PDA

View Full Version : To all the Revell haters/non believers...

Brin
07-01-2015, 03:25 PM
it appears you have what you've wanted all along...who's your next victim? Just don't forget who's goals put us in the Championship...then again it was Revell so you'll soon forget him..

Looking at the posts over the past two seasons this lad has come in for some right stick and wrongly so imo..

We knew he wasn't a 'prolific' goal scorer but would come up with the better quality of goal when it mattered the most...

You obviously all believe that who wears the number 9 shirt has to be a Malcolm McDonald..Alan Shearer..RVP..Thierry Henry or of similar ilk...we knew his record of goals before he was bought and why he was brought in which was to do a specific talisman front holding roll and yes score where he could..had he been a 20 goal per season player he'd have been gone a full season ago..

'IF' we had players who would put the same shift/effort in as this lad game in game out then we wouldn't be where we are now this season...mark my words he will be sorely missed as what I have

jolly_roger
07-01-2015, 03:28 PM
100% correct

villamiller
07-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Amen to that brin 100% agree

redhouse
07-01-2015, 03:32 PM
The never say die attitude that got us 2 promotions in 2 years stemmed from Alex Revell

It's been a lot harder this season for all our players he will be sorely missed :(

fivetide
07-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Agree Brin as per the other thread. I know some believe that he has hero worship, loves the club etc but if that were the case, he'd have signed a new deal.

As said, I think it will bite us on the jacksie.

Confirmed for 175k is it?

PeteWaller
07-01-2015, 03:37 PM
I feel as though we've lost a member of the family. Luv'd this guy and all he brought. He will be missed and unless we get some decent stuff in soon the morale of the fans will deteriorate even further imo. Not to mention the team. Hero today, zero tomorrow, what a game eh!

This fella never never gave up

millertop
07-01-2015, 03:40 PM
The fans did not get rid of Revell, yes some will be glad he's gone but they didnt sell him.so whats the point in this thread :/

jolly_roger
07-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Him going is worrying

The prospect of replacing him with anybody that is supposedly better is even more worrying.

RedArrowMiller
Mixed views already from the look of the link - view external link (http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152678&sid=5277c8f8aac3c5c07112ef757547c62e)

Fensmiller
Shame to see him go but did he go because of some section of the fans, or did he go for a better deal for himself ? And Rotherham let him go for a bit of cash back, could be seen as a bit of good business for himself as he like the rest of the squad are struggling and perhaps he thought a fresh start could kick start his form and career. Just a thought and goodluck to the lad

PeteWaller
07-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Agree. Good business sense all round, just sad to see him go

jolly_roger
07-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Agree. Good business sense all round, just sad to see him go

Yep we will need the money when we drop back into league 1

fivetide
07-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Blimey.

No the fans didn't sell him. Neither did they 'hound him out of the club'

BUT once again, if you are happy you stay on do you not? Why change?

Slogging his guts out, 121 appearances in the squad in a row and getting booed off at the end can easily turn a head.

That is why I specifically said "unappreciated" before. You can't boo the whole team and not expect some players to think "well you come and do it if it is so easy". That's the trouble with booing, it is indiscriminate.

Man will always be a legend at the club.

Pistolpete
07-01-2015, 03:50 PM
A massive loss IMO he has been pivotal to us climbing up the leagues and when he is not in the team its nearly as noticeable as it would be trying to play without a goal keeper if you get my drift. It's all about turning up on the day and he never failed to turn up for and always gave his best for the shirt, 3 times we have been to Wembley 2 wins and one defeat, jemson, then Ryan Taylor then THAT goal from revs now remember a certain Alfie that didn't turn up at Wembley and he has legendary status and rightly so because he was awesome for us but Revell turned up at Wembley and for a lot of millers fans that moment will stay in the memory forever. Thanks Alex for giving me my best ever memory of being a Miller and good luck. People who understand football know what he brings to the team and its not always about who put the ball in the back of the net, we beat Leeds with that exceptional finish by Clarke-Harris but who mad the challenge chasing back on the halfway line to make that possi

rawmarshred
07-01-2015, 03:56 PM
[quote="Brin"]it appears you have what you've wanted all along...who's your next victim? Just don't forget who's goals put us in the Championship...then again it was Revell so you'll soon forget him..

Looking at the posts over the past two seasons this lad has come in for some right stick and wrongly so imo..

We knew he wasn't a 'prolific' goal scorer but would come up with the better quality of goal when it mattered the most...

You obviously all believe that who wears the number 9 shirt has to be a Malcolm McDonald..Alan Shearer..RVP..Thierry Henry or of similar ilk...we knew his record of goals before he was bought and why he was brought in which was to do a specific talisman front holding roll and yes score where he could..had he been a 20 goal per season player he'd have been gone a full season ago..

'IF' we had players who would put the same shift/effort in as this lad game in game out then we wouldn't be where we are now this season...mark my word

TMiller
07-01-2015, 04:00 PM
The never say die attitude that got us 2 promotions in 2 years stemmed from Alex Revell

It's been a lot harder this season for all our players he will be sorely missed :(

agree. especially league two. when we were in that division you didn't know how we were guna perform from game to game until that run of wins at the end. that run didn't come from us finally clicking and playing brilliant football/ i firmly believe that it came from revell setting the example with his desire and the other players following suit.

This season he is the only one who has given us any sort of presence up front and he just needed a decent striker to play with him. revell hasn't been the problem this season and i'm sad to see him go. definitely my favourite rotherham player ever

TimeforAle
07-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Load of baljix Brin, the lad is simply not good enough for the Championship!!

He wasn't good enough for League 1 until he finally decided to pop up at Preston in the first leg!!

Strikers are for scoring goals, end of!

hillsborough miller
07-01-2015, 04:17 PM
i agree and disagree

when revell was playing with another striker he provided space for the other striker to run into and also gave a lot of assists. yes he has struggled in this league with the tactics evans wanted to play revolving strike partner but so have the other players
losing agard what ever the real reason for him going and in hind sight we haven't replaced him. with a consistent strike partner for revell to work with so we played hoof ball and revs got the stick.

slade still thinks he can do the job and revsthinks he can

so the best mate and thank for the 3.5 years you have given us

DavidR__9
07-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I wonder about the "good business" thing. It's likely a good thing for Revell, who'll get a pay rise (and likely the best contract he'll ever get in football).

For us? Less so. 175K isn't really anything these days, so, it's only just better than losing him on a free next season. It's likely we'll have to pay more to replace him.

And we do need to replace him. Although Bowery and Clark Harris are tall, neither have the nous or the style to physically compete like Revell does. It doesn't matter what style you play, you need to win the physical battles. Either Clark Harris or Bowery would be effective with a partner; as a partnership I'm not sure they look like they'll work.

I think we might have been better allowing Revell to leave on a free in the summer (if we didn't want to retain him/couldn't offer him good enough terms) and taken his contribution for the rest of the season. That said. if it's an amazing deal for him at Cardiff and we've let him go to maximise his career and his

burger1
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm truly gutted,probably my favourite player..No one in team gave as much. No he wasn't a prolific goalscorer.i never saw him as one but always hoped he could make it as one but the flick on the running the constant harassment he caused was awesome.but as an attacking midfielder behind a true striker this guy would be phenomenal. I'm sure his new club will play him how he should be played and what a loss this will be. I can only wish him all the luck in world

leedsmiller
07-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I can't say Revell has been my favourite player over the years but that hasn't stopped me from appreciating his contribution to our rise to Championship status.

I don't believe there are many Revell haters as such but we had many who saw his presence in the team solely as a goalscorer and so were frustrated by his lack of goals. The problem was that throughout his time here he carried the attack almost single-handed. Agard scored the majority of goals but could never be viewed as support for Revell operating as he did from the right wing. Others came and went but we never had that established front two that many clubs enjoy.

Having watched the Millers for several decades it's hard to think of anyone who worked harder, for club as well as community, and he never gave less than 100%, despite being constantly targeted by the opposition for 'special' treatment. I suspect Cardiff offered him longer term contractual security than we were prepared to offer which would have been his prime c

Miller67
07-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Really don't see where you're coming from here Brin, the vast, vast of majority of our fans knew and appreciated his value to the team.
Just because a few didn't, it hardly adds up to much, the Millers I know were always behind him, disappointed by his lack of goals yes, but, he more than made up for that in other ways, and that's why he can leave with his head held high, I am sad to see him go, but if it's in his best interests then he goes with my blessing.
You'll not find many more target men who could take the hammering he did and yet always be fit for the next game.

Good luck Revs, hope you enjoyed your time with us, we definitely appreciated your contribution to our history

djsld
07-01-2015, 05:01 PM
At least we will still get to give him a proper send off and show our appreciation on March 3rd.

Ambitious but brilliant...
Words that will forever be a big part of RUFC history.

Casper64Frank
07-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Good luck Alex and thanks for the memories,not just the Wembley ones.

Players come and go much the same as managers and fans.
As for his stats 170 games-34 goals-2 promotions a goal every 5/6 games not prolific but nothing to be ashamed about and didn't deserve some of the abuse he got.
Once again good luck Revs and as for us lets move on quickly and replace him.

UTM.

ozzymiller
07-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Well, I for one am gutted and so are my kids. I honestly can't understand 'any' grief he got. Somebody showed me a team sheet the other week that had donkey for Revell's. I laughed but really wanted to rip it up.
I perhaps agree with TFA - is he good enough for the championship? Not sure, but then again, who out of the squad is? Even Alfie isn't pulling trees up at Cardiff this season. Is he not good enough?
Normally the Millers love a player who gives his all and more. Not only on the pitch either. I was in corporate the day he lifted his shirt for the family of a miller who had died. He was immense and was the last player to leave that night and happily chatted to everyone.
And then, one of the most memorable days of my life - Wembley (I include my wedding in that).
Good luck Revs and I hope you have a bumper pay day you more than deserve it - for a donkey that is ;-)

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Mixed views already from the look of the link

So he is described as a fans favourite on the link above which contradicts the quote from Cardiff yesterday about Revelll being "under fire" from his own supporters.

Journalists and fans trying to whip up a storm out of nothing.

Revs is going because RUFC wouldn't give him 2 years, They only offered one. Cardiff have offered a better wage.

That's the mundane truth of the matter. No fall out, no bust ups.

fivetide
07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
So he is described as a fans favourite on the link above which contradicts the quote from Cardiff yesterday about Revelll being "under fire" from his own supporters.

Revs is going because RUFC wouldn't give him 2 years, They only offered one. Cardiff have offered a better wage.

The comment wasn't from Cardiff, it was just in the press. That's the actual mundane truth of the matter .

Keep flogging the same horse chap. I do think it is quite dead though.

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 08:25 PM

The comment wasn't from Cardiff, it was just in the press. That's the actual mundane truth of the matter .

Keep flogging the same horse chap. I do think it is quite dead though.[/quote]

So all of a sudden the quote which you lauded as an "excellent link" you are now saying in a much more derogatory way "it was just in the press".

Which one is it magnificent journalism or throwaway tosh?

You have tried your best to make a mountain out of a molehill about Revell goin

Brin
07-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Really don't see where you're coming from here Brin, the vast, vast of majority of our fans knew and appreciated his value to the team.
Just because a few didn't, it hardly adds up to much, the Millers I know were always behind him, disappointed by his lack of goals yes, but, he more than made up for that in other ways, and that's why he can leave with his head held high, I am sad to see him go, but if it's in his best interests then he goes with my blessing.
You'll not find many more target men who could take the hammering he did and yet always be fit for the next game.

Good luck Revs, hope you enjoyed your time with us, we definitely appreciated your contribution to our history

Sensible reply fella so I'll reply ...

There have been many many posts on this site in the past and recently where Revell came in for a lot of stick...mainly down to the fact he's not a 20+ a season goal scorer...what these so called fans fail/failed to

the_idiotb_stardson
07-01-2015, 08:29 PM

Top post and a very balanced anti dote to the sensationalist hysteria about Revs departure

Ericsladkilnhurst
07-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Has Brin has said Alex Revel got some clog from opposing defences, but what did he do, he got up & gave a blood & guts performance, a never say die attitude.
The Revel haters have got what they wanted, who's the next victim. !