PDA

View Full Version : Painful

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 04:08 PM
All this waiting for news on new signings, all the speculation on this that and t'other is simply painful. Remember the pre internet days, it was a much more relaxed affair, you got the news from the Star or the Tizer and that was that, I even remember catching the odd bit of news from the nationals once or twice.
All the online stuff must add pressure to clubs, managers and players alike, but increases the blood pressure for us fans.. Then there's the so called fans who simply delight in stirring things up, making up all sorts of stupid yarns to somehow big themselves up when in reality all they do is to look like pathetic small minded children. Where will it all end?
Ban the internet I say, ban it!

clarkey1974
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Remember the times when they would unveil a new signing before kick off or at half time with hardly anybody barring the club official's in the know.!.

Brin
07-01-2015, 05:36 PM
All this waiting for news on new signings, all the speculation on this that and t'other is simply painful. Remember the pre internet days, it was a much more relaxed affair, you got the news from the Star or the Tizer and that was that, I even remember catching the odd bit of news from the nationals once or twice.
All the online stuff must add pressure to clubs, managers and players alike, but increases the blood pressure for us fans.. Then there's the so called fans who simply delight in stirring things up, making up all sorts of stupid yarns to somehow big themselves up when in reality all they do is to look like pathetic small minded children. Where will it all end?
Ban the internet I say, ban it!

But you wouldn't have been able to post this if it was banned...:P ;D

Donald_Valley
07-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Good points. I've been watching Twitter all day. Reporters,mreportin other reporters tweets as news. Then questioning reporters accuracy. Total farce. Those Radio Sheffield ****s are in it to the hilt...creating none stories

Archiemiller
07-01-2015, 07:33 PM
When we signed Charlie Crickmore from Gillingham in 66/67? a red it in STAR on mi way hooam from work,no social media in them days.XD XD

Brin
07-01-2015, 08:45 PM
When we signed Charlie Crickmore from Gillingham in 66/67? a red it in STAR on mi way hooam from work,no social media in them days.XD XD

My pigeon had it attached to his leg when I got home... in them days...;D

pollittburo
07-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Chill out and think of how many trees we're saving.

jolly_roger
07-01-2015, 09:45 PM

My pigeon had it attached to his leg when I got home... in them days...;D[/quote]

Sheer luxury, we were so poor we shot our pigeon, stuffed it with mashed up Green 'Un and shared it out amongst the 12 of us

ScarboroughMiller
07-01-2015, 10:13 PM

My pigeon had it attached to his leg when I got home... in them days...;D[/quote]

Sheer luxury, we were so poor we shot our pigeon, stuffed it with mashed up Green 'Un and shared it out amongst the 12 of us[/quote]

Luxury, we were that poor that we couldn't even afford to shoot a pigeon, mi dad would chuck us up int air t catch one, n if we dint then we'd av t eat a slug or summet.

PerigordMiller
07-01-2015, 10:50 PM

Sheer luxury, we were so poor we shot our pigeon, stuffed it with mashed up Green 'Un and shared it out amongst the 12 of us[/quote]

Luxury, we were that poor that we couldn't even afford to shoot a pigeon, mi dad would chuck us up int air t catch one, n if we dint then we'd av t eat a slug or summet.[/quote]

Different worlds ...

you had your own slugs ?