PDA

View Full Version : O/T France attack

crashbang
07-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Don't click the link if you get upset easily.

Thes ba$dards are going to get worse unless we start to come down on them. - view external link (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bc6_1420632668)

fivetide
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM
But but they had a protest in Germany saying just this and were leapt on for being racist and anti immigration.

Must have been because of all the shooting and bombing you see these scared citizens doing... no wait, that's the other lot sorry. The ones that follow the peaceful religion.

millertop
07-01-2015, 03:18 PM
There shouldn't be any excuse for that what so ever ,just shoot the ****ers.

jolly_roger
07-01-2015, 03:31 PM
But but they had a protest in Germany saying just this and were leapt on for being racist and anti immigration.

Must have been because of all the shooting and bombing you see these scared citizens doing... no wait, that's the other lot sorry. The ones that follow the peaceful religion.

Isn't it France that has the highest proportion of muslims in their population than any other EU country?

You reap what you sow

(pauses for bleeding heart to appear to tell us that not all muslims are bad)

Fensmiller
07-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Dreadful, shocking footage, big brave dudes shooting a guy when he's down. Why didn't they stay and shoot it out like the brave boys they think they are, I would have thought they couldn't wait to get up to heaven and the 72 virgins waiting for them. Wish I'd been up there with the camera guys with a bren!

frogmiller
07-01-2015, 03:43 PM

Isn't it France that has the highest proportion of muslims in their population than any other EU country?

You reap what you sow

(pauses for bleeding heart to appear to tell us that not all muslims are bad)[/quote]

You're right Jolly France has the largest muslim population but have a look at the link.

Swededn and Belgium are the biggest suppliers of fighter per head. - view external link (http://www.rferl.org/contentinfographics/infographics/26584940.html)

crashbang
07-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I don't give a Monkeys for this, but Muslim is a by word for terrorism.
AKA or just AK
Mention Muslim on the News , first thing you think of is ."What the fk now"
I bet thes ****s were on the radar, in future shoot before they can protest about "Being insulted" Makes you want to weep,

As far as the satirical cartoonist.
The Muslims said.
"They drew first"

crashbang
07-01-2015, 04:31 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2hycqya.jpg

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Why don't the media report stuff like this? Why don't the Governments use stuff like this? Better than drone strikes etc... that are proven to create more terrorists. - view external link (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/07/isis-s-gruesome-muslim-death-toll.html)

crashbang
07-01-2015, 06:06 PM

You reap what you sow

(pauses for bleeding heart to appear to tell us that not all muslims are bad)[/quote]

No just brain dead whores.

John2
07-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Thes ba$dards are going to get worse unless we start to come down on them.

Every western country is investing massively in anti terrorism. What do we do extra to "come down on them" that we aren't already?

crashbang
07-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Thes ba$dards are going to get worse unless we start to come down on them.

Every western country is investing massively in anti terrorism. What do we do extra to "come down on them" that we aren't already?[/quote]

Post 7. unless you have selective reading.

John2
07-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Post 7. unless you have selective reading.

OK, I've re-read it a couple of times incase I missed it... but I haven't a clue what you're suggesting?

crashbang
07-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Round the suspects up and shoot the fekers .
Is that plain enough?

John2
07-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Round the suspects up and shoot the fekers .
Is that plain enough?

Capital punishment is your solution for terrorism?

You think this attack wouldn't have happened if France had capital punishment?

crashbang
07-01-2015, 06:46 PM
No just sit down and have a chat with them, to see if we could appease them and bend over any more to get shafted.

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 06:54 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2hycqya.jpg

You forgot to put drones, nuclear bombs, illegal wars , torture at Guantanamo and concentration camps on the left hand side.

walter10
07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
This is a disgrace.

But there was no mention on here of the 100 kids killed by the Taliban in Peshawar. Both events are truly awful.

I hope these events can be a turning point in the fight against these terrorists. It needs to be a joint effort between the west and middle east countries.

I have several Muslim friends in the middle east. Looking at their facebook pages they are more incensed at the Paris attack than anything I have read on here.

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 07:01 PM
France have called for a minutes silence tomorrow (Thursday) at 12 noon. I will also respect this as I believe that France does not stand alone in the sadness and bewilderment of the atrocity we have seen today.
A minutes silence boys, that's all they're asking.

walter10
07-01-2015, 07:03 PM
The irony. The protest in the West about the Islamification of the West. Against the terror groups who are against the West ification of Islam.

John2
07-01-2015, 07:10 PM
No just sit down and have a chat with them, to see if we could appease them and bend over any more to get shafted.

So you were just spouting nonsense?

crashbang
07-01-2015, 07:17 PM

So you were just spouting nonsense?[/quote]

No John Just what I think.
What would you do oracle?

Before you log out again to think of a deep reply.
Ooops gone again.

stormmiller
07-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Not all muslims are bad! curent thinking has it at 25% of muslims are radicals or harbour radical leanings that leaves 75% who don't really dream about cutting your head off!

on a side note only 7-10% of germans were nazi's in 1939 and we know how that turned out!

John2
07-01-2015, 07:40 PM
No John Just what I think.

I've been unable to decipher any solution put forward from your posts, I'm genuinely just trying to work out what you think and to ascertain that you actually have.

What would you do oracle?

I've not claimed anything I have said contains any answers.

John2
07-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Not all muslims are bad! curent thinking has it at 25% of muslims are radicals or harbour radical leanings that leaves 75% who don't really dream about cutting your head off!

Who has come up with that "thinking"?

BigRotherhamFanMe
07-01-2015, 07:42 PM
To be honest, I'm becoming less surprised with every atrocity committed in the of this backward faith.

If we had any will to stop this, immigration from any predominantly muslim country would be reduced to a trickle and a strategy of deportation/repatriation and zero-tolerance approach to Islamism would be implemented.

The grim truth is, I can only see things getting worse.

stormmiller
07-01-2015, 07:44 PM
we could tell you but then we would have to come round and cut your head off and sell your wif and kids into slavery

BigRotherhamFanMe
07-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Who has come up with that "thinking"?[/quote]

I suppose that depends on how 'radical' is defined.

Irrespective of that, I'm sure I read somewhere that a good majority of people in Pakistan support the death penalty for blasphemy. Given most muslims in the Uk are of Pakistani heritage, that's a concern.

John2
07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
If we had any will to stop this, immigration from any predominantly muslim country would be reduced to a trickle and a strategy of deportation/repatriation and zero-tolerance approach to Islamism would be implemented.

How many immigrants to the UK each year do you think come from Muslim countries?

There has not been a single attempted or successful terrorist attack committed in the UK ever by somebody who immigrated here from a predominantly Muslim country.

So we start deporting (for what?) members of the Muslim community who were born here? Would that not inflame and be more likely to create resentment, divisions and attacks?

stormmiller
07-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Not if you've chucked them all out :D we start there celtic fans next then wednesday fans and if they dont buck there idea's up liverpool will be on the list

fivetide
07-01-2015, 08:10 PM
I've not claimed anything I have said contains any answers.

To be fair, that isn't very useful either.

All you have done is rubbish things and find fault. It would be good if you could come up with some ideas instead of just knocking others.

Not that I think the shooting everyone suggestion will work but you get the point.

stormmiller
07-01-2015, 08:15 PM
on a serious note john regarding your last post look up operation nimrod ;D

John2
07-01-2015, 08:23 PM
on a serious note john regarding your last post look up operation nimrod ;D

An excellent contribution, I had failed to consider pre-9/11.

Edit: Technically speaking that attack took place on Iranian soil ;D

John2
07-01-2015, 08:25 PM
All you have done is rubbish things and find fault.

It's called a critique, I've had no intention to knock, just to establish what people were saying. It seems to have been vacuous, but I felt maybe I had missed something.

scum_triumphant
08-01-2015, 08:25 AM
In my opinion the views in this thread are exactly the type of divide and conquer tactics that the terrorists are aiming to achieve in their bigger picture.

Every person that turns against the majority because of the actions of the minorities is another bullet fired by an extremist.

Solidarity is the key to winning this war on terror.

leedsmiller
08-01-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't recall any anti-Catholic backlash when the IRA were bombing pubs in Birmingham. Neither do I recall being fearful of everyone with an Irish accent.

howdydoo
08-01-2015, 09:13 AM
In my opinion the views in this thread are exactly the type of divide and conquer tactics that the terrorists are aiming to achieve in their bigger picture.

Every person that turns against the majority because of the actions of the minorities is another bullet fired by an extremist.

If you want to win this type of war, the policy makers in the EU and the UK need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

We're still playing this outdated game of party politics, when we should be voting on different policies that affect the population.

Let's stick crosses on ballot papers that affect:

Health, Education, Defence, Immigration, Eco, Housing, Law and Order etc etc.

Break these down and all of a sudden, you'll get much nearer to the 'will of the people' than we have now. let's stick a list of 30 topics on a ballot paper and vote on each one. As an example, how many Labour vot

John2
08-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Free speech has been oppressed to such a level that any rational dissenters are classed as racist, as soon as they open their gobs.

This old chestnut again. People have the free speech to say anti immigration things, find me a single example where someone has been prosecuted for saying anything merely anti immigration?

Part of free speech though is that if someone says something ignorant or that we disagree with... the rest of us have the free speech to say that's what we think.

Free speech is not being able to say "shut the borders" without anyone disagreeing, and disagreeing is not oppression. As soon as we start prosecuting people for merely being anti immigration, I'll be joining the protests out on the street.

fivetide
08-01-2015, 10:10 AM
This old chestnut again. People have the free speech to say anti immigration things, find me a single example where someone has been prosecuted for saying anything merely anti immigration?

Read it again John. Howydoo didn't say they had been prosecuted, just branded 'racist'.

That isn't helpful at all. It ignores the will of people and the genuine concerns they have.

For reference I give you the protest in Germany at the weekend. 18,000 people peacefully voicing their concerns at the "Islamification" of Europe and their country because Governments are too busy bending over backwards to 'integrate' people instead of asking them to respect the culture and society they choose to live in.

Were they prosecuted? No.

Did the cities etc turn the lights off on them? Yes.

Were conversations entered into or their concerns respected? No

Were they immediately decried as right wing racists? Yes.

These people are not Nazis they are however

the_idiotb_stardson
08-01-2015, 10:21 AM

If you want to win this type of war, the policy makers in the EU and the UK need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

We're still playing this outdated game of party politics, when we should be voting on different policies that affect the population.

Let's stick crosses on ballot papers that affect:

Health, Education, Defence, Immigration, Eco, Housing, Law and Order etc etc.

Break these down and all of a sudden, you'll get much nearer to the 'will of the people' than we have now. let's stick a list of 30 topics on a ballot paper and vote o

John2
08-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Were they prosecuted? No.

Did the cities etc turn the lights off on them? Yes.

Were conversations entered into or their concerns respected? No

Were they immediately decried as right wing racists? Yes.

It seems you, just like many others who get to experience the benefit of it, don't understand what free speech really is. your first point is key: "Were they prosecuted? No.". Were they banned from expressing them? No, therefore they had free speech.

The rest of your points are largely irrelevant to the matter of free speech, except they represent the freedoms of everybody else to respond to something they disagreed with, as they are entitled to in a free society.

Go to somewhere like China, North Korea or Russia and then we can talk about free speech.

fivetide
08-01-2015, 10:35 AM
It seems you, just like many others who get to experience the benefit of it, don't understand what free speech really is. your first point is key: "Were they prosecuted? No.". Were they banned from expressing them? No, therefore they had free speech.

The rest of your points are largely irrelevant to the matter of free speech, except they represent the freedoms of everybody else to respond to something they disagreed with, as they are entitled to in a free society.

Go to somewhere like China, North Korea or Russia and then we can talk about free speech.

It seems that you, like many liberal apologists who are responsible for the situation we now find ourselves in likes to sound clever but repeatedly ignores the point made.

Howdydoo said anyone complaining was decried as racist. Not arrest, not prosecuted, just simply ignored.

You missed that entirely and ask him to demonstrate where anyone had been prosecuted for attacking immigrat

John2
08-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Howdydoo said anyone complaining was decried as racist. Not arrest, not prosecuted, just simply ignored.

OK, let me try again... freedom of speech is NOT IN ANY WAY an entitlement to be listened to or free from critique. It is merely the freedom to say things without censorship by the government. Strewth.

Edit: From wiki, as I love to copy and paste: "Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

fivetide
08-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Let me try again.

NO ONE IS QUESTIONING WHAT FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS.

You asked about arrests/prosecution THAT WAS WRONG AND NOT WHAT WAS SAID

"Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE THEM WHY SHOULD YOU BRAND THE SPEAKER AS RACIST? THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION THAT WHAT SIX POSTS IN YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED!

double strewth and facepalm.

John2
08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE THEM WHY SHOULD YOU BRAND THE SPEAKER AS RACIST? THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION THAT WHAT SIX POSTS IN YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED!

BECAUSE BRANDING SOMETHING RACIST IF YOU CONSIDER IT TO BE RACIST IS YOUR RIGHT IN A SOCIETY WITH FREE SPEECH.

Are you saying you shouldn't be able to label someone racist if you think they are? That sounds like the opposite of free speech.

howdydoo
08-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Part of free speech though is that if someone says something ignorant or that we disagree with... the rest of us have the free speech to say that's what we think.

I disagree.

fivetide
08-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Are you saying you shouldn't be able to label someone racist if you think they are? That sounds like the opposite of free speech.

So if I was to say I'd had service station gravy that wasn't this thick that would be ok?

Let's break it down for the hard of thinking:

Howdydoo:

"Free speech has been oppressed to such a level that any rational dissenters are classed as racist, as soon as they open their gobs."

You:
"Some irrelevant rubbish about prosecution"

Me:
"That is wrong John. If you immediately dismiss something as racist without listening to the argument then that does not help. That is what Howdydoo is saying"

You:
"SHOUTY TO COVER UP THE FACT YOU CAN'T GET THE POINT"

That better?

John2
08-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Let's break it down for the hard of thinking:

Howdydoo:

"Free speech has been oppressed to such a level that any rational dissenters are classed as racist, as soon as they open their gobs."

You:
"Some irrelevant rubbish about prosecution"

Me:
"That is wrong John. If you immediately dismiss something as racist without listening to the argument then that does not help. That is what Howdydoo is saying"

You:
"SHOUTY TO COVER UP THE FACT YOU CAN'T GET THE POINT"

That better?

No, I pointed out that howdy's original point was not a free speech issue, I have continued to defend that, and I am not the one who started with the shouty capitals (clue: that was you).

howdydoo
08-01-2015, 01:03 PM

BECAUSE BRANDING SOMETHING RACIST IF YOU CONSIDER IT TO BE RACIST IS YOUR RIGHT IN A SOCIETY WITH FREE SPEECH.

Are you saying you shouldn't be able to label someone racist if you think they are? That sounds like the opposite of free speech.[/quote]

Herein lies the problem.

It's so, so easy to label someone a racist. There's a lot of ignorance out there granted but anyone with moderate or thought provoking views, that don't fit the 'mantra' are instantly labelled as racist in this country.

So back to my original point. Let's do away with party politics and let the masses vote on a number of the major issues/policies in this country, via the ballot box.

Not one party represents me in this c

John2
08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
So back to my original point. Let's do away with party politics and let the masses vote on a number of the major issues/policies in this country, via the ballot box.

Not one party represents me in this country because I probably agree with 30% of Labour policy, 30% of Tory policy and 15% of other parties policies.

So that tells you 25% of what I would like to vote for, no one currently represents my views.

... and just for the record, I don't really give a sh!t what yours are. For me, you're a very well educated young person, who argues his point well but thinks that, said education provides all the answers. It doesn't I'm afraid. The world according to JOHN2 doesn't exist.

I just want to see some kind of political vehicle that can best represent the will of the people, with a certain amount of ring fencing thrown in. Health, Education etc. Even if I don't agree with it all. Party politics just doesn't do it for me. At all.

We

frogmiller
08-01-2015, 02:30 PM
JE SUIS CHARLIE!

jolly_roger
08-01-2015, 02:50 PM
or as John2 would say Je suis boring

If you mind my french ;)

Still the lad has stamina peddling his bilge.

howdydoo
08-01-2015, 03:35 PM
'But arguments can be made for direct democracy, its just most people think it would be a disaster.'

Most people as in, the politicians, the establishment and your friends at the Guardian?

I actually agree with some of what you say but I don't think you can actually grasp that better educated people than you, have different views and don't see the world as you do. These are no doubt individuals that you would simply label as racist or maybe they are as you put it, 'not as well informed' as you are. Thank the lord you didn't go into teaching. You haven't have you :s :s :s

Part of the problem, is that you truly think you 'have seen the world'

I think there's large elements off culture and society you simply haven't been exposed to and you don't actually acknowledge or know exists.

John2
08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Part of the problem, is that you truly think you 'have seen the world'

I think there's large elements off culture and society you simply haven't been exposed to and you don't actually acknowledge or know exists.

Go on howdy, indulge me... what makes you think you've got a better grasp on the world, and what have you experienced that I don't even know exists?

howdydoo
08-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Nothing specific John. I wasn't referring to myself that's why I stated people.

What I would conclude from my own view of the world and through my experience of working in different cities and employing 100's (over the years) of different nationalities and people from varying backgrounds, is that I have a better grasp on reality than you do.

It'd take a great big bulldozer and a great big dose of what you've taken, for me to change that view.

Have a nice evening.

John2
08-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Nothing specific John. I wasn't referring to myself that's why I stated people.

What I would conclude from my own view of the world and through my experience of working in different cities and employing 100's (over the years) of different nationalities and people from varying backgrounds, is that I have a better grasp on reality than you do.

It'd take a great big bulldozer and a great big dose of what you've taken, for me to change that view.

Have a nice evening.

Ah, so you didn't mean yourself but were actually cleverly comparing my knowledge of the world to that of all 7 billion other "people" and concluded there are others who know more than me. How very insightful.

A nice little argumentum ab auctoritate thrown in good measure. I wish you a nice evening too.

villamiller
08-01-2015, 05:29 PM
I do find these debates with howydido ,five tide and johnny2 Intriguing ...although most of it goes over my head ...why not meet up and have a feeyght ;D ;D ;D ;D

DK_NY
09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
I try to stay off the political threads but feel inclines to say that immigration is getting out of hand after two Sylvanian families moved into my granddaughters house on Christmas day !

millertop
09-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Man hunt been underway all day, now another shooting in a supermarket, might be hostages

millertop
09-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Children taken hostage >:(

John2
09-01-2015, 11:03 PM
AKA or just AK
I bet thes ****s were on the radar, in future shoot before they can protest about "Being insulted" Makes you want to weep,

The Muslims said.
"They drew first"

Interesting to note that the policeman who was shot in your video was a Muslim who made the ultimate sacrifice defending Charlie Hebdo's right to insult his religion. Brave man, and puts vitriolic, ignorant posts like this into perspective.

millertop
10-01-2015, 09:00 AM
4 hostages killed by one of the gunmen yesterday at the supermarket ( innocent people by the way) that makes 17 people killed in France in two attacks >:(

Some suspects were also killed.

USA are asking for worldwide travel alerts after attacks in France, Canada and Australia.

frogmiller
10-01-2015, 12:27 PM
AKA or just AK

The Muslims said.
"They drew first"

Interesting to note that the policeman who was shot in your video was a Muslim who made the ultimate sacrifice defending Charlie Hebdo's right to insult his religion. Brave man, and puts vitriolic, ignorant posts like this into perspective.[/quote]

Hebdo has insulted all religions and this police officer along with others in France have died to protect the right of free speach regardless of religion!

The religion of this poilice officer is of no importance to the situation unless you state it.

A) 3 terrorists have been killed over t

millertop
10-01-2015, 12:40 PM
People doing their jobs, INNOCENT people killed .

They might think there's an excuse but there is no EXCUSES FOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE .

Yes I would go with A .

John2
10-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Hebdo has insulted all religions and this police officer along with others in France have died to protect the right of free speach regardless of religion!

The religion of this poilice officer is of no importance to the situation unless you state it.

The religion is of importance when its being noted in response to those who want to use such atrocities to ignorantly brand all Muslims as terrorists. The response has been widespread condemnation.

frogmiller
10-01-2015, 01:30 PM

The religion is of importance when its being noted in response to those who want to use such atrocities to ignorantly brand all Muslims as terrorists. The response has been widespread condemnation.[/quote]

He was a working man! The terrorists didn't ask what religion he was and religion has nothing to do with what he did for a living!

John, I am not prepared to go toe to toe with you on this. It's what you do, you live for threads like this and you'd like people to think the way you think by picking the items in posts you know about and responding to those things in a way that suits. You do it without the ability to see where the other pos

John2
10-01-2015, 01:50 PM
John, I am not prepared to go toe to toe with you on this.

I genuinely have no idea what you think we'd be going toe to toe on. The only point I'm making is that there are a majority of Muslims who are as disgusted and devastated as the rest of us by these attacks, and that it is unfair for people to capitalise on tragedies like this to go open season blaming all Muslims for the actions of a tiny minority.

You're right, when people post ignorant things I do struggle to see where they're coming from.

howdydoo
10-01-2015, 01:55 PM

The religion is of importance when its being noted in response to those who want to use such atrocities to ignorantly brand all Muslims as terrorists. The response has been widespread condemnation.[/quote]

He was a working man! The terrorists didn't ask what religion he was and religion has nothing to do with what he did for a living!

John, I am not prepared to go toe to toe with you on this. It's what you do, you live for threads like this and you'd like people to think the way you think by picking the items in posts you know about and responding to those things in a way that suits. You do i

John2
10-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Here we have an individual, who lives in his own defined and unbreakable bubble.

Perhaps... but you you should look up the definition of irony.

howdydoo
10-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Don't need to. I'm intelligent and wise enough to know it. Just about.

Doesn't apply in my case.

I have an open mind on the subject. Surely you're not suggesting I believe ALL muslims to be terrorist?

Does this mean you've got a label for me too?

Ahhh bless.

John2
10-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Doesn't apply in my case.

I have an open mind on the subject.

What has led you to the conclusion that your mind is more open than mine, other than what comes across as a smug sense of superiority (which is ironic of me to say, I know).