PDA

View Full Version : Jack Barmby

millertop
08-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Signed on loan from Leicester

Mid/striker

scum_triumphant
08-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Another product of the Manchester United Youth system.

Brin
08-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Looks like we could be Leicester's Bury ...:)

Hope the lads as good as Lawrence !

millertop
08-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Another product of the Manchester United Youth system.

Started out at Hull according to Wikipedia, yes I had to google him XD

Scored 5 in 17 appearances when on loan at Hartlepool

gwru
08-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Is loan till end of season? Is he left footed just looking at him on O/S

millertop
08-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Is loan till end of season? Is he left footed just looking at him on O/S

1 month

Will he take after his Dad Nick :D

DavidEdinburgh
08-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Can't see point in 1 month loan deals unless clause to auto extend. says he's a winger on BBC. We need some stability around the core team. anyway - see who else comes in but I'm getting impatient for news !!!

millermanic
08-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Only played 17 league games in his career, all for league 2 Hartlepool.

gwru
08-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Says on Sky sports transfer news he's a left sided midfield player & its till end of season. Pringle's replacement?

PeteWaller
08-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Hope he's ok but this is not the type of signing I'm hoping for - neither duration of loan or his playing position fits for me and he has no experience of Championship. Seems like just another one of the scatter gun approach to me. Leicester again?

Big signings needed not this kind.

Good luck to Jack though and I welcome him to NYS

Like others, it's hard waiting for news of a prolific striker at least ;D ;D

fivetide
08-01-2015, 11:04 AM
For me he can be a good signing. Look at where unknown Tavernier got us last year and other young players.

With people moaning about a lack of pace from Pringle it goes to show that people are never happy. Hopefully he's greased lightening and might be able to put a ball in.

Last not write him off before he has arrived eh?

RawmarshMiller
08-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Know nothing about the lad, hopefully a quick, tricky winger. if only we had a big target man centre forward that can win balls in the air, hold the ball up and bring tricky wingers in to play.

Hmm, someone like, er, Alex Revell?

swintondude
08-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Just watched all his goals for pool. Took them all very well. Looked classy to me. This could be a good signing. Pity only a month. Could be sat on bench and then off again.[!]128532;

HeyRiccchhhooo
08-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Know nothing about the lad, hopefully a quick, tricky winger. if only we had a big target man centre forward that can win balls in the air, hold the ball up and bring tricky wingers in to play.

Hmm, someone like, er, Alex Revell?

eeerrr JCH?????

millertop
08-01-2015, 11:19 AM
He's definitely a midfielder/striker but it's where Evans puts him what matters :s

Ravo_Miller
08-01-2015, 11:30 AM
For me he can be a good signing. Look at where unknown Tavernier got us last year and other young players.

With people moaning about a lack of pace from Pringle it goes to show that people are never happy. Hopefully he's greased lightening and might be able to put a ball in.

Last not write him off before he has arrived eh?

The thing with Tavernier was that he was quick, but also physically strong as well. Hope Barmby is the same...

TimeforAle
08-01-2015, 11:30 AM
It will either work or it won't - hope he has just some of his Dads talent.

Was hoping for more of a longer term experienced Revell replacement really...maybe that's next...

leedsmiller
08-01-2015, 11:40 AM
If we're to remain in the Championship for any length of time we must start building a core of 18 or so Championship quality players, starting now - or, preferably, six months ago. I appreciate SE has tried to do this but almost every permanent signing has failed. We're in a battle for survival and every newcomer has to make a significant contribution or we're doomed. Good luck to Jack, he needs to develop his career, Leicester need to develop him but my only interest is Rotherham United and from my perspective he seems yet another sticking plaster on a gaping wound. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

PS I had very similar concerns about the squad 12 months ago and look what happened then! ;D

axholme_miller
08-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Short term loans again! Had hoped for more permanency, nothing against him but not the signing I'd hoped for either. We've already signed too many on loan and look where we are.

DavidR__9
08-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Tavernier wasn't really an unknown - he'd had a couple of loans in League One, including at Wednesday.

Similarly, Lawrence had had a decent run at Championship level with Yeovil.

It's a bit of an odd one, this, on the face of it. He's only just signed a two year deal at Leicester, so is unlikely to be available to us permanently. We've already got an inexperienced left back as first choice in James, so there's not much nous on that flank if he plays in place of Pringle. And it's a huge burden to expect him to be the goalscorer that we lack.

I suspect he's "filler", like Adam Morgan was - probably not costing us much in wages and so we might as well have him around. I'm a little sceptical of loans like those, because, to me, we'd be better off giving someone like Yates a punt than giving Leicester a hand with their players.

fivetide
08-01-2015, 12:01 PM
It was more a response to the age question than anything David.

gramiller1959
08-01-2015, 12:25 PM
He's definitely a midfielder/striker but it's where Evans puts him what matters :s

left back then :/ XD

the_idiotb_stardson
08-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Looking at our recent signings I can't help think that Evans is putting together a "boyband"

deMiller
08-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Dont like the look of this signing. Not because of the player but what to infer from this deal. Assuming Evans was after Lawrence but Leicester wouldnt allow it but gave him the next best thing been young inexperienced Barmby, Evans clearly accepting as he fears there is not much else going off behind the scenes in an attacking sector.
I pray to god im wrong though.

Good luck to Barmby, his goals at Hartlepool do look well taken but this is 2 Divisions higher than that.

CrackersATM
08-01-2015, 03:05 PM
I welcome Jack Barmby to NYS but agree with the majority of posters do we need another unproven kid at the moment. There is still plenty of January remaining but our games are coming thick and fast and we need points. There is no easy games or bankers at this level but our run in looks tough so the sooner we get a side established and points on the board the better.

UTM!

RawmarshMiller
08-01-2015, 03:06 PM
JCH hold the ball up?

Do you go to games and actually watch them?

Gainsbro_Miller
08-01-2015, 03:08 PM

left back then :/ XD[/quote]

Don't joke about it...apparently, that's where he's been playing for Leicester's development squad!!!!!

riccallmiller
08-01-2015, 09:42 PM
we may have agreed to give the lad some experience to do his club a favour so they are more inclined to let us have lawrence back when the African cup is over and they have players back.