PDA

View Full Version : We need to look abroad

robsmillers
07-01-2015, 07:10 PM
If we want to sign good players within our playing budget then surely we need to start looking in europe.

Im not sure how far our scouting network goes but we need to explore this avenue.

If you look at most of the leading championship clubs they have been doing this for a very long time.

Thoughts?

Solitaar
07-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Cristian Eissele, Young American striker playing his trade in Sweden, Was playing in Finland 1st division. looks decent and knows where the net is. - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2uWtqkdrQM)

jolly_roger
07-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Thoughts?

I think our scouting network still goes dib dib dib and sings ging gang goolie

ghost_of_dusty_m
07-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Agree 100%

The mls seems a good start, dom dwyers stats look spot on in a league that boasts a host of european a listers and promising usa talent that did well for itself at the world cup, then the german and spanish 2nd tiers, dutch, belgian, ukrainian, portugeuese...

ghost_of_dusty_m
07-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Am I right in saying our scouting network consists of mr evans brother or am I dreaming I heard that...

walter10
07-01-2015, 07:55 PM
What would our Ukip supporters have to say?

ghost_of_dusty_m
07-01-2015, 08:02 PM
D d d d d d d,
d d d d d d d
d d d d d d d

carlos pedros (rather that alex revell)

is probably what our ukip suporters woukd say if he knew where the net was...

and dom dwyer from mls is english so they can relax!!!!!!!!

Timbertop
07-01-2015, 09:03 PM
There are loads of good players in the Spanish second division but have we the resources or the capability to sniff them out?

CrackersATM
07-01-2015, 09:17 PM
There is quality players everywhere but you have to be targeted and know the market. Realistically are we in a position to sniff out foreign talent ahead of the big boys? Agents are everywhere and will play clubs off against each other. I thought SE was using his contacts in Scotland and the preseason tours to take advantage of players from North of the Border.

A few years ago we had effectively a Polish supporters club playing in Poland getting gates of around a 1,000 for their home matches. At the time we were under Boothy and about to hit the rocky road of administration followed by another administration. It's a shame we couldn't help them more than send a few second hand kits and almost make them a feeder club for that part of Europe.

UTM!

walter10
07-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Cameron is currently talking to Merkel on closing the door to EU migrants coming to Britain.

mikemiller
07-01-2015, 09:31 PM
After recent summer signings, first thing that comes to mind - our scouting system needs improving... not sure that it could cope with looking abroad, although there are good players out there

deMiller
07-01-2015, 09:43 PM
After recent summer signings, first thing that comes to mind - our scouting system needs improving... not sure that it could cope with looking abroad, although there are good players out there

Improving is an understatement.

PerigordMiller
07-01-2015, 11:03 PM
I volunteer to scout in the area.

What could go wrong ?

dmentor
08-01-2015, 02:27 PM
I need to go abroad,it would be cheaper for me than going all over this country watching the Miller's.