PDA

View Full Version : Mind what you say lads.

crashbang
08-01-2015, 03:08 PM
This lad (Plenty to search for) has been asked by the O's solicitors to supply his earnings, assets etc to them.
I'd have thought they have no right to do so .

Courts yes, but the O's ? - view external link (http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-23562.html#.VK6o-HuAEdU)

deMiller
08-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Thats poor. Clearly building on his relationship with fans.

djsld
08-01-2015, 04:34 PM
No sympathy for him. Keyboard warrior by the sounds.

People really should brush up on the Equality act 2010.

crashbang
08-01-2015, 04:48 PM
No sympathy for him. Keyboard warrior by the sounds.

People really should brush up on the Equality act 2010.

Bit rich that, with the O calling one of the fans a fkin retard.

CrackersATM
08-01-2015, 05:01 PM
It's getting messy at Blackpool and I don't mean the unsettled Barcelona player. It only seems 2 minutes since they were higher than Blackpool Tower in the Premier League doing the double over Liverpool. I know some good Blackpool fans and I wish nothing bad for them but if this argument between the board and fans takes them down with 2 other clubs not including us that suits me fine.

I guess the moral of the story is enjoy the moment and becareful what you wish for.

UTM!

millmoorlane
08-01-2015, 06:36 PM
I've little sympathy for fans who get themselves into bother like this.

Clearly, Oyston is not someone I'd like to go for a pint with (even if he was paying). His father even less so.

However, to put something up on an internet site that leads you open for defamation is really stupid.

Firstly, the law still applies online. Everyone's known that for years.

Secondly, there's plenty of ways you can slag someone off (if you want to) just by using facts. You could call Steve Evans a fat, cheating, tax fraud (for example, because factually that's been proved). You could call Oyston Snr a rapist because factually that's correct. You could say Oyston Jnr is someone you'd prefer not to have a pint with (as I just have twice now).

I don't agree with suing the fan. I struggle to believe what could have been said that would have negatively impacted Oyston's reputation in Blackpool (and the wider area) any more than he's doing himself with his behaviour. However, he's every right to do th

crashbang
08-01-2015, 06:42 PM
He says the fans comments led to a drop in season ticket sales.
Not the fact they only had about 8 players signed up at the start of the season.

Now if he is suing fans for a drop in sales, surely it will put more fans off next season and he will have to sue himself?

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 06:47 PM
I remember when we were putting a good side together just when Owen got big ideas for the Pool, appointed Bob Stokoe as manager and was allowed to pay a measly 40,000 for Tom McAllister one of my favourite goalkeepers of all time.

Tom went on to play in Division 1 for WHU at the age of 38. Owen failed with his signings and took to rape by way of consolation. He also sired Karl, who was nowhere near as fast or consistent as O I Oyston. Though to be fair to this fine upstanding family, O I Oyston was horse.

crashbang
08-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Didn't Mandy have something like this happen?

Memory banks not sure, but I think it cost him a few quid.

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Too true Crash.

After Mandy was vilely treated and taken to court by Mark Robins he was never the same again. It seemed to take all his spirit and joie de vivre away.

He suffered far more than we did but we did lose reading Mandy's always witty, amusing and provocative writing. Although he's virtually gone now, Mandy still remains King of MM in my eyes.