PDA

View Full Version : This is my first post for almost two months and wouldn't you

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 04:41 PM
know it, I have more bad news to impart.

Before the season started I posted, here and elsewhere, one prediction per division. Division 3 - Clough is a negative dullard and that despite what the bookies said, Sheffield United had no chance of gaining automatic promotion and furthermore they would struggle to make the playoffs.

United's chances of winning the playoffs were extremely slender. Right so far...though their cup exploits are impressive.

Division 4. If Rowett stays (unlikely) Burton will definitely gain promotion. His replacement is obviously following in his admirable footsteps and so the status quo persists, with Luton Town joining them, probably in the playoffs.

Division 1 is one big yawn and will continue to be so. But then Ronald Koeman, a player I was privileged to see in the flesh more than once. Ron ran the games I saw and it struck me at the time that he would one day make an excellent manager.

Time passed and Ron was so successful on the continent that I hoped on

wrinkly
08-01-2015, 05:37 PM
4 out of 4 predictions correct at the halfway stage. Let's hope I fall down on at least one at the season's end.

When did the league decide to relegate the bottom 6 from the championship?

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 06:01 PM
When the January fixtures have been played and the transfer window has closed, I fully expect us to be in the bottom three; on the outside looking in for the rest of the season.

It saddens and frustrates me as I'm sure it does you, Wrinkly, but with two throwbacks in the technical area bawling, swearing and generally embarrassing both themselves and the club, their previous good luck all but drained away, the outcome, I regret to say, is inevitable.

villamiller
08-01-2015, 06:02 PM
[quote="Zilzal"]know it, I have more bad news to impart.

Before the season started I posted, here and elsewhere, one prediction per division. Division 3 - Clough is a negative dullard and that despite what the bookies said, Sheffield United had no chance of gaining automatic promotion and furthermore they would struggle to make the playoffs.

United's chances of winning the playoffs were extremely slender. Right so far...though their cup exploits are impressive.

Division 4. If Rowett stays (unlikely) Burton will definitely gain promotion. His replacement is obviously following in his admirable footsteps and so the status quo persists, with Luton Town joining them, probably in the playoffs.

Division 1 is one big yawn and will continue to be so. But then Ronald Koeman, a player I was privileged to see in the flesh more than once. Ron ran the games I saw and it struck me at the time that he would one day make an excellent manager.

Time passed and Ron was so

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 06:12 PM
When there seems nothing to be positive about, Villa, it's time to give up the pretence and come out of the woods with your hands held realistically high.

I like you Villa and lots of others on here more than they'll ever know. That said, I still expect to be shot down in flames, justifiably or otherwise.

millavanilla
08-01-2015, 06:14 PM
When the January fixtures have been played and the transfer window has closed, I fully expect us to be in the bottom three; on the outside looking in for the rest of the season.

It saddens and frustrates me as I'm sure it does you, Wrinkly, but with two throwbacks in the technical area bawling, swearing and generally embarrassing both themselves and the club, their previous good luck all but drained away, the outcome, I regret to say, is inevitable.

wayhay!! Hello there dr kemp and mr zil..nice to see you back...someone said youd chucked yasen in't don..mind you, you dont sound in a good state of mind..its only a game saint...

villamiller
08-01-2015, 06:17 PM
When there seems nothing to be positive about, Villa, it's time to give up the pretence and come out of the woods with your hands held realistically high.

I like you Villa and lots of others on here more than they'll ever know. That said, I still expect to be shot down in flames, justifiably or otherwise.
There's everything to be positive about my friend ...it's only a game of football after all ...just look at them poor souls in France :blue: ...if we get relegated so what ???? Will you stop supporting them , I won't ...live the dream ,because in this league that is what it is B) B)

millyTHEmiller
08-01-2015, 06:22 PM
well said villa. zilzal is one of the ones that has become 'bigtime' not even gona go into it cos it p1sses me right off

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Villa, it's a bit below the belt to bring the dead Frenchmen into this thread, but I'll forgive you this once.

As for Millavanilla, he seems to dog my every post. It sometimes feels as though I have a friend, (a follower would be too implausible) but I bear him no ill will.

Possibly I will now take another two month break. But though I like Exeter, I have no intention of joining or reading his breakaway site. There's equal fun to be had strolling through a Victorian graveyard.

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 06:35 PM
'Bigtime'? I genuinely have no idea what this means. And if you refuse to explain..?

villamiller
08-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Villa, it's a bit below the belt to bring the dead Frenchmen into this thread, but I'll forgive you this once.

As for Millavanilla, he seems to dog my every post. It sometimes feels as though I have a friend, (a follower would be too implausible) but I bear him no ill will.

Possibly I will now take another two month break. But though I like Exeter, I have no intention of joining or reading his breakaway site. There's equal fun to be had strolling through a Victorian graveyard.
Apologies for the dead French zil just trying to bring it into perspective ...we have loads of positives down at the New York ...it can be frustrating now ...but take a deep breath and look where we have come from in the last 5 years ...tony said "it would be incremental " ...I trust him on that ...he has not let us down so far has he ? :D :D

Zilzal
08-01-2015, 07:02 PM
No, Villa, TS is a fine man and with the NYS has given us a wonderful legacy.

That said, I pity him having to listen to SE's lies and fabrications on a daily basis. SE is a bully of the worst kind and would never dare say to the players on the pitch, in the media and on the training ground, what he does say in any other walk of life otherwise he'd get a fat lip and more.

He can hide behind his managerial position now but when he is no longer manager? Watch the verbals fly as players tell the truth about his REAL character and the way he conducts himself in private.

Man-motivator or player-destroyer? You decide.

Val_Mascal
08-01-2015, 08:32 PM

You can't beat a bit of Taphophilia

millavanilla
08-01-2015, 09:44 PM

its all in fun zilzal, same as with kempo..im really as daft as my dog, (well nearly, ) have a chill... O:)

millavanilla
08-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Forgot to say, that dog of mine in that avatar, is REALLY dangerous...you could actually drown in dog spit... XD