wage bill at once.

minnow55
08-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Revs is a better ball player than we ever gave him credit for. We only used him for a target man and I think that RS can see more quality in Revs than our duo or trio if you include PW ever could. Good luck to the lad and now he can start enjoying his football.