07-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Had a 600k plus player bid rejected by chesterfield

millertop
07-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Had a 600k plus player bid rejected by chesterfield

Look on Rotherham United transfer rumours thread

dalemiller
07-01-2015, 11:14 AM
We've no chance of signing him ...Cardiff & Derby after him !

twinnyjoe
07-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Apparently going back in with 2nd bid 850k plus add ons

GijsbertBos
07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Just say Chesterfield were to accept a proposed bid for cash + Derbyshire, would they be willing to pay the reported wages Derbyshire is on here? And if not would Derbyshire be willing to take a cut when he is perfectly within his rights to stay here and earn the higher money?

I would be amazed if we sign Doyle. I can see it turn into a Stevie May type saga.

ColinRUFC
07-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Just for balance in the discussion, Chesterfield are saying they've had no formal bids for any of their players.

Someone is telling porkies.

elvisisamiller
07-01-2015, 02:42 PM
The fee that Chesterfield want is a joke . They are wanting more than what we got from reading for Alfie and doyle couldn't tie Alfie's bootlaces , Alfie proved himself regulary each season who's to say this season for Doyle is a one off , this could also be another Tubbs affair and could be one big 50/50 chance of being a success if it comes off if we do sign him if not Evans would need a tank for protection to save him from the barrage of flack for wasting huge amounts of cash on a flop

gazisamiller
07-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Difficult one to judge this. On the one hand Doyle only scored 6 goals in a League 2 season when his club won the Championship.

On the other, we've had first hand experience of a player not having a particularly good scoring record before coming good in Kieren Agard.

I certainly wouldn't be spending 850k on such a risk though. Look at it another way, would you spend 850k on Kieren Agard? Too big a risk

elvisisamiller
07-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Since Leicester are after another striker I wounder if we could tempt them with 500k for Lawrence plus add ons as opposed to the amounts offered for Doyle as Lawrence seems the better prospect than Doyle